Mickey’s Princesses & Pirates Party (Cancelled)

Started by JelleP, February 28, 2011, 07:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ford prefect

We had also booked our trip around the party, my 4 and 6 year olds were very disappointed, however when I told them the reason it was cancelled and that Disney had very good reasons for cancelling they were fine.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "nicoledlrp"woopiedoo for disney !!! the lady i spoke to on the telephone informed me that the princess and pirate meet and greet is a free for all regardless of whether you had already booked tickets or not so not really any sort of compensation. maybe they will push the boat out and give us all extra large soft drinks - i suppose that it would be too much to hope for a souvenir plastic cup. and by they way i think that disney owes it to the kids to do something, for them the magic is real, not an event subject to cancellation.

I'm not sure who you spoke to but from what I have been told only those who had tickets will be able to access the meet and greet in hurricanes.

Everything in Disney is subject to cancellation, I went DLP at Xmas once just to see Fantillusion and because of the snow it was cancelled EVERY night, yeah I was annoyed, my daughter devasted but these things happen. Safety first.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

nicoledlrp

suites, vip and castleclub department gave me the info about the party being cancelled and the new "non-event " (their description not mine) . we have also had our share of last minute cancellations over our many trips to disney, but this is our first "in advance" cancellation. dont think we will book for halloween just incase it gets spooked too !!!!!

BREAKING NEWS FROM DLP...... we regret to inform guests that christmas 2011 will be cancelled due to an anticipated outbreak of swine flu at the north pole. santa claus is pig sick at the decision made by the elf and safety department, but wants to reassure all guests that they will receive a complimentary jacket potato at a meet and greet with oogie boogie from nightmare before christmas.

Anthony

Quote from: "nicoledlrp"dont think we will book for halloween just incase it gets spooked too !!!!!
That's not going to happen. You could list the reasons why these particular parties weren't very well thought-through -- in fact I think most people already did, on the first page of this topic! (Although of course according to Disney, it was only the overrunning refurbishments which caused the cancellation...)

If I had booked tickets, I'd be a little annoyed that the consolation "non-event" is apparently taking place from 5pm to 8pm. The original event was scheduled to begin at 8pm, and since the park closes at 7pm you'll be missing time you've paid for if you leave early just for this. Meal vouchers for a table service or buffet might have been nicer. It would have reminded people less about the event they could have been enjoying.

nicoledlrp

just joking about halloween !! we are hopefully going to europa parc then. i feel the same adout the timing and i think your idea about meal vouchers is really good . i suppose that will never happen though !!

Lightning Renegade

Can anybody help?

We booked our holiday at the beginning of the year and specified that we wanted tickets for the princess & pirates party as my daughter is the biggest princess out there!! ( each year we go we are carrying 7/8 princess dresses around with us so she can have a photo with a princess wearing the right dress!!)

However I have just received my tickets and the princess party is not on there. I have called them and they have said that I hadn't booked for this. Obviously the party has been cancelled but we would have wanted to go to this party at hurricanes. She has never had the chance to meet Pocahontas or Mulan and this seems like the only way that she would have been able to do this.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

jclaydon

Went to the party at Hurricanes last week, and my advice would be to avoid it.  We were given a letter about the cancellation when we checked in, which then had to be shown at the door to the nightclub.  Inside they had a Princess meet and greet set up with Snow White / Sleeping Beauty / Belle / Cinderella alternating in pairs, and a Pirate meet and greet with Captain Hook.  Also Goofy and Donald were around.  The bar was open with selection of sandwiches and cakes also available (free of charge). Sounds ok so far?  

However they also seemed to still be treating it as a nightclub, with very loud (ie couldn't hear or talk to anyone) disco music playing accompanied by strobe lightning.  Our kids (5 and 3) would have enjoyed the meet and greet but couldn't stand the music.  Perhaps if it had been quieter or even perhaps some Disney themed music would have been more appropriate.

I appreciate they didn't have to put anything on, but basic errors ruined what could have been a decent experience.

Perhaps others with older children, would have been ok.

captain rocket

It seems incredible that Disney could make such a basic error, what sort of people do they employ that think that ANYONE who had booked for Pirates and princesses would want loud disco music at such an event, they just seem to lose the plot more as time goes by, Walt must be looking down thinking "not in my name, for gods sake"

dagobert

What people are running Disneyland Paris? Did anyone enjoy the meet and greet at Hurricanes? I can't believe they are doing such a stupid thing. Disneyland Paris definately need better employees for such things.

pfspock

I think it all comes down to the Entertainment Department being run by incompetence incarnate. I mean, come on, what have they done in the last few years?
- the stage on Central Plaza while the other stages are left deserted
- rather mediocre shows on the very same stage where you can only see anything from certain angles
- the castle decorations during Mickey's Magical Party
- that Stitch Disco Thingy
- Goofy's Summer Camp
- stupid show stops in an otherwise perfect parade
- a (more or less) repainted character train every year
- meet and greet areas, some ok, some hideous, but presented as some kind of not to be missed event
- and now this complete Princesses/Pirates party/meet and greet fiasco

i hope that everyone files a complaint with City Hall so that management finally may rethink the entertainment policy, but my fear is that loads of people are happy with everything as long as characters are involved.

dagobert

There is nothing to add.

The entertainment department has a problem to do it right. They should ask at WDW how to do a wonderful pirates and princess party. I've experienced first hand it was amazing.

I assume that no one complains about that stuff.

ulak

Video from this "party" looks VERY ugly, boring and stupid! :( Please, bring back new time for DLP with 20th Anniversary! Please!! Thank you!
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

ford prefect

We loved the hurricanes event.  We met snow white, Cinderella, jack sparrow, mickey, Minnie, Donald, goofy, hook and smee.

The food and drink was great and although the music was too loud it was great fun.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!