Disneyland Paris.com Website Updates

Started by Willow, February 08, 2010, 07:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

As posted on the DLRP Magic and Photos Magiques Twitters, Disneyland Paris has (finally) launched a new website.

http://us.disneylandparis.com/index.xhtml

However, it is not fully rolled-out yet so can only be accessed from the above link.

I've been crying out for a new website for years, the old website was poorly layed out and was too reliant on Flash.
The only negative I have found so far is the top-menu, I don't think the text is as clear as it should be.

charlied

I'm so glad they've finally done this. Maybe someone over at DLP realised that DLRP Magic is a much better website and taking all their traffic  :P  It says 'us' at the beginning of the url though- does this mean it's just the site for American visitors?

Now all I wish is that they could change the UK Walt Disney World Site as well, it's horrible!!

RnRCj

Much better than the old one. The only annoying thing is the lack of capital letters. Makes it look less professional.

Anthony

The last time the website relaunched it began with the international/US version. A blue bird tells me there are new pages coming as well, not just a new menu, which is a relief. Especially since taking off the old top menu has taken away the "mute" button for the millions of Flash animations. Argh!

It's a shame that (so far) they're keeping the same page structure with all those crazy sub-domains and too many menu categories. I really like the WDW site's header which just has Discover | Plan | Book ...and a search box! Please tell they've have a search function! It looks more like a redressing than a rebuild at the moment, but fingers crossed.

Quote from: "charlied"Now all I wish is that they could change the UK Walt Disney World Site as well, it's horrible!!
Oh yeah, all criticism for DLP's site disappears when you visit that. I can't believe that's what they use for UK visitors. It genuinely looks like they gave up about 5 years ago.

dagobert

Is there really such a difference between the new one and the old one. If you click on the button "disney parks" or "hotels" you come to the pages that look like the ones in the old homepage. So they have just changed the mainpage.

And yes it is annoying that they are not using capital letters.

pussinboots

I agree with Anthony that the Walt Disney World website is much more pleasant to navigate. It also feels far slicker and far more coherent than Disneyland Paris' website has ever been — which has always looked a bit like a website for a local theme park with more information.

Although it's pleasantly odd to see the old navy logo again. Hard to believe they've resisted temptation and didn't add anything to it this time. Well, except that picture of those balloons.

Does anyone remember when the Disney World website was all purple and had a little song playing in the background? In about 2000? No? No one that old?

The Butlin Boy

It's starting to look a lot better now (although Ant's site still puts it to shame! :wink: ), but it's still go ta long way to go yet. Obviously, they haven't updated all the pages, and hopefully the whole site will look a lot better when it's fully done. But I do wonder why this new and improved home page still say Disneyland RESORT Paris at the top of the browser page (the bar with the minimise and close buttons at the top of every web browser - does that bar have a name?!?). It's also a puzzle why they still have the pointless 'Coming to a screen near you' page, advertising the exciting new upcoming Disney film releases; Narnia: Prince Caspian and Wall-E :roll:

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"But I do wonder why this new and improved home page still say Disneyland RESORT Paris at the top of the browser page (the bar with the minimise and close buttons at the top of every web browser - does that bar have a name?!?).
That's just called the page title I guess, it's whatever goes between <title></title> in the header. And yeah, where WDW has simply "Walt Disney World Resort", DLP has "Disneyland Resort® Paris, enter the magic of Disneyland® Paris in France". The DLP website in general doesn't seem to have enough people working on it.

Quote from: "pussinboots"Although it's pleasantly odd to see the old navy logo again. Hard to believe they've resisted temptation and didn't add anything to it this time. Well, except that picture of those balloons.
I'm glad they're not going with the two-colour logo like on the Casting website, since that has been used a lot as the "official" version. Although the one here looks like it's been saved as the lowest quality JPG possible. It all needs to be able to breathe a bit, like this? (yes, I'm wasting time)

Quote from: "pussinboots"Does anyone remember when the Disney World website was all purple and had a little song playing in the background? In about 2000? No? No one that old?
Not Disney World, but I do remember this: http://web.archive.org/web/200003021620 ... paris.com/

Anthony

Now showing for the UK: http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/index.xhtml

Luckily all the old Flash animations appear to have had their sound cut.

Anthony

How long have the DLP and WDS pages been broken?

This forced music is driving me mad each time I try and check some planning info.

Riebi

sorry but I don´t see the big diffrence. It´s nearly the same. And just because they decided to give the menu a white background isn´t really a "new website". maybe they should ask someone who knows how to make a good combination with information, usability and structur + design. Seems to be a hard thing for ED...simply don´t know why :(
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Martyn

Quote from: "RnRCj"Much better than the old one. The only annoying thing is the lack of capital letters. Makes it look less professional.

Yeah that really annoys me too, but its not finished yet, so lets give them a chance!

JelleP

Well, I hope they finish the new website before the NGF starts...
You get linked to the new website at the official Disney Parks-website: //http://home.disney.go.com/parks/

And people, the DLP website looks wonderful when you compare it to the Tokyo Disney Resort website (//http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Owain

Hong Kong Disneyland may not be the best disneyland park in the world, but certainly in my opinion they have the best website;

//http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/hkdl/en_US/home/home?name=HomePage

pussinboots

Well, it's not bad, but it's a little too Flash-dependent, I think. But it beats Disneyland's, which is completely stuck in 2002.