UK Pin Trading Night?

Started by Stitch2814, November 13, 2009, 02:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stitch2814

Hi I was thinking with all the talks of people going out of there way (me included) to get pin meets up and running up and down the country, I thought if we could get say the one in london, one in manchester and say one in Scotland (basically bottom, middle and top of the UK) up and runnin and make it an annual thing then maybe we could get disney to use them pin meets to give us a pin trading night pins or special pins etc as it would be a nice incentive to get us all together in one place.

Im pretty sure it wouldnt be a hard thing for Disney to do since trhey do a pin trading night once a month (I could be wrong, forgot what lindsay said :P) and if we had our pin meets (if successful enough) once every 4 months then I say it could easily be done..

I know Im new etc etc but Ive got into this in a big way which I am surprised at as usually I drift off new hobbies but this has stuck. But I just want US the UK traders to have a few benefits from collecting the pins as not everyone goes to get the pin trading night pins, not everyone can afford one off ebay etc etc..

Am I the only one who would really want this to happen?? Im kinda working on a mock up poster for our (never gonna happen) pin trading night event as Im kinda not tired :)

Let me know what you guys think on this?

Masamune

:D I think it would be awesome, but unless it was organised by Disney themselves, I don't think it would take off.

Aveen2008

I think Disney only really allows their main pin trading events to happen at the resorts and I think they will keeo it that way probably but i do like the idea! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

simonandwendy626

Well we would be very interested in any event that anyone could arrange, But we would agree it is unlikely that Disney would support (that is until they relise that there are enough of us to make it worth them spending any money)

I beleive there must be at least couple of hundred serious pin traders in the UK. Having been to several pin events in paris I cant speak highly enough of how much fun it would be for us to get together.

Simonandwendy626

Dorsetcandy

Hi All
I know there will definately be a pin trading event in Manchester in May as part of UK Disney event being organised at the mo..we are going to set a date in next week or so for event near Exeter in Devon for early next year and i know Jacqui who organised event on 7th Nov is looking at arranging another one for next year will kp u posted as and when i know more!
 How would you feel about a meet happening on a Sun rather than Sat as my fellow cm's would find a Sun pin meet easier to attend!!??:) :D  

simonandwendy626

Sunday is proberbly better for us too. As long as we have notice of when they are though it doesnt really matter to us.

Eager_Eyes

I agree that it would be a great idea but it really does need to be organised properly by Disney wouldn't it be great if we could do something like pick a Sunday night (when stores close early due to trading rules) and meet about 6ish after the store has closed and have the meet for an hour or two.  

I also reckon if there was a massive event in London run by Disney themseleves that would be great.  And if we could get a pin trading even pin then that in itself would draw a lot of people out of the woodwork to come and collect it!!!

Dorsetcandy

I'm in agreement that something organised by Disney would be fantastic and a special pin even better  :D
 At the mo with pin trading here in early stages just think it would be nice to try and get meets up and running if poss as the meet held on Nov 7th was gr8 fun to see every1 elses pins and chat with them was well worth the 4hr drive me and my partner made!And the more we can show Disney it is popular in the UK the better the chances of events happening in the future are!

Stitch2814

Im gald this has had some feedback from pin traders as facebook it didnt really get discussed and was kinda shuned aside lol

I know it would have to be by disney and would take time to get them to do that but if and when pin trading comes a big thing in the UK then its a possibility I think.

And as me and lindsay was saying in manchester today is that the lanyard is seeing no new trades and the pin meets have gotten less people so hopefully people are not getting less interested in pins.

simonandwendy626

We think the problem is that the stores are not active enough with the lanyards staff dont wear them in the stores and we think they should swap the pins over for new ones not to stop pin traders from buying them but to encourage different pins onto the lanyard.

maybe have a limited edition lanyard might make it a bit more interesting.

Also they need to release a new cast member set. We haven't seen any of the others for at least two months and they are good traders.

And on a different note. Cast members really need to be trained on how many limited editions they can sell to one person. We had an issue at the guildford store where a cast member sold 8 Grape soda pins to the same person!!!!! His excuse was that the trader should have been honest and only bought two but who's going to pass up an opportunity like that when its such a sort after pin?

But never mind

Stitch2814

I agree, I think when it comes to the pin trading days in store they should put out leaflets and such to help promote pin trading, I think the free UP pin worked out as a good idea and would hopefully they would do that again.

Im thinking of making leaflets myself to promote the trading day in manchester to get more people to come to the day as it is a lot of fun.

Dorsetcandy

I see things from both sides of the fence and hopefully more time dealing with pins in store will increase the amount done for pin traders we are seeing good signs with 2 le sets available online and more pins being released on regular basis and more cm's showing a personal interest...wow 8grape soda pins is bit much but u can't blame the cm if they were not told about guests being limited to 2...and in a way it was the trader taking advantage of the situation but like u said who wouldn't i bet the cm was mortified when they found out i know i have been when finding out i havn't done sumthing right in first week or so of being a cm!! :)

dlrpmad

To be honest, i love the idea of 3 pin trading meets. It would give people a chance to experience the meets without being in the parks. If Disney were to do this, I hope they would hold one in edinburgh, as I live in Dundee. I actually know a cast member and he has about 10 lanyards, so he has about 100 pins. Although he has this many pins he can only wear one lanyard with 12 pins at one time ( just in case the lanyard is stolen, so they don't lose as much). So, please Disney! Bring pin trading nights to Britain!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Stitch2814

glad to see there are traders out there who would want this to happen as it would show that disney want us to collect them lol

Im still looking into a trading day in Manchester as it would be great fun to hold one here to :)

dlrpmad

Just a bit curious, but is there any big pin meets in scotland? Im 16 and my dad (the only driver of the house) works a lot, plus im a bit skint at the mo. So I cant get down to your pin meet in manchester, stitch2814  :cry: Oh well, I'll live! Thanks everybody!
101% Stitch LOVING!!