Disney's Enchanted Christmas 2012

Started by Josh, June 30, 2012, 04:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lorrig

Yes, the Christmas Cavalcade was nice but it felt that they had just taken it off the front of the normal parade where they usually have it at Christmas and used the float they always use for the tree lighting ceremony. Apart from the Buzz and Woody float none of it felt particularly new. It also meant that the main parade didn't feel particularly Christmassy.
The Santa Vilage appeared pretty much the same as it was in 2009 and 2010. They had also left out Belle's Village stalls.
The decorations on Main Street were lovely but we thought the 'snowmen' appeared a bit plasticy.
We also really missed Fantillusion.
If it had been our first visit at Christmas we would have been delighted, it was just comparing it to our previous visits it just didn't feel quite as special, as we could see what they had left out.

Jens

Quote from: "lorrig"Yes, the Christmas Cavalcade was nice but it felt that they had just taken it off the front of the normal parade where they usually have it at Christmas and used the float they always use for the tree lighting ceremony. Apart from the Buzz and Woody float none of it felt particularly new.

Actually, they revamped all of the old floats. They added a forest of snowy christmas trees underneath the reindeers and painted the music box float red and added loads of little details, lights and christmas paintings. They also added 2 new floats (the reindeer float with the elf on and the toy basket with buzz and woody) and all the elves got new costumes + they added new fun plane and jack in a box dancers! Does that seem like they just took it from last year?

Quote from: "lorrig"It also meant that the main parade didn't feel particularly Christmassy.

The main parade is not supposed to feel christmassy. They made a choice of seperating the christmas feeling from the "magic" theme by concentrating all christmas feelings in the cavalcade ;)

Quote from: "lorrig"The Santa Vilage appeared pretty much the same as it was in 2009 and 2010.

They added Pluto with reindeer antlers this year, a really cool addition as last year he was already added as a part of the reindeer family in the form of a painting, but now you can meet him there in person! :)

Quote from: "lorrig"They had also left out Belle's Village stalls.

Belle's Christmas Village only worked in weekends and was often seen as a dead place on weekdays. It's no excuse to not put it there again, but at least they have made a new photolocation for Belle there, which wasn't there last year ;)

Quote from: "lorrig"The decorations on Main Street were lovely but we thought the 'snowmen' appeared a bit plasticy

Agreed, but keep in mind that this is the first year of the decoration overhaul to make the park celebrate a more "american" christmas and that in the following years more decorations will follow ;)

Quote from: "lorrig"We also really missed Fantillusion.

You could say that Dreams is the replacement here, but I know that it is not as Dreams does not feature the characters in real life. Sad it's gone, but in my honest opinion it was more a summer parade than a winter parade anyway :)

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

What did your kids say about Dreams!?

My 4 year old son was absolutely captivated and still loves watching the video of it 7 months later. I think the new decorations, new Cavalcade and having Dreams! made Christmas feel far better than previous years
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

penfold12

Well, just back from a weekend at DLRP, and while we had a great time, had to say we were very underwelmed by the Christmas side of things......

Main Street, was fantastic, very Christmassy, and festive. But thats where it ends. Perhaps we have been spoiled by spending the last two Christmases in WDW, there every inch of the park (all four) are decorated, and all have festive entertainment.

All the hotels go all out covered in great garlands and the whole place feels magical.

DLRP, main street and a few bits in the village...... Nothing else of note. Stayed at Sequoia Lodge, and while we enjoyed it, it wasnt particularly festive. You can really see the resort is struggling cash wise in my opinion in comparison with the effort the US parks make.

Its a real shame, as the cold weather really added to the possibilities. I mean no very merry christmas party (hard ticket event) not candle light parade with guest speakers, no carol singers. But more over no decorations as soon as you set off main street...

Such a shame

carrydee38

hi we are back from a trip 29thof november to 2nd december.  Yes it was lovely and the dreams is fantastic but if you went to the studios you would never know it was Christmas.  It has no christmas appeal at all.  There use to be stalls there and they weree gone.  Love disney but with the high price of going there, they definetly are cost cutting.  Lack of shows and cut back on decorations for the 20th Anniversay well it was not that spectacular.  But it will never stop me from going.

Lorum

I've made a lighting show at home, using the Magic Everywhere Christmas version! Watch it here: //http://www.magicforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14915

Hope you like it! Happy Holidays, everyone!
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Festival Disney

There are still loads of the christmas cd's on sale in most of the shops. Got mine from Storybook Store on Saturday.
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

petals

I will have pictures from Enchanted Christmas on my blog when I put up day 4 of the trip report. There are already some on it.

lscooper23

Hi peeps,

This is a question for anyone who went for the Christmas season this year. I have read that they normally have a ice rink outside the Hotel New York but this year i haven't seen anything about it. Does anyone know if the Ice Rink was there this season?

Festival Disney

Quote from: "lscooper23"Hi peeps,

This is a question for anyone who went for the Christmas season this year. I have read that they normally have a ice rink outside the Hotel New York but this year i haven't seen anything about it. Does anyone know if the Ice Rink was there this season?

It's now a permanent "eco" rink. However, in Summer its turned into a pen for kids to go in those giant blow up balls. I believe you can skate on it at most other times of the year.
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

lscooper23

Thank you for the info. I have never been Ice Skating so saving it to go next year :)

petals

I've started my blog entries for the first day of the Christmas season if anyone wants to have a look :)
Clickie