Photos Magiques DLP news report: 14-15 November 2010

Started by Kristof, November 16, 2010, 12:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

We spend a wet and windy weekend at Disneyland Paris.  Here's our photo report:

Disneyland Park

Storm damage

Outside Disneyland Park, the canopy over the guest relation windows was damaged during the storm that hit the resort on Friday.

Christmas Season

Hakuna Matata Restaurant Christmas decorations

Agrabah Café Restaurant Christmas Tree

Random Christmas decoration in Frontierland.

Rapunzel and Flynn meet 'n' greet on Royal Castle Stage

Pretzel wagon in Fantasyland

The pretzel wagon near Les Voyages de Pinocchio was open!

Flashmob with Stromae (Alors En Dance)

Walt Disney Studios Park

Front Lot shrubs

The shrubs in the Front Lot planters have been replaced by flowers.

Christmas at Walt Disney Studios Park

Toy Story Playland

The RC Racer photo location was still missing (for over 4 months now)

Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop was shut down because of the strong wind.

Toon Studio security booth

The worn down Toon Studio sticker has been removed completely.

This should do it!  Hope you had fun!  :mrgreen:

dagobert

Thanks for the update.
The Christmas decoration in Frontierland looks really terrible. I think the other lands, except Main Street USA don't need decorations.

norhel

Great pics as always :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

CafeFantasia

Thanks for the update.

What the hell is this? Are those white garden sheds present at the Walt Disney Studios throughout the christmas season? They look dreadful. Totally cheap and not respecting the theme of the area. Why do Disney spend so much on the look and design of attractions such of the Tower of Terror, only to plonk garden sheds from Homebase down in front of them?

dagobert

ToT was designed by WDI in Burbank while I think that the Christmas market was born by the DLP entertainment departement and we know that they somethime do terrible things to the parks.

pussinboots

And consider the conceptual depth of those decorations. It's at the Studios, so silver stars should work! End of thought process. What those shacks would be doing in such an environment appears not to have been on anyone's mind.

But at least some hint of extravagance would have been nice. Stuff the tree with ornaments and lights, put wreaths on every lamp post, do something that looks like it's worth the Disney name. This is a travesty.

SM:M3

I love these reports, thanks!

Thing is we know DLP-I can do some nice stuff, the Art-Deco Pause and Play in the village was there responsibility, I think the IASW Christmas layover was them, Belles Christmas Village is them (or perhaps Entertainment) but they also create some rubbish such as this.  :?

RiverRogue

Quote from: "SM:M3"Thing is we know DLP-I can do some nice stuff, the Art-Deco Pause and Play in the village was there responsibility, I think the IASW Christmas layover was them, Belles Christmas Village is them (or perhaps Entertainment) but they also create some rubbish such as this.  :?

Belle's Xmas Village is DLPI, Small World Celebration isn't, at least not in its recent incarnations. The WDS christmas sheds don't at all look like DLPI work to me; like Dagobert I'd guess it's Entertainment.

Apparently Entertainment was supposed to do Belle's Village originally but it fortunately ended up going to DLPI.

Anthony

Quote from: "pussinboots"What those shacks would be doing in such an environment appears not to have been on anyone's mind.
Indeed, there's just an astonishing lack of effort or imagination. It's not like it'd be hard to even fit them in as some kind of Christmas garden event in the grounds of The Hollywood Tower Hotel. I just saw these French-themed Christmas markets in Manchester which would, ironically, look much more respectable:

Source

Look, covered seating! Even the wooden plant pots are nice.

... But of course I'd still much prefer WDS took on something like the colourful 1950s Christmas we've talked about than compete with every single European town and city's generic market stalls.

ed-uk

The Christmas decorations in the Studios are modest to say the least. They seem to put all their effort into Disneyland Park. The Studios does have a small Christmas market with three stalls, but I don't see how they could have anything much bigger  because of Stars n cars and the parade route. There is not even a good focal point for a christmas tree. I agree the Christmas decorations in the studios need working on. I don't know where they could put covered seating at the moment. I'm not sure it would work in the Studios even if it does look OK in Manchester. If that is what is being suggested?
Ed & David