The Making of... - Videos

Started by JelleP, August 09, 2010, 03:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JelleP

Since Disneyland Paris has it's own YouTube account, they have uploaded videos with very different goals. Some videos just show how beautiful the resort is and other videos show us what's going on at the resort. But another series of videos take us behind the scenes and show us "the making of" different rides at Disneyland Paris. Here are the first two. When DLP uploads more "making of" videos, I'll post them down here! :D

[youtube:18b41dri]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqSfk0ycjyI[/youtube:18b41dri]
[youtube:18b41dri]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzE7agdX9jg[/youtube:18b41dri]
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

CafeFantasia

Nice to see Thierry Coup there in the Armageddon video. From Creative DIrector one of the worst attractions in the World, to one of the best: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey :-)

Maarten

Quote from: "Alan"Nice to see Thierry Coup there in the Armageddon video. From Creative DIrector one of the worst attractions in the World, to one of the best: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey :-)

In my humble opinion Armageddon isn't that bad really. Sure, the preshow is its weakest point and it needs retooling. And even though everyone knows you are supposed to be on a filmset, just for 2 minutes I feel immerged in the surroundings and feel like I am in a spacestation. It makes me relive the film more then any Toy Story Playland or Cars Race Rally attraction probably ever would. Ofcourse its no e-ticket (not every attraction or show has to be ofcourse) and its not my main draw to the Studios, but I always enjoy it for what it is: a nice small special effects show. And I like the Armageddon score in the queue area very much by the way...

Its really great to see these "making of" videos, so thank you for the link! Except for a press photo of Roy E. Disney at the Moteurs... Action! arena during its construction, I never knew that he was that "interested" in the construction of the park. I even remember a story that Roy E. Disney prefered to stay at the Disneyland Hotel during the Grand Opening night of the Studios, since he didn't like the park at all... but who knows. :)

JelleP

Quote from: "Maarten"In my humble opinion Armageddon isn't that bad really. Sure, the preshow is its weakest point and it needs retooling. And even though everyone knows you are supposed to be on a filmset, just for 2 minutes I feel immerged in the surroundings and feel like I am in a spacestation. It makes me relive the film more then any Toy Story Playland or Cars Race Rally attraction probably ever would. Ofcourse its no e-ticket (not every attraction or show has to be ofcourse) and its not my main draw to the Studios, but I always enjoy it for what it is: a nice small special effects show. And I like the Armageddon score in the queue area very much by the way...
I totally agree with you, Maarten. I personally really like Armageddon, but the preshow is crying for an updates version... :roll:
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

-breeno-

I agree that Armageddon isn't the worst attraction in the history of theme parks, sure it's probably the weakest in DLP but it's still enjoyable.  Like said the main problem is that pre-show, ideally what should be done is your briefed on what the set is about and what you have to do - like what a real actor would go through before doing a scene.  Do we really need 15 minutes of talking about special effects? (saying that Michael Clarke Duncan is one of my favourite actors so it's a love hate thing for me :P )

Anyone about the videos they're great!  I think I recall seeing them before but it was nice seeing them again.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

alaina82

Im enjoying watching the videos from the DLP channel, however the majority of them are in French!! Obviously i expect them to be seeing as its based in France but i wish they would put English subtitles on them so i can understand whats going on. Most of them ive turned off halfway through cos my French isnt good enough to translate :(

JelleP

Quote from: "alaina82"Im enjoying watching the videos from the DLP channel, however the majority of them are in French!! Obviously i expect them to be seeing as its based in France but i wish they would put English subtitles on them so i can understand whats going on. Most of them ive turned off halfway through cos my French isnt good enough to translate :(
Mostly it's English, so they're worth watching till the end ;)

-breeno-

Quote from: "alaina82"Im enjoying watching the videos from the DLP channel, however the majority of them are in French!! Obviously i expect them to be seeing as its based in France but i wish they would put English subtitles on them so i can understand whats going on. Most of them ive turned off halfway through cos my French isnt good enough to translate :(
From what I know (aka guessing) the French part of the videos are just saying exactly what was said in English, similar to what you would see in Cinimagique for example with a french and english speaker at the start.  Don't worry, I'm sure they aren't hiding anything from us :P ;)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!