The Beautiful Signs of Other Disney Resorts

Started by Anthony, October 19, 2009, 07:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I thought we could start a photo compilation whenever you see a lovely temporary sign (or construction wall, anything like that), since these are things DLP generally can't do.

Source: http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/dateli ... -more.html

You know, just to depress ourselves a bit. :lol:

Kristof

On the other hand...

:lol:

Soap

Hmmm....maybe a black hole theory..... :roll: ???

//http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"On the other hand...
Hahaha.

Have they recycled some of our Fantillusion costumes?!

Anthony

Very smart.

Example of themed walls.

And yet the bin bag gate remains. :lol:

http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/dateli ... -more.html

The Butlin Boy

Some more new signs for DCA:

And for Disneyland:

:arrow: http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/dateli ... -more.html

Put ours to shame really don't they!? :roll:

luke85

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Put ours to shame really don't they!? :roll:

Just a bit  :oops:

Kristof

Kinda related...

This puts WDW to shame compared to Paris.  At least here they install and remove the lights after midnight.  :wink:

dagobert

That's really a bad show and shouldn't happen in a Disney Park, but maybe they had to do something that wasn't possible during the night.

pussinboots

Ah yes, those great Disneyland "Please enjoy other Fantasyland adventures" signs, and those individualized construction walls. You can dig up all the garbage bag gate photos you want, Kristof, but it's pretty clear who's making the bigger effort here...

Personally, I couldn't care less about how they dress up their construction sites as long as they look good afterwards. But it has to be said that Disneyland does a phenomenal job with theirs.

Kristof

Quote from: "pussinboots"You can dig up all the garbage bag gate photos you want, Kristof, but it's pretty clear who's making the bigger effort here....

A garbage bag is a garbage bag, no matter what beautiful signs that are stick to it.  It looks as bad as our cheap construction walls...  

But that's my opinion on this......  :)

Anthony

Nothing wrong with DLP's construction walls. I thought the great signage for small world celebration kinda shut this topic down anyway.

But it is crazy that DCA seems to have numerous fantastical signs advertising the Red Car Trolly (coming in like, 2012?!) whilst WDS shrugs off all its expansions like "oh yeah, that... it's just some Toy Story thing."

Kristof

Why do you think Disneyland California excels in these details nearly all the time?  Do you think it's because Imagineering is nearby or because their guests visit the resort more frequent and have higher expectations?  

I don't recall seeing elaborate signs like this at Walt Disney World or Castaway Cay.  And I've even seen photos of Tokyo Disneyland with the same "This area is being refurbished..." signs like we do (including the Constructor Mickey drawing).   :?:

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"Why do you think Disneyland California excels in these details nearly all the time?  Do you think it's because Imagineering is nearby or because their guests visit the resort more frequent and have higher expectations?  
A mixture of the two perhaps. It's their showpiece, flagship and people expect it.

For the amazing DCA signs and walls (those are what I'm personally jealous of right now, the maintenance man Mickey on refurb walls is fine), again this is the real showpiece of the new management. They're pouring so much money into it, they'll really WANT people to realise the impact of every cent and change their opinions about the place. After the old regime well and truly ballsed things up back in 2001 the new guys now want to prove they can really do proper Disney.

Remember the walls around Central Plaza when they were building the new stage, with that rather nice MMP design completely covering them? I don't know why DLP haven't done something like that at Toy Story Playland, advertising the New Generation Festival.

davewasbaloo

Now you guys know why I get a little grumpy at the DLP management team. As a kid, I grew up going to the original (and IMHO best). DLP has the potential to be the best, after all the original opening park was amazing. Management keep dragging it down (I know we have some financial issues, but there is still profit there)
since 2001 (many before that)