When does Disneyland have the most magical atmosphere?

Started by disneyismylifeok, July 17, 2013, 01:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyismylifeok

I want to be able to go sometime but I want it to be really special for my mum and sister, ultimately wanting to find out which time of year really is the best. I want this to be so special just because we never go on holiday due to money issues and it would probably be the last family holiday we ever get to do together. I don't want to go and be disappointed so please help me out guys.
I have been twice. I have been at Christmas time and in April when it was particularly quite hot, humid and sunny. The skies were clear and blue. Since my April visit, I can't help but feel the park is 100% nicer in the sun. The light of the sun hides any flaws and makes the place appear brighter and more colouful, the way Disneyland should be. It made me feel, particularly on Main Street really REALLY like I was in America which is the point right? It was lovely, making it feel more magical and convincing me to never go in the cold again. However that being said, there is something beautiful and magical about Christmas time too. The decorations are lovely and the Christmas music is too. The wet and damp does, for me, take away from it slightly but then sometimes I think "actually no, it makes it even more magical anf beautiful." It's so hard to decide and I guess there are pros and cons to all seasons. What's your opinion?

Also if you disagree and think the park is as magical and atmospheric all year round, whatever the weather, then please do say! If so, then when is your favourite time to go and why? Does weather not bother you at all? Please do go into detail  :)

BASICALLY I'M JUST ASKING OVERALL WHICH TIME OF YEAR IS THE PINACLE OF EXPERIENCE?

SwipatronSparks

Christmas is magical.... But you are going on a budget late janurary is good its the cheapest time to go but its usually freezing at that time, if you like the rides its a good time to go too (last time we went in janurary we got on crush in 10 mins in the middle of the day!) but saying that i would always say to go when the weather is better or something is happening eg. Halloween/christmas both are good times to go since the park is all dressed up, if you go during halloween season (usually the 4 weeks of october) you could get lucky and get nice weather especially if you go in early october (you know that odd couple of weeks when its not summer weather all the time and not winter all the time, and the parks might be a little quieter as the kids will have gone back after the summer but wont be finished for half term eather
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Slimy yet satisfying

Has to be in the colder darker months for us. All the lights come on early, everyone seems to have a communal sense of cosying up to keep warm when waiting for parades with bobble hats and gloves. Cuddling up with a hot chocolate and loved ones is really special particularly if you have teenagers cos' cuddling them is soooo not cool any other time! The rides in general are quieter as are the restaurants, shuttle buses and breakfasts which is a much more pleasant experience all round. There is nothing "magical" about queing in high temeratures with screaming fed up and hot kids trying to avoid wasps every where you go.

Have a lovely trip whenever you decide to go.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

grovesie

For me the best time is the spring. Not to busy(out of school holidays) or hot. but all of the flowers and gardens are in bloom. It combines both summer and winter, nice weather, the lights are on early enough and you don't have to wait until late for Dreams. But the only downside are the April showers.

As mentioned before early Jan is one of the cheapest times to go and you still get some of the Christmas buzz.

ed-uk

I used to like summer season best, July-August, even over the 14th of July when the park was very crowded. We were squeezed in on Central Plaza like sardines last year to watch Fantillusion, Disney Dreams and the special 14th of July fireworks, it was well worth it. The park is open later till 11pm, hopefully the weather would be better (although not always) and Fantillusion would be on which was a big draw for us. But now fantillusion is cut, I'm thinking Christmas time is the most magical. We're thinking of going back in September because Dreams will still be on nightly till the end of the month, or so we've read. But there doesn't seem much point in paying the higher prices for summer in the future (no stage shows in Disneyland Park) unless that is, Disney Dreams becomes just a Summer event and is limited to certain times of the year.
Ed & David

tubbsy

I would love to be able to experience Christmas, but never had the chance.
We have done June, August and October (just before Halloween)  AUgust is amazing as there are usually lots of shows etc on and Halloween was pretty spectacular too.
Mind you, we have always had to go during the busiest times too...
As for weather-we 've had -2 in October and 30' with thunder storms in August. The weather doesnt bother us at all :) Just being there is just ... :D :D :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Minne&Mickey92

HI!
We've been for almost all the seasons and i would say Christmas is just so magical ! the decorations and the parades etc, like another member said the hot chocolate breaks and snuggling together watching dreams or a parade. My first ever and only trip as a child was at xmas time and i have to day its probably one of my most treasured memories, even my dad who is a bit of a grump about theme parks fell in love with the park and said that it was one of the most magical christmas feelings he'd ever had :)
The only time i would steer away from would be january as although we loved being able to get straight onto rides , the lack of people gave parts of the night and day a little bit of an empty feel. We like the atmosphere of a buzzing park where all the stands and such that were created for it are being used rather than closed because of the low season.

However if the weather and cold at xmas is not for you i would recommend late september or the october halloween season, still buzzing with people and lots of mini shows and character greets but with a T-shirt and jeans kind of weather, and the boats and pedalo's on lake disney still running!.

hope this helps , have a fab time whenever you go !