Vinylmation??

Started by fly_with_me_dumbo, September 29, 2010, 05:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fly_with_me_dumbo

hi seen as vinylmation ahs now hit the uk.  I really dont understand what it is at all, and when i was in the parks I dont think I actually saw anybody buying it.
I was jsut wondering does anyone on here actually collect them?

Stitch2814

I dont get Vinylmation either, its kinda crap to be honest and I really dont want it to take off in the UK. I know it sounds mean for saying that for those that may collect them but guess I dont care XD

Ive seen people suggested pin-vinylmation trading which is just crazy imo. and other reason why I dont want it to get its foot in the door as I can see us getting Vinylmation pins at some point if it takes off which I really dont want as it would take away from the minimal releases we are getting now.

simonandwendy626

When we were in DLP in February they opened the little Pueblo trading post especially for a pin special day and were selling loads of LE and OE for silly money.
Also in their "sale" they had loads of the vinylmation figures and despite the discounts No-one was interested.
I asked what it was all about because I'd never seen them and thought they were naff. Not surprisingly the cast members agreed but said that its very big in some parts and people can get very het up about them.
I just don't get the appeal. I have a few for trading but there are an awful lot of scrappers about.
So as long as DS steers clear of them and the traders in the states keep trading them then there'll be less scrappers of the pins we actually want he he!
But I agree whole heartedly,
DOWN WITH VINYLMATION!!!!!!! :P

fly_with_me_dumbo

Well disney store will be getting them :/ they'er already online!
a couple of pound yeah maybe i'd buy one for novelty, stick it on my dashboard ;) and i'd only want mickey and the gang
but what £15? summit crazy like that nooooo way!

Sheep

I agree. I kinda liked the way they looked but the price stopped me from buying any.
I did buy some stickers, pins and a notebook which had the vinylmation on it.
I love the look of them but they cost way way to much!

Stitch2814

that why it wont take off here they are over charging (least it can go down the drain on its own then XD) where as in the states I dont think they are that much for 1.

littlemermaid83

I bought the small Jack and Sally Vinylmation figures and the notebook, badges and stickers as I think its really cute but no way would i spend 75 euros for the larger figures.  I think as much as I love pins I love the Vinylmation stuff a wee bit more.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

penfold12

I never understood them, infact hated them.... Then we spent 3 weeks in WDW at the begining of October.... The kids got the bug, and the marketing was great. We ended up buying a few of the Muppets range along with NBC range. As sad as it sounds, the idea of not knowing what you get until you open it, and then the option of trading with cast members etc was fun while on holiday. Ay $9.95 we thought they were over priced but fun while on holiday as a keepsake to take home. But £15?!! that just a way too much. Great fun while away, but thats about it for us

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

I bought one from the new Milton Keynes Disney Store (amazing shop - best one I've been in outside DLP and better than most of those) to see what they were all about. They are £8 not £15, not that that makes them a worthwhile investment! There is something very charming about them I have to admit!
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

simonandwendy626

Aloha

We were at the Devon pin meet and only one of the traders had vinylmation. His wife wasn't that impressed with them but he loves them. Had loads of them to trade but none of the other traders were interested.
One of the traders had one figure which he'd bought I think because it was on offer :?:

I still hate them.

Wendy and Simon

JackandSallyFan

We collected all of the 3" NBC characters at Disneyland Paris when we were there - have now seen them on Disneystore although they are not available yet!! My daughter absolutely loves NBC and almost begged for them!!!

Does anyone know when the Toy Story vinylmation figures will be available in the UK? At the minute the only place I have found them is on ebay. UK sellers are trying to sell for about £20.00 each plus delivery but buying from US works out quite expensive with delivery charges!!

butterbear

i really don't like vinylmation at all,it has no disney magic to it.

fly_with_me_dumbo

do they trade vinylmation in DLRP ?

petals

I collect Vinylmation. I think they're a bit like pins once you start they become addictive because at first I did think they were a stupid idea and then I got one and a year and a half later I've 39 of the little buggers!