Special offers, not so special?

Started by Martyn, November 10, 2010, 05:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyn

DLP really need to think out their special offers before printing their brochures.

We wanted to upgrade our room in the Sequoia Lodge to a Montana room (I forgot when booking it!oops). We booked our trip using the 2 days and 2 nights free, which saved us some reddies as we always go for 6 days anyway.

But the charge for upgrading the room would be £200.....because apparently we cant upgrade to them rooms using the special offer, so for our 2 free nights we'd have to pay for a room to get the upgrade (if that makes sense).

This struck me as odd as we've always used the free nights offer, and always been able to upgrade at the normal cost (alright, they've never done 2 nights free before, but still)

And in the brochure, the terms and conditions for the 2 free nights, it says "This offer is valid for ALL room types, except Empire State rooms at the Hotel New York, and Castle Club rooms at Disneyland Hotel, and suites".

So despite the T&C's stating the offer is valid on Montana rooms, DLP are telling me on the phone that it isn't?

--

Is there anything I can do?

ulak

This offer (2 nights and 2 days free) is only for UK? Thank you!
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Martyn

Dunno, its in our brochure. Look on their site, that should explain it?

ulak

Thank you! You are from UK? You book it by the net or phone? Which dates are for this offer? Thanks!

figaro

i tried to upgrade my hotel recently as we booked the santa fe with the 2nights offer and we realised we had more money than we thought so wanted to upgrade but we wernt allowed as the offer has ended if you wanted to upgrade you have to cancel your booking and rebook using the new offer :/ pretty stupid as you think they would be happy about you wanting to spend more money! x
disney fund 25/08/10 - 4nights/5days at santa fe 16th November 2010 PAID
disney spends - £0 (lol)

Martyn

Yeah I've just realised, I think the problem is the '2 nights free' offer was if you booked your holiday before 30th September (which we did), so I guess that now that date has passed, you cant make any adjustments to the booking...?

ulak

It is (2 nights and days free) only for UK, please?? Can i book UK deal from another country?

figaro

Quote from: "Martyn"Yeah I've just realised, I think the problem is the '2 nights free' offer was if you booked your holiday before 30th September (which we did), so I guess that now that date has passed, you cant make any adjustments to the booking...?

yeah i think thats it exactly, the thing is though if i did cancel and rebook it would actually be cheaper than what i paid! when i called up they said they only had a certain amount of rooms for each offer in each hotel so you cant upgrade if the rooms in the other hotel have all gone for that offer, it didnt really make a whole lot of sense to me! x
disney fund 25/08/10 - 4nights/5days at santa fe 16th November 2010 PAID
disney spends - £0 (lol)

never2old

Quote from: "ulak"It is (2 nights and days free) only for UK, please?? Can i book UK deal from another country?

Yes, I couldn't get that from Luxembourg. They often have different offers depending from which country you're booking!

Martyn

And it ended on 30th Sept anyway.