just got back from 5 day trip.................

Started by debtdummy, November 07, 2009, 09:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

debtdummy

well.... £945 is not worth it. the park was great, character great BUT the french are so horrid!!!  pushing and being rude, smell. how can u lot go more than once. :^o . dont get me wrong i enjoyed my stay and was soooo excited and on the count down , but i saw french people use kids to get in queue quicker. drag kids by coat to see character and even go under barrier to get in front,
phantom manor was all in french apart from subtitiles so was gutted,
terror tower was also mostly in french and so we didnt get storyline.
apart from the horrid people and dissappointment it was ok trip
my tips. learn to ignore french people and take 6 fastpasses.
sorry if i sound harsh or a grump but i do feel let down by disney experience. also i have photo for all the people going to disney wonderland.

davewasbaloo

Sorry to hear that. I think I am immune to that these days as I am multilingual (i.e. I can tell off most of the rude folk) and understand European culture.

Phantom Manor is only in French at the beginning, you did not miss much at all.

ToT can be either language. Sadly though, DLP is not as bilingual as much as it once was. In fact, I hear there is more English used at Tokyo Disneyland and Hong Kong Disneyland than PAris these days.
since 2001 (many before that)

debtdummy

thanks, i did enjoy it , just was shocked on how rude some people can be, its like they think its there disneyland .....
i did love and smile at the french who did come and shout at them who pushed , just wish i would know french.

davewasbaloo

Ya, sadly there is good and bad at all the resorts around the globe. Paris can be a real shock to some. I know in our earlier visits, it was a huge shock. Now we tend to do table service meals at 3; don't see the characters unless there is a queue, it is at the hotel, or a character meal; and use fast passes/go early whenever possible. It makes for a much more enjoyable experience. I also no longer go when it is cold. It tends to be worse then. But spring and summer, it is not too bad.

That said, we have had just as bad behaviour in WDW, if not worse.

debtdummy

i went to some lovely restaurants, mickey cafe was best. loved being entertained by silly pinnocchio he was a laugh

davewasbaloo

Pinoch is often very good. Where else did you eat? What was your fav attraction?

Annet

Sorry to hear you met so many rude people, on my last trip we fortunaly didn't. But the rude people I've had my share of, weren't always french, they're from al countries.

I agree that some attractions and shows should be less French, on the other hand... the park is in France. In the themeparks here in Holland, all spoken things are also Dutch.

debtdummy

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Pinoch is often very good. Where else did you eat? What was your fav attraction?

annettes dinner was great,
2 nights at mickey cafe.. make sure u book tho.
ratatooie restaurant was good
and billy bobs was ok ish

fav ride was buzz and star tours.  altho star tours was not in english.#

Aveen2008

Hey Debtdummy,

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy yourself too much in Disneyland Paris  :( . Nearly everyone complains about the rudeness of people/guests in Disneyland Paris and it's the one thing for me that can really upset me when I am there. I have to say even though I have seen different cultures being rude, they have mainly been french in my experience and as you said you feel as if they think they own the park! :roll: I think you have to just ignore them as best you can but I know it's hard.

I honestly don't mind the French language being used and I feel like they have a right to use it as the park is in a french speaking country, in fact I usually think its good that they speak so much english and it's a credit to all the french/belguin (cant spell it hehe) people who work there and know so much English...always makes me feel lazy for not knowing their language as well :oops: I guess if you want an all english speaking park you have to go to the states.

I hope you found some of it enjoyable though? where did you stay? What were the bits you enjoyed?

Can I ask where are the subtitles in Phantom Manor? Never remember seeing any.

xxxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

debtdummy

sorry subtitles were in terror tower, phantom i just stood there like a lemon waiting.
only rude people were french and the smell was awful.... i loved the rides and seeing the characters and took 400 pics so wasnt a totally bad trip just dissappointed at some rides not having english option. maybe im just lazy , i did think of going usa but £945 for paris took my money...  disney was my dream trip. just gutted it was wet and full of rude people...

brenjo

What a pity you did not enjoy your trip as much as you had hoped for.  Have seen my fair share of rude people   : (but have been all nationalities - usually ignore them or be over polite back to them  :D  (it helps if you can speak thier language) they usually look dumbstruck and most realise how rude they had been acting and look shamefaced.  Have to say I love my trips to DLRP and am so excited  :D/  :D/  :D/  about my upcoming one.  Would you consider posting a full trip report with the photos you took - I love reading trip reports especially before I am due to go.

Aveen2008

when you say it smelled do you mean the park or the people lmao? :lol:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Tuvok

Quote from: "Annet"Sorry to hear you met so many rude people, on my last trip we fortunaly didn't. But the rude people I've had my share of, weren't always french, they're from al countries.

I agree that some attractions and shows should be less French, on the other hand... the park is in France. In the themeparks here in Holland, all spoken things are also Dutch.

I'm from Holland too and looking at the largest themepark over here, 'De Efteling', it's all Dutch spoken. But that's understandable. Our parks are just national parks who focuss mainly on Dutch people, while Disneyland is very much an international park.

I too think Disneyland Paris needs to provide all rides and shows in both English and French. Most of the visitors of Disneyland are international and not French. Then again, the French do think they are the greatest country in Europe and everybody else should speak French. In their defence, all of the cast members I came across during my trips this year, could speak English and were very helpful.
I would vote for the Spanish people as the most anoying of them all, but that's based on personal experiences.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

debtdummy

i will be writing full report today. as for pics i took 400 so will have to sort through. i did enjpy the holiday, just not as much as i had hoped

mercedes

To be totally honest I think because the resort is in France it is unreasonable to expect to have everything in English.

Yes English is an international language and I think what they do there is pretty adequate as it is.
There are visitors from lots of different countries that go there and I imagine they return home complaining that their language wasn't spoken aswell....but at the end of the day it is in France and French will be the dominant language along with the dominant visitors.

Imagine if it had been built in the UK? Can you imagine the cast members speaking other languages to their visitors or the rides and shows being shown in another language?

When in Rome and all that..... :D

I have been 3 times so far...and only once have I encountered anyone who was REALLY rude...and that was a French speaking woman ( might not have been from France though  :-" )
We had a good old barney...me swearing at her in English and Spanish and her swearing ( presumably ) back to me in French.

As I live in Spain I am used to ''Europeans'' and their behaviour.
Yes it is terrible...to me as a polite, stand-in-an-orderly-queue-and-wait English girl...

but then I know they are not being rude per-se...it's just they way they are and how they have been brought up for generations.
It's nothing to take personally...and they think we Brits are daft for being too polite...

I've seen some rude behaviour at Disney but it comes from every nation in my opinion...I just mutter under my breath...and then proceed to do what they do if anyone hacks me off!!!  :twisted:
I can push and shove with the best of them....I've had to learn the Spanish way
( I wouldn't go out of my way to be like that by the way...I'm still a polite person at heart and follow the rules until someone else doesn't )

Nothing and no-one would stop me enjoying DLRP....it is such a great place.

By the way this smell you mention!!!! What do you mean? Is it whiffy people or the resort is whiffy??????  :-k