What's going on at "Blanche Neige et les sept Nains" ?

Started by EDDY, October 09, 2009, 01:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDDY

Hey there,
I couldn't find the topic anywhere, so I open a new one.

Does anyone know if there have been major changes at "Blanche Neige et les sept Nains", during the long Refurbishment period? I read somewhere else that it was planned to improve the boarding area and fix some effects etc...

Anyone has any information on that or maybe pictures?

Thanks ;)
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

never2old

I was on it on Sunday and didn't notice any changes... Maybe it was slightly smoother, but don't quote me on that...

The effects seemed to be working OK (except when the Old Hag comes out of the door, the hologram bit, that didn't seem to work very well, same as when I was there in June)

Didn't particularly pay attention to the boarding area, so don't know if something changed there...

DLP-Photos.com

I was also on it a couple of times during the weekend and monday and I did notice a few things:

1. I thought the colors were very bright on some of the characters and they had definitely been given a repainting. One of the witches' fingers was extremely "new-painted"-looking.

2. I found the attraction very very hot and tight (air wise), which I think was because of the new paint.

3. Finally it did seem to be a bit more smooth like never2old said.

Overall it seemed in very good state but I couldn't quite see why they have had it closed for such a long period.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Anthony

Weren't they putting in new gates in the loading area and changing the whole set-up around so that more people can board at once, like the way Peter Pan was redone a few years ago?

Any sign of that?

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "Anthony"Weren't they putting in new gates in the loading area and changing the whole set-up around so that more people can board at once, like the way Peter Pan was redone a few years ago?

Any sign of that?

I'm not too sure about this, but it did seem like the waiting times for Snow White was smaller than Pinocchio all the time - perhaps can have something to do with this? When you say it, I actually think that the boarding area did feel different - I just couldn't tell what had happened :)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

EDDY

Thanks to all of you so far ;)

I think I'll have to see it by myself ^^
But I've expected a major change, because it was a long closure and the DVD and BlueRay have now been released. So in my opinion this was a very good reason for some changes on the ride itself.

But I'll see it in November ;)
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

never2old

They did have 30% off Snow White's costumes (to celebrate the blu ray release...)...

EDDY

Also a good idea from Disney =)
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March