HELP - First time DLRP 27-31 Dec xmas pressie for kids

Started by mydogcalledbaloo, October 15, 2006, 12:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mydogcalledbaloo

Hi there,

This is the first time I have ever posted a thread on here, so please excuse my ignorance!!

My husband and I are taking our 5 and 8 year old children to DLRP for the first time for all of us on 27th Dec for 4 nights instead of Father Christmas bringing them lots of unused toys.

We are staying at the Davy Crockett, as we like to self cater!!  Has anybody got any valuable tips for Davy Crockett??

I have so many questions but do not know where to start.  So I shall start with a couple for now:

How busy will it be??  

How cold is it that time of year??  Should I get thermals for the children?? Bearing in mind we are used to UK weather??

Where are the best places to eat?

We cant wait to see the kids faces on Xmas day, when we tell them where there are going?!?

Thanks for reading and your advice will be greatly appreciated!!  Here is to a happy Christmas
27-31 Dec 2006 DCR (first time ever and cried with happiness!!)
17-20 March 2007 Sequoia Lodge
21-25 March 2008 DCR
March 2010 Newport Bay- cant wait to go!!

Kristof

QuoteWe are staying at the Davy Crockett, as we like to self cater!! Has anybody got any valuable tips for Davy Crockett??

I've been to Davy Crocket a numerous times.  Feel free to ask any specific questions.

QuoteHow busy will it be??

Quite busy, especially on the 31th December.  Make sure you're early in the park that day.
QuoteHow cold is it that time of year??

Very, very cold.  

QuoteWhere are the best places to eat?

Most sit down restaurants are quite good.  As you're bringing along kids, try the buffet restaurants (like Plaza Gardens or The Lucky Nugget). Most hotels have buffet restaurants as well, you're free to make a reservation at any Disney Hotel without staying there.

Hope this helps.  8)

Edit: here's a link to the Davy Crocket Ranch photo album:
http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/d ... cket_ranch

mydogcalledbaloo

Thank you for your speedy advice.

All advice greatly appreciated, as I am sure you will appreciate and I am DLRP virgin!!
27-31 Dec 2006 DCR (first time ever and cried with happiness!!)
17-20 March 2007 Sequoia Lodge
21-25 March 2008 DCR
March 2010 Newport Bay- cant wait to go!!