Princess Tiana meet 'n' greet

Started by littlemermaid83, September 30, 2009, 10:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

Part of the Disney New Generation Festival from 2nd April 2010

Straight out of Disney's The Princess and the Frog, Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen will join the 'Dreams of Romance' finale float in Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade and meet guests during a special musical animation on Town Square.

QuoteTiana, new star of Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

After a long and perilous trip from New Orleans, crossing the Bayou with its many encounters and emotions, Princess Tiana saw her dreams come true in a way she had never imagined. Now, starting 2 April 2010, she will begin a new adventure side by side with Prince Naveen in Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade. They join Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and their Princes on the "Dreams of Romance" float, an enchanting moment when visitors' favorite Disney classics come to life.

And that's not all: Princess Tiana and her Prince Naveen will meet 'n' greet guests and pose for photographs at Town Square Gazebo, with lively music by the Dixieland Band inspired by the music from the film.*

* During certain periods throughout the year.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Original post by littlemermaid83:

I'm still confused how is Princess Tiana going to fit in the Parade, will she have a mini float of will they squeeze her in on the final float instead?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I'm still confused how is Princess Tiana going to fit in the Parade, will she have a mini float of will they squeeze her in on the final float instead?

She'll squeeze onto the final float :wink:

Willow

I wonder if we will get a new mix of music for the final float to include Princess Tiana then.

Thats a lot of Princesses on one float.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I'm still confused how is Princess Tiana going to fit in the Parade, will she have a mini float of will they squeeze her in on the final float instead?

Is there even any room for her on the last float?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"

Is there even any room for her on the last float?

Time will tell! :wink:

Anthony

So you know what was cut from the New Generation Festival? This...

[youtube:ib2acyma]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFYrpZM6Q-M[/youtube:ib2acyma]
[youtube:ib2acyma]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uppxJclciwc[/youtube:ib2acyma]
Yeah, it looks expensive, so I can see why it went, but I'd happily see the generic Central Plaza show and any possible show at The Chaparral Theater (particularly Goofy's Summer Camp) cancelled in favour of this, wouldn't you?

Aveen2008

It would have definately brought the molly brown or the mark twain to life if it was in fronterland hehe!

It's a pity really, I would rather they put the money into the right things although I guess they feel they are... :roll:
Luv Aveen xoxo

ightenhill

Tiana actually gets a mention in the 12th Nov reports.. She will be coming next year (but only to join the parades as a character)
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

pussinboots

I wish Alan Menken had done the music to this film. I just can't imagine this elevator music ever having the same "you only have to hear the first three notes" effect on people. Although these things have to grow on you, I suppose. But anyway, yes, I would trade the current entertainment roster for this... Though probably not the Tarzan Encounter.

Anthony

Not a Randy Newman fan?

[youtube:17mrmanh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7DzPHqPDpI[/youtube:17mrmanh]
I rather like the "Going down the Bayou" song but not so sure on the others, particularly "Down in New Orleans" that was in the first trailer. Too much rambling.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Anthony"Not a Randy Newman fan?

I rather like the "Going down the Bayou" song but not so sure on the others, particularly "Down in New Orleans" that was in the first trailer. Too much rambling.

Is there a Family Guy clip for every situation?

"Rambling" is the word. It's all so talky and placid, like every song of his was designed for a mediocre singer, like he's expecting Danny DeVito to do the vocals and he's heard he can only sing three different notes. It works perfectly for a Pixar buddy film, but it doesn't work for the sort of animated Disney feature that has an "I want song" in it somewhere, the kind of sweepy-swoopy don't-believe-me-ask-the-dishes thing that secretly aspires to be adapted as a Broadway show. (I think. It isn't out yet.)

Wouldn't you be just a trifle bored standing in that audience? Oh God, I think I'm about to say something nice about Phil Collins.  :shock:

Anthony

Quote from: "pussinboots"Is there a Family Guy clip for every situation?
Apparently so. There must have been about 10,000 cutaway gags by now.

Quote from: "pussinboots"Wouldn't you be just a trifle bored standing in that audience?
No! There's people dancing and singing live on the Mark Twain! With a live band!

I do wonder about the logistics of the show though. How do they commandeer the boat and keep all those props ready? Where do they all go when the riverboat rounds the bend? It's understandable that Paris just threw it out on that basis immediately.

MagicKenny

Tiana and Prince Naveen showed up this weekend somewhere in the castle!

Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

littlemermaid83

She was at DLP this weekend?

ightenhill

Quote from: "Anthony"I do wonder about the logistics of the show though. How do they commandeer the boat and keep all those props ready? .. Where do they all go when the riverboat rounds the bend? It's understandable that Paris just threw it out on that basis immediately.

It just goes into the freight dock near big thunder and loads unloads the performers same as when its used for Fantasmic and loaded unloaded there along with the Tea Clipper.. Theres also a small area near here, just by BTM thats a small prop holding area and costume changing room ..
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]