What is this parking/camping ground for?

Started by arno-hh, March 08, 2010, 12:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arno-hh

Hallo, yesterday I used Google Maps/Stree View to have a walk around Disneyland Paris. I've spotted a Parkinglot/Camping ground on the opposite of the Castmember parking lot. It's in Boulevard de Pré Verson.
I noticed that there is a big hedgerow around it and the following sign:

My french is very bad, so I can't realy understand what the sign exactly mean...

Does somebody know who is allowed to camp there? Most of the vehicles are camper...

Thank you for your answers :-)
Arno

Festival Disney

Hey, I just used google translate and it came up with:
"San Val d'Europe
Parking area for travelers to the town of Chessy
10 sites
Welcome"

So imagine it's like a travellers/gypsy camping site for Chessy.

After a quick google, I cam up with this document:
http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... l=fr&tl=en

so it's like a campsite run by the Seine et Marne government for Travellers who want to live in the area.
Hope this helps
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Anthony

Never spotted that before, interesting.

The resort has had problems with travellers in the past, specifically setting up home on areas like the old Disney Village parking lot, in the fields opposite Newport Bay Club, near the Val de France hotels, etc. Looks like they set this up to provide a designated area to stay, which explains why we've seen very little of that activity lately...

arno-hh

Quote from: "Anthony"Never spotted that before, interesting.

The resort has had problems with travellers in the past, specifically setting up home on areas like the old Disney Village parking lot, in the fields opposite Newport Bay Club, near the Val de France hotels, etc. Looks like they set this up to provide a designated area to stay, which explains why we've seen very little of that activity lately...

Yes, on one of my stays some years ago there where MANY gypsys on the opposite of New Port Bay Club!
But who exactly is allowed to stay there? Maybe it's really for gypsys to "protect" (at least the view) of the paying guests...

Kristof

I believe each commune in France needs to have such a camping ground by law.  It opened a few years back...

When we arrive and return home by car, we have to pass it.  Most of the time it's empty.  :)