Disney Disco Night - N2O's trip 26 September

Started by never2old, September 28, 2009, 02:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

Hello!

Just a quick report (since quick visit), but it was such a great trip that I really need to share it with you all  :D

So last June, for my birthday, my husband got us tickets for the Disney Disco Night. Since we had already booked a trip for Halloween a couple of weeks later, I was not allowed to even suggest we spend the weekend in the parks  :roll: , so trip was to be only for the Disco Night....

We went by train (Lorraine TGV is 1 hour away from Luxembourg, and from there it's just over 1 hour to Marne la Vallée). We got there Saturday around 2:30pm, and went straight to the hotel. We stayed in the Magic Circus; first time there, and it was not bad! We had a family room with the circus bunk beds, sure the room was not massive but I liked the theming, and it was very confortable. Will definitely go back. We had a bit of time so we went for a swim in the pool, we were there for about one hour, all by ourselves, very nice!! Then before dinner we went for a walk around the hotel, there's a little lake behind the hotels there...

Anyway, after a very relaxing and pleasant afternoon, we took the navette, destination the Steakhouse for dinner! We've been there 4 or 5 times now, every time we've tried different things, and every time we've loved it. Definitely our favourite restaurant in the Village! This time I had the capuccino carrot soup (hmmm), the shark steak, and the bailey's creme brulée  =D> . Delicious.

We were now ready for the Disco night!! It was a little before 8:30pm so we went towards the Studios, there was a little crowd of people waiting by the gates to be let in...

Quite a few people were dressed up for the night, it was brilliant! Lot of wigs (afros, sparkly, colourful...), plenty of shiny shirts... A lot of people had made a serious effort! And everyone was in a great party mood  :D/

When they opened the doors, we were welcomed by paparazzi (they had made cameras with extra long lenses, longer than my arm!), they kept telling people how faboulous they looked  :lol:  There were also some make-up artists painting people faces, a few guys walking on sticks (sorry, I forget what those are called...)

Also there to welcome guests were some characters, like Mickey AND Minnie!!

And I don't know if it was because there were less people, or because they were all very civilised, or because there were less kids than usually (there were some kids around, but it was mostly older people), but it was perfect! No one pushing in front of you, everyone waiting for their turn (won't say calmly because we all seemed to be very excited, but in a good way).  Excellent!

DJ Stitch was only coming on stage at 10:00, but the Disco music was playing everywhere in the park, to get everyone in the mood... The rides themselves were (only) open until half past midnight, and since the party hadn't really started, we decided to get some rides done... First, Crush Coaster. The queue was about 10 mintues... I had only done it once before (when the ride broke down...), but with the usual queues we hand't bothered since. And to be honest, I don't think it's worth the kind of queues it gets... I'm glad we got to do it, but I rather queue for ToT or BTM than Crush...

After Crush, straight into Cars. This was one of the rides I had never done before, but now with absolutely no queue whatsoever, we decided to give it a go... And I don't think I'll ever see that queue line so empty, so I took as many pictures as I could (while trying to keep up with my husband, who didn't want to stop for pictures  :roll: )

It was a good thing it was so empty and we could take the car just for the two of us, I sat in the front and my husband in the back, even sitting sideways we had practically no room for our legs... But that was the only negative thing about it. I really enjoyed it! I would have done it again, but having done Crush and Cars in a few minutes, our heads were spinning a bit... So after a go on the Tram Tour (which I thought worked quite well at night, the fires are very impressive) we headed towards the disco area.

When we arrived, Pluto had just taken a wig from one of the girls and was running around with it, the girl and her friends running behind him. Donald was dancing with a few kids, Goofy and Chip (or maybe it was Dale  :wink: ) were behind them dancing with other guests, and Mickey was greeting people. It was great. I don't think I've often seen the characters interacting like that with so many people (and them not getting mobbed). It was great. I've definitely never had that much fun meeting the characters.

The longest queue we did was for Armaggedon, which actually was pretty annoying  :evil: . I don't know what they were waiting for, maybe to have enough people to fill the ride, because they left us waiting outside for about 20 minutes.

Some of the people waiting outside with us...

But the really annoying thing is that we missed most of the disco bit with Stitch, he was DJing but the characters were also in the crowd, dancing. Still, we got to dance It's Raining Men with Minnie and Donald, so won't complain  :wink: ... But I would have prefered to spend more time dancing with them than queuing for Armaggedon...

We stayed dancing for a bit, and having a really good time, before trying to do some more rides. We did Tower of Terror (30 minutes wait, but they were running at half capacity), which remains my favourite ride in WDS, gave up on Crush after seeing it had a 60 minutes wait (  :shock: honestly!!), and danced a bit more...

And after a quick go on RnRC (I managed to sing a little bit to "Dude (looks like a lady)", in between screams and fearing for my life)

we went back to the dance floor...

We left around 1:30 am (party finished at 2:00). I really hope they do these more often, because it was really good fun. Great atmosphere, everyone was in a really good mood, and to be honest I've never had this much fun in the Studios before.

For next time, though, they should have more places open to buy food or drinks (they should have had all the stands open for the drinks, we had to queue for 10 minutes to get an ice tea in the only open one). That's really the only thing I would change...

Sunday we took it easy, and left the hotel a bit before 12:00, for a bit of shopping in the Village, lunch in Starbucks (and white chocolate cheesecake... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm), before taking the train back home. And really happy to be going back in 2 weeks!!

Anyway, I leave you with this quick video, not great quality, but you get an idea of what it was like...

[youtube:1ao5jjxe]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fnub7C3ILo[/youtube:1ao5jjxe]

Annet

Wow that sounds really cool, great pictures too!
Hpe they do it more often so next time I can pay a visit to it as well :)

davewasbaloo

That sounds like a lot of fun. I think if you can get the right vibe, the Studios can be an awesome experience.  And yes, I agree, I think because these events are fans, the behaviour is often much better at these things.

And yep, the Steakhouse is always great - in my top 3 for DLP:

1. California Grill
2. Steakhouse
3. Silver Spur

Sounds like fun, I can't wait to read about your Halloween experience (we loved the Halloween party years ago, but it was soooooo crowded, it put me off of ever going to another).
since 2001 (many before that)

Epcot_Boy

Thanks for sharing what sounds like a great night with us 8)  :D/  I also always enjoy the Steakhouse and always visit when there :)

David

The Butlin Boy

Fantastic report N2O, I'm really glad that you had such a great time - it looked like a blast! :wink:

Thanks for sharing your report with us :)

never2old

Thank you guys! It really was a blast... Hope they do another one next year!