Advertising/Commercials/Marketing for DLP!

Started by montaguewarner, May 16, 2010, 04:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

montaguewarner

I can't get away from New Gen Festival Adverts here in the UK (Not that I want them to go away  ;) )
Whats the deal with these Adverts, I remember the 15th Anniversary being all over TV but only for a short while! These NGF have been going on for months, Where is this money coming from? Also Does Anyone know what the biggest Advertising campaign in the history of the resort was? Opening? SM? WDS Opening?
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

tubbsy

Have you noticed their pushing the 40% again too?-til sometime in July
Rides are advertised as opening late summer-fingers crossed for when we're there.
I cant really remember such advertising on main tv. Mainkly on DVds/videos -The SM one especially, was it at the beginning of the Lion King video?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

montaguewarner

Quote from: "tubbsy"Have you noticed their pushing the 40% again too?-til sometime in July
Rides are advertised as opening late summer-fingers crossed for when we're there.
I cant really remember such advertising on main tv. Mainkly on DVds/videos -The SM one especially, was it at the beginning of the Lion King video?

Yah I have that on the Lion King VHS, I was more thinking of on TV really!
I don't know if Disney thought in the early days they would need TV, after all I'm sure Eisner thought that once everyone bought Disney Videos (and didnt fast forward the adverts) they would see EuroDisney commercials and book immediately!  ;)
Past Visits

tubbsy

Thats the thing tho' I seriously cant think I have seen as much advertising as I have seen on UK telly this last couple of weeks.
Fast forward the adverts? Never! :lol: I guess it was cheaper too. @scuse my naiivity- I know its not as simple as its Disney so we can advertise on the viseo, but it cant have cost them as much as putting it out on so many tv channels every couple of hours.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

montaguewarner

Quote from: "tubbsy"Thats the thing tho' I seriously cant think I have seen as much advertising as I have seen on UK telly this last couple of weeks.
Fast forward the adverts? Never! :lol: I guess it was cheaper too. @scuse my naiivity- I know its not as simple as its Disney so we can advertise on the viseo, but it cant have cost them as much as putting it out on so many tv channels every couple of hours.

THats what I mean, as i said, these NGF Ad's are EVERYWHERE! All along the high street, in Sunday Newspapers, all over the TV on the prime time shows which must cost an awful lot too!
Past Visits

tubbsy

Oh look there it is again! Anyone know what the advertising budget is for NGF. Prime time is more expensive isnt it?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

montaguewarner

Quote from: "tubbsy"Oh look there it is again! Anyone know what the advertising budget is for NGF. Prime time is more expensive isnt it?

Absolutely! A 30 second commercial in the X Factor final for example is £150,000 I read in A Sunday Times Article this last season! Perhaps a regular Saturday night Britain's Got Talent would be a third of that! But Still, There are A LOT of these Ad's all over the place!
Past Visits

Leapincat64

With all this money that they are spending, it would be nice to see if the visitor numbers go up as a result. :)

montaguewarner

Quote from: "Leapincat64"With all this money that they are spending, it would be nice to see if the visitor numbers go up as a result. :)

Although as hard-core fans its different, but personally even though of course  I went during MMP! I cannot see any attraction whatsoever for that particular themed year, Also the MMP ad's were pretty tacky! However NGF has even non Disney-loving friends talking, for both that it looks like fun and then Ad's are on EVERYWHERE!

I love how EuroDisney SCA went to Team Disney Anaheim to make the ads for NGF! You can really see the quality they look great, Well Done DLP This year, I have a feeling now the recessions are over over Europe, although the effects are still ongoing, NGF will claw back lost ground from MMP since 15th Anniversary!  :thumbs:
Past Visits