St David's Welsh Festival (2011) 4-6th Mar

Started by thatgirlray, March 02, 2011, 05:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatgirlray

Hi all. Glad to have finally been registered since I've been browsing around the forum since I moved to Paris and got my Passport Annual :)

Anyways, I want to see some FIREWORKS! They say they'll have them for this weekend, but I have yet to see a date on that. Anyone know when it'll happen, if it should? Thanks!

davewasbaloo

Traditionally they have had fireworks on this weekend (as well as St Patrick's day). Also you will have fireworks to look forward to in the summer. However, please be advised they are not as grand as in the US parks.
since 2001 (many before that)

thatgirlray

Cool. Thanks for your reply! I promise to not get my hopes really high, since I frequent DL California.

Will there be fireworks each night for the festival starting Friday night, or once on a specific day? I really don't want to miss it.

davewasbaloo

I am not sure I am afraid, maybe you could call DLP?
since 2001 (many before that)

thatgirlray

It's all good. Thanks for your replies :)

JelleP

"Dreams in the Sky" 2011 ;-)
[youtube:1qysfktv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rttCE540TZM[/youtube:1qysfktv]
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Festival Disney

Same old, then?
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Festival Disney

Quote from: "Festival Disney"Same old, then?
After watching the video, I must say they were actually not bad! lol
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

thatgirlray

Awesome. Thanks for the video! It's just very interesting from an American perspective because I've never seen Fantasmic music set to fireworks over the Castle. When was this fireworks display this past weekend?

Elwell2009

Quote from: "Festival Disney"Same old, then?

Only just got round to having a look at the fireworks and yes its fantasmic music again but the fireworks are abit different if you compare it to 2010, looks like they have changed some of the types of volleys they are using again, and again got rid of sum noise by getting rid of the screaming spinners.