Live Coverage Of Disney Parks Special Announcement

Started by dagobert, September 23, 2010, 10:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ouncement/

"Have you heard? We're unveiling some exciting plans for Disney Parks in New York City in less than 24 hours. And you bet we'll be announcing some good stuff that you'll want to know about. So, on Thursday we're offering live coverage of the event here on The Disney Parks Blog. You'll be able to watch and interact in real time as we raise the curtain on what's coming. We don't want to give away any of the surprises but expect to see a few faces you'll instantly recognize along with Disney characters and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Tom Staggs.

The live stream begins on September 23 at 12:45 p.m. EST. We'll also be providing updates on our @DisneyParks Twitter account and Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Facebook pages. See you back here tomorrow afternoon."

I wonder what it will be? Any suggestions?

I'm sure it will just be about the American Disney Parks or about the Cruise Line and nothing about DLRP.

davewasbaloo

Could be an announcement about Shanghai?
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Could be an announcement about Shanghai?

That could be the reason. I wonder if there will ever be some big news about DLRP?
If it is about Shanghai, hopefully we will get to see some plans and concept arts.

davewasbaloo

Well my sources tell me that when the new financial year kicks in on OCt 4th, a whole huge team payroll will be designated to the Shanghai project. DLP may have an announcement re Star Tours 2, and they may announce Rat or even the rumoured DVC in Barcelona, though it may just be stuff about the new Disney Dream Cruiseship. We will have to wait and see. I stopped getting excited about this stuff years ago as I haven't seen an exciting announcement for years (maybe 66% of the Hong Kong expansion).

Anthony

Survey results! A new advertising campaign!

Did I miss something, is there more to come? Why did they hype this?

CafeFantasia

I have no idea why they hyped it. What a disappointment. So basically they're going to project photos/videos of guests onto Cinderella's Castle. I guess that SHOULD sound exciting, but somehow it doesn't. I mean, it's not like you're going to recognise anyone in the projections on the day you're there. And even if you did, so what?

It's funny how the Disney Parks brand, which they created to encapsulate all of the Disney parks, is basically used to talk about JUST Disneyland and Walt Disney World. They never talk about Disneyland Paris at these Disney Parks events.

dagobert

Quote from: "Alan"It's funny how the Disney Parks brand, which they created to encapsulate all of the Disney parks, is basically used to talk about JUST Disneyland and Walt Disney World. They never talk about Disneyland Paris at these Disney Parks events.

Disneyland PAris was only once mentiones in the official blog when TSPL opened. Mr. Gas did the article.

What a stupid announcement!!!

Alpop

We had planned on a special podcast episode to dissect the announcements, but when we watched it all it was like, was that it!
Nothing new was announced bar  "Let the Memories Begin" and that was only for the 2 USA resorts. The event was strung out and included Tom Staggs telling everyone about all the announcements that have already been said months ago. V poor and what a waste of time.

davewasbaloo

Yep, seems like I will no longer bother to try and watch things live and will just wait until they are reported. When it comes to hype, have DIsney not learnt anything from the Boy that Cried Wolf? Yawn.

dagobert

Quote from: "Alan"It's funny how the Disney Parks brand, which they created to encapsulate all of the Disney parks, is basically used to talk about JUST Disneyland and Walt Disney World. They never talk about Disneyland Paris at these Disney Parks events.

I wonder if Disney is so proud about the international parks. Tokyo isn't owned by Disney and Paris and Hong Kong doesn't make any money. Disney just has a minority stake in Paris and Hong Kong, so maybe that also a reason why they don't talk about the international parks.

Maybe it would be better to sell Paris and Hong Kong and just collect licensing fees, like they do with TDR. Maybe that would hepl DLP to become the resort it deserves to be. Or TWDC tries to get more than 50% of the resorts, to have full control.

It's off topic, but Disney is investing a lot of money in Hong Kong. Is it true that TWDC will get more shares of HKDL? I think I read somewhere that TWDC will get 5% more of the shares.