PRE-TRIP REPORT - June 10th-14th!

Started by ilovedisneylandparis, May 19, 2013, 05:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovedisneylandparis

Hi everyone! I have been willing myself to wait longer to do this pre-trip report as three weeks in advance felt a little too soon, but after watching The Top 10 Things To Know Before You Go (//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwvDxU7ZCJs) on YouTube this morning I felt in far too much of a Disneyland Paris-y mood not to get started! :D

So here's some pre-trip ramblings and thoughts from me before I pop with excitement:

- Who: Me and my boyfriend (my 7th trip and our 3rd trip together!). I am a huge Disney fan and am what you might call slightly obsessed with DLP, my boyfriend isn't so big on Disney but is absolutely amazing because he comes with me to DLP every year and loves it :') We always have such a wonderful time when we're there and have so many memories associated with the resort now!

- When: Monday 10th June - Friday 14th June (22 days to go!)

- Where: Hotel Cheyenne (our third visit to the Cheyenne, too - we've decided it's our favourite!)

- General stuff: We booked our stay in November (we got a really good deal of 4 nights/5 days for £598 - just missed out on the £560 but still thought this was great, especially seeing as we paid about £560 last year for only 3 nights/4 days!) and have been excited ever since!  We booked flights at the same time and are flying out early Monday morning and coming back late-ish Friday night, so we'll be able to make full use of our 'travelling days' as well.

We always ended up going for June before because we were at university - we finished lectures in May each year and felt like June would be a fairly quiet and more affordable time to visit than July or August. Now we're finished uni but have still stuck with June as it's always worked out well for us and the weather is usually pretty good.

I'm really excited to be there for an extra day this year compared to normal, I think it'll be lovely to spend another day exploring! I was a bit worried about money for a while, as when we booked it didn't really dawn on me that we would need an extra day's spending money for food etc, but on Friday I went and got the last of our euros, and now we're all sorted!

- What we're excited for/hoping to see: I'm really hoping we'll get chance to see the descent of the stairs, as we've never done that before. We're also itching to meet Duffy again as he was so lovely last year, and we really weren't sure if he would be around again this time, so we're so glad he is! For some reason I have never been on Casey Jr (unless I went on when I was younger and just don't remember!) so fingers crossed Casey will be open. We were a little disappointed that BTM isn't open while we're there (I will just miss it for the atmosphere it brings to Frontierland, too, I love the noises the trains make) but were relieved that POTC, Phantom Manor and It's a Small World are all open, as they're our absolute favourites.

I miss DLP all year when I'm not there, it genuinely does feel as if I am going home for a bit in June :') There's so much I'm looking forward to, even little things like buying Disney Haribo crocodiles for me and popcorn for my boyfriend, running down the corridor in the Cheyenne, the amazing fruit salad and juice they do for breakfast, seeing the 20th Anniversary train come out and singing along to the song...thinking about it all makes me SO excited and happy!

So that's about it for now really - three weeks today we will be all packed and ready to go! Looking forward to writing my actual trip report when we get back :D

tubbsy

OOH! I didnt know about the youtube 10 things! Going to look in a mo!
I know what you mean about can't wait though. We are due back in August for our first trip in three years and we are so excited! We have spent the day doing lots of reading and researching stuff on here and on DLRP magic. And I want to start our trip report now! (Bit too soon me thinks!)

Fab idea going June 10th-good weather but between the school holiday crowds. Have a fab time!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

babe ruth

A lovely read! I'm so excited that you're going soon and am even more excited to read your post-trip report, have a real swell time  :thumbs:

Shannon

After reading this i'm feeling excited for you! I hope that you have a wonderful time and i can't wait to hear about your trip and see your photos! :D

[size=85]June 2012 - Santa Fe
March 2013 - Cheyenne - (Trip Report)
March/April 2014 - Cheyenne[/size]

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: "babe ruth"A lovely read! I'm so excited that you're going soon and am even more excited to read your post-trip report, have a real swell time  :thumbs:

Thank you so much babe ruth! That's so sweet of you :ears: I can't wait to do my post-trip report, I hope you enjoy it :D

Quote from: "Shannon"After reading this i'm feeling excited for you! I hope that you have a wonderful time and i can't wait to hear about your trip and see your photos! :D

Aw thank you Shannon! I'm getting so excited now, I can't believe it's so soon :D Eek!

Quote from: "tubbsy"OOH! I didnt know about the youtube 10 things! Going to look in a mo!
I know what you mean about can't wait though. We are due back in August for our first trip in three years and we are so excited! We have spent the day doing lots of reading and researching stuff on here and on DLRP magic. And I want to start our trip report now! (Bit too soon me thinks!)

Fab idea going June 10th-good weather but between the school holiday crowds. Have a fab time!

The Top 10 Things is so much fun, it's what they show on the hotel TVs! Some people find the host annoying but we love her, haha :') Thanks so much, I hope you have a great time when you go back in August, I bet it will be amazing going back after 3 years!

capitalbarbie

Hi

We are due to go on the 9th ( we are driving) and are staying at the Cheyenne too, sooooooo excited  :D/

Have a great time
WDW Florida 1997
WDW Florida 1998
DLP Hotel Cheyenne 1999
WDW Florida 2006
WDW Florida 2009
DLP Hotel Cheyenne 2013

TigerLily

Haha - the "sorted!" girl! I remember that video!

Great read by the way geekyjo! Bet you can't wait! :D

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: "capitalbarbie"Hi

We are due to go on the 9th ( we are driving) and are staying at the Cheyenne too, sooooooo excited  :D/

Have a great time

Ahh thank you! No way, we'll be there at the same time - I hope you have a lovely time too!  :thumbs:

Quote from: "TigerLily"Haha - the "sorted!" girl! I remember that video!

Great read by the way geekyjo! Bet you can't wait! :D

Thanks TigerLily! We are getting extra excited now, exactly 3 weeks today we will be on the plane about to arrive at CDG!  :D/

Hahaha YES! I'm so glad you know who I mean - "Meet 'n' greet with the Disney characters...sorted!", she has become a vital part of my Disney holiday  :lol:

ecila

Ahhhh I'm so excited for you! Hope you have a lovely time, can't wait to hear about it when you get back! :)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (May 2002)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (Oct 2006)
- Santa Fe (June 2012) Trip report here]
//http://www.magicforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13794

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: "ecila"Ahhhh I'm so excited for you! Hope you have a lovely time, can't wait to hear about it when you get back! :)

Aw thank you lovely! I hope you have a great time on your trip too, I loved your report last year  :D

ecila

Ahh thank you! :) I'm excited to write another one this year haha :)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (May 2002)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (Oct 2006)
- Santa Fe (June 2012) Trip report here]
//http://www.magicforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13794

Rafael

Have a wonderful time! :)

ilovedisneylandparis

Thanks Rafael! Only 10 days to go now :D

DisneyManiac

Hope your a BIG MU fan, the pins will probably be released when you go!