Have I misunderstood meal plans

Started by SParky, May 02, 2013, 07:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SParky

Having booked my first trip to DLP I booked with the standard half board meal plan

I have since upgraded this to a full board meal plan as the price difference to add an extra meal I thought was good

The way I have understood it is that with these vouchers (in the evening more specifically) I can have an all you can eat buffet or a table service meal and the price was covered (except for extra drinks etc)

Having been reading the forums I am now wondering if I have understood correctly and what I actually get is money off my meal

Can someone please explain if I am right in thinking cost is covered or am I completely wronging maybe should rethink the meal plans

If I am right, is it worth paying nearly £200 more and upgrade to the plus meal plan for the extra choice of places to eat, as I feel it probably isn't
Santa Fe - November 2013

tubbsy

It depends where you want to eat Sparky. What you are getting is the opportunity to eat well twice a day. But at a slightly smaller range of restaurants.
We've gone for premium-BUT we then have to pay for lunch which will be a quick snack here or there or much on rolls acquired at breakfast. (AS if I would do something like that?)

We found when we went a few years ago, we were able to fill up at breakfast, snack at lunch and then eat really well at night. So it was worth us upgrading our meal plan to give us a wider choices of places to eat. Does that make sense?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

tubbsy

And yes, it does cover the cost of your meal if you eat in the restaurants and from the meal indicated - If you choose to eat from a different part of the menu or at a more expensive restaurant, you will have to pay the difference.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

SParky

Quote from: "tubbsy"It depends where you want to eat Sparky. What you are getting is the opportunity to eat well twice a day. But at a slightly smaller range of restaurants.
We've gone for premium-BUT we then have to pay for lunch which will be a quick snack here or there or much on rolls acquired at breakfast. (AS if I would do something like that?)

We found when we went a few years ago, we were able to fill up at breakfast, snack at lunch and then eat really well at night. So it was worth us upgrading our meal plan to give us a wider choices of places to eat. Does that make sense?
Makes perfect sense, thank you

We are happy with the choice we have this time around, and in future we'll go with half board plus or premium
Figured if we change our minds at all we can just pay the difference in most restaurants.
Santa Fe - November 2013

tubbsy

:)
We spent yesterday looking at the menus on DLRP magic - it looks like, even with the premiums, we may have to top up the price. But at least it wont be the full price. :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

pialykke

Ooops... Sorry, didn't realise you had 2 threads on this subject... :) Just posted a reply on the other one....

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

SParky

Quote from: "pialykke"Ooops... Sorry, didn't realise you had 2 threads on this subject... :) Just posted a reply on the other one....
Thanks Pialykke

We have been though that list and got confused with set menus in some places and not in others, this was why I started the thread as I just didn't get it, with your reply and tubbsy's it's made perfect sense  :D
Santa Fe - November 2013

pialykke

I know what you mean. It is a little confusing to start with... We are hoping to book full board too next time we go, so I've been looking into it as well, and I also didn't quite get it the first time round... ;)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe