Maleficent gone from OUADP

Started by DopeyDad, June 19, 2010, 04:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DopeyDad

Not sure how interesting this is but seeing as the Billboard news, refurbs and everthing else I noticed when at the parks this week is already old news perhaps this is still new.
During Mondays parade Maleficent fell from her float, just opposite Bella Nottes. All I saw was a flurry of her costume as she went down and then a flurry of staff trying to sort everything out. the actress looked ok and walked away from the float back to the parade entrance. All the other actors were extremely professional and carried on with their routines while the rear part of the parade was stationary for perhaps 5 minutes. The crowd gave a good natured cheer also when they were able to continue again.
There was a metal stand where she stood that looked like it may have broken, causing her fall. Certainly up until yesterday Maleficent had not returned and the metal stand had been removed entirely from the float.
Can't figure how to upload my picture of the float sans Maleficent but it doesn't show you much I'm afraid as I wasn't quick enough to catch either the fall or the broken pole.

norhel

Quote from: "DopeyDad"Not sure how interesting this is but seeing as the Billboard news, refurbs and everthing else I noticed when at the parks this week is already old news perhaps this is still new.
During Mondays parade Maleficent fell from her float, just opposite Bella Nottes. All I saw was a flurry of her costume as she went down and then a flurry of staff trying to sort everything out. the actress looked ok and walked away from the float back to the parade entrance. All the other actors were extremely professional and carried on with their routines while the rear part of the parade was stationary for perhaps 5 minutes. The crowd gave a good natured cheer also when they were able to continue again.
There was a metal stand where she stood that looked like it may have broken, causing her fall. Certainly up until yesterday Maleficent had not returned and the metal stand had been removed entirely from the float.
Can't figure how to upload my picture of the float sans Maleficent but it doesn't show you much I'm afraid as I wasn't quick enough to catch either the fall or the broken pole.

This topic is already being discussed at //http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=575&p=164539&hilit=Maleficent#p164473
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

DopeyDad

:lol: dang dammit just not quick enough.