Refurbs needed at the Resort area

Started by Riebi, July 24, 2010, 02:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

Hi!

To get all refurbs that are needed in the resort area (not at the parks!!!) I think it´s time again that we should make a list.

So I start with:

Lake Disney Area:
- The Lighthouse of NPBC
- The roof of NPBC (roof, new flags and weather vanes)
- The pillows around the lake need a new skin or we need totally new pillows around the lake (iron/rust problems)
- Floor / pathes / curbs need refurb (esp. at NPBC)
- Floor lights are damaged
- The little elephants at lake disney, next to HNY

BVDs Area
- the entrance from A4 to the resort isn´t that stunning anymore. We need again the flowers, parks and nice landscaping from tens years ago

What other things need refurb?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

pussinboots

Besides the obvious refurbishments, the whole area could probably benefit from some rethinking. Right now, most of the resort infrastructure is a 1992 leftover that has seen minor refurbishments and adjustments over the years, but overall things have deteriorated.

The security tents, for example, have been there for almost ten years now and aren't going anywhere. They've changed the geography of the entrances and exits, although they still accomplish this with temporary barricades. Isn't it time to build them a permanent structure? Then there's the parking lot facilities and shabby moving walkways with their thousands of yards of light bulbs that they clearly have no intention of ever changing... And that dated arch at the entrance that just says "Disneyland" that has somehow survived through 1,353 logo and name changes. And while they are deserving of a thread of their own, the hotels themselves aren't any less stuck in the past. (I mean, the era of air conditioning and flat screen TVs hasn't yet begun here...)

The nostalgic in me says "keep everything the way it was," but it's probably time for a few fresh ideas.

smurfy74

they were fixing and tidying up the moving walkways in june when we were there :-)