Princess Tiana meet 'n' greet

Started by littlemermaid83, September 30, 2009, 10:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Thanks for the info!

So thinking about Paris, it would require the boat to reverse into the maintenance dock right at the back next to Chaparral Theatre, which would also require the Molly Brown to be out and running. Either that or they'd have to unload by boat somewhere.

Expensive and complicated. I hope the two of them get a good feature in the "showtime spectacular" (lower case).

ightenhill

Quote from: "Anthony"Thanks for the info!

So thinking about Paris, it would require the boat to reverse into the maintenance dock right at the back next to Chaparral Theatre, which would also require the Molly Brown to be out and running. Either that or they'd have to unload by boat somewhere.

Expensive and complicated. I hope the two of them get a good feature in the "showtime spectacular" (lower case).

Not really you would just have to have the capability of having a different viewing area around the lake for the public, unfortunately Paris doesnt really have an area developed like this.. Its easy to do in Anaheim as the main loading dock and the main viewing area for both fantasmic and that show are almost opposite each other on the lake..
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Kristof

QuoteNo! There's people dancing and singing live on the Mark Twain! With a live band!

WDW version had no live singing or speaking...

davewasbaloo

And this is why DIsneyland will always be the very best of the parks.
since 2001 (many before that)

Willow

I believe in WDW the performers do a little parade to the boat loading dock.
Then they get on the boat and do the shown, then the boat does a full circle before parking up at the normal dock.
Then the little parade thing goes in reverse.

If it came to Paris I should imagine the performers could come from the castle or Phantom Manor.

Anthony

Post from an Orlando blog:

QuoteIn the meantime, a cast member told me this weekend she had heard that the show was going to Disneyland Paris, and Disney World's costumes would be sent over.

But another cast member told me she had heard that most of the current cast were young adults on Disney's College Program who were returning to school, and rumor had it when they trained new performers, the show would be brought back.
http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2010/01/ ... ris-bound/

Anyone know if there's any truth to either of those? It would be wonderful if Paris reconsidered and brought it in as a Summer event, on the boat or not. After all, the HSM cast are looking for work...

littlemermaid83

Is Tiana going to be in the parks after the NGF?  Or will she be leaving because DLP can't afford to keep her costume any longer  :lol:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

davewasbaloo

Nothing is guaranteed. I mean, when was the last time you saw the characters from Treasure Planet, the Ice Queen of Narnia, the princess from Enchanted etc.? I suspect Tiana could end up like them. Or maybe we will get lucky and she will stick around like Mulan did to add diversity to the princesses.
since 2001 (many before that)

littlemermaid83

If there is a Tiana happening, i'm assuming the meet and greet after will be the usual character scrum  :roll:

I was hoping she was going to do her meet and greet with a band playing live next to her.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Anthony

I've split and combined some posts to form this official topic for all things Princess Tiana.

To get us up to date, here's the press release snippet:

QuoteTiana, new star of Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

After a long and perilous trip from New Orleans, crossing the Bayou with its many encounters and emotions, Princess Tiana saw her dreams come true in a way she had never imagined. Now, starting 2 April 2010, she will begin a new adventure side by side with Prince Naveen in Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade. They join Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and their Princes on the "Dreams of Romance" float, an enchanting moment when visitors' favorite Disney classics come to life.

And that's not all: Princess Tiana and her Prince Naveen will meet 'n' greet guests and pose for photographs at Town Square Gazebo, with lively music by the Dixieland Band inspired by the music from the film.*

* During certain periods throughout the year.

littlemermaid83

Ok im assuming that the dixieland band will only play during certain periods or is that the meet and greet will only happen during certain periods?

Anthony

I'm not sure, depends how much of a "happening" it really is - whether it'll just be a meet 'n' greet with a band or if there's some show element like Mary Poppins.

In any case, surely Princess Tiana will be available to meet all year given how heavily she's being promoted?

HildeKitten

I must say that they're really promoting the movie very heavily.  The shops are full of merchandising, it's been a long long time since I saw so much merchandise of a movie in DLP I must say.

So I do think that there will be Tiana meet and greets at some point.  Hopefully before the summer even.  I bet she'll just appear like the other princesses, possibly together with Naveen, which would be lovely.

Personally I was really hoping they'd do Louis and Dr Facillier meet and greets but that doesn't seem like it'll happen :(

theverynk

Tiana and Naveen made a surprise appearance at the Disneyland Hotel today in a soft opening / testing of their characters at Disneyland Paris!
I personally do not have pictures that I can post, but my friend does. If I can get access to them I shall post them!

Does anyone else have pictures? Anyone else there today?
Dan \":peter:\"

Visit our fantastic Disney Character website!
http://www.charactercentral.net

luke85

:D Can't wait to see some pics!