Visiting for Christmas 2013

Started by shewholaughs, September 24, 2013, 09:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shewholaughs

Hello All!

This is my first post on the forum, although I've been lurking for a few months and found lots of helpful information on previous posts - thank you all for this as it's a great resource.

My brother and I will be visiting DLP from the 24th until the 27th December, staying at the HNY. We've both been to DLP several times before in December / January, myself most recently in December 2010, but never stayed on Christmas Day itself.

I've upgraded us to the Empire State Club so that we can make use of the VIP fastpasses and private breakfast areas to save us time in the park as I understand that Christmas Day is the busiest day of the year in the park.

I had wanted to get the room decorated with the Christmas theme (I think that's new this year?) but when I called to book this the operator explained that the Christmas themeing is only available in standard rooms, not in the Empire State Club which was disappointing!

With all that in mind, I have some questions:

Christmas Day - any good spots recommended for chillaxing with a drink and opening presents? Not sure I want to do this in our room!

We arrive early morning on Christmas Eve, and are planning to go to BBWWS for dinner on the 24th. For Christmas Day itself I was thinking of booking lunch at Walt's and/or Blue Lagoon for dinner (the Christmas buffet at HNY doesn't look thrilling). Anyone have anything to share on Christmas eating locations outside of the buffet?

Anyone have any experiences to share about visiting over Christmas Eve / Day / Boxing Day in general? Other than the usual freezing weather, I'm expecting it to be packed but any other tips?

Usually we just stop for lunch / dinner at whatever is closest to where we at the time we get hungry but I want to actually book ahead this time! I'd like to try the buffet at the Plaza Gardens, & Annette's - any other recommendations?

What is the Empire Club like? Is it worth the extra cash?

Thanks all!

bad-pink-tink

waving hello shewholaughs

We will be at DLP at Christmas too. I'm taking my mum for Christmas at Disney.

I have  started a trip report https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=15892.0

We are doing the Christmas buffet at HNY, my mum wanted as near as traditional Christmas meal as possible. Like you I'm not usually bothered about booking meals but this time I am planning booking Blue Lagoon for Boxing Day.

Its going to be very busy and very cold, we are bringing lots of layers, hats , gloves scarves etc, as well as plastic ponchos.

As its just me and mum we will probally do presents in our room when we wake up

Have fun planning  :)

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

grovesie

Hi,

We will also be there ;D  and also at the Christmas day buffet at the NYH. I was supprised to hear that the park will be so busy on Christmas day, we've never been at Christmas before.

We plan to let the kids open their presents in the room( if santa thinks they have been good enough), a bit of breakfast, a trip to Hollywood Studios, the buffet lunch...., then stroll to the other park a bit of atmosphere soaking then retire to the DLH bar......

We are also at bit of a crossroads where to eat, but are waiting to speak to dining reservations in October to book all of our meals.

GROVESIE

shewholaughs

Well if you haven't tried it before, I can recommend the Blue Lagoon! Even if it's a bit dark and chloriney I love the fact it's inside a ride  8)