Books about the resort

Started by stepintothepink, November 01, 2009, 01:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stepintothepink

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any good books about DLP? Not guide books, but ones about 'inside secrets', the development about DLP etc. I've had a look on Amazon and have seen some interesting ones about WDW but not DLP. Any help appreciated. Thanks!  :D

loladelorean

I know its kind of a guidebook, but I read this one before my trip and found it really helpful: The Brits Guide to Disneyland Paris. I got it in Borders but it should be on Amazon too.
Mind you, then I found this forum and the best insider tips are definitely to be found here!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

MinnieMouse

From Sketch to Reality - it´s the best book from DLP, but you can´t buy it at amazon I think .... only at Disneyland Parc.

MInnieMouse

-breeno-

Quote from: "MinnieMouse"From Sketch to Reality - it´s the best book from DLP, but you can´t buy it at amazon I think .... only at Disneyland Parc.
I would strongly recommend From Sketch to Reality, it's by far the best book about DLP (i should know i have two copies! :P ), you can find it in different shops throughout the resort, i got my first copy in the book shop in Main Street and my second copy in the Disney Village.

If though you are also interested in Walt Disney Imagineering, then i strongly recommend the Walt Disney Imagineering book too.  It doesn't have any infor about Disneyland Paris (i think i've not read it all yet) but it's very interesting and gives you inside stories about Imagineering.  You can find this book the same places as From Sketch to Reality.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

never2old

Quote from: "-breeno-"
Quote from: "MinnieMouse"From Sketch to Reality - it´s the best book from DLP, but you can´t buy it at amazon I think .... only at Disneyland Parc.
I would strongly recommend From Sketch to Reality, it's by far the best book about DLP (i should know i have two copies! :P ), you can find it in different shops throughout the resort, i got my first copy in the book shop in Main Street and my second copy in the Disney Village.

If though you are also interested in Walt Disney Imagineering, then i strongly recommend the Walt Disney Imagineering book too.  It doesn't have any infor about Disneyland Paris (i think i've not read it all yet) but it's very interesting and gives you inside stories about Imagineering.  You can find this book the same places as From Sketch to Reality.

The best books to get. Both really good reads, a must for anyone interested in the parks!

ightenhill

Order a signed copy from the author from his blog

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]