Winnie the Pooh (Disney 2011)

Started by Captain Pan, August 18, 2009, 02:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pixel

This film looks fantastic. Other than the fact it would be hand-drawn, I wasn't very fussed about it. But that trailer... wow. Winnie The Pooh as it was intended, by the looks of things. Great work Disney!
e komo mai

Anthony

15th April this hits the UK (and the US doesn't see it till July). That's really soon considering we've only just Tangled! I don't know, you wait ages for a Walt Disney Animation Studios film...

But is anyone else not sure about seeing it at the cinema? On one hand, it's hand-drawn Disney animation. You can't miss a chance to see that. On the other, it's Winnie the Pooh and do I feel a little old for it. It'll be interesting if Disney can break through the idea that this is just for the kids who watch Playhouse Disney.

Dolph7800

They have the trailer playing on the DIsney Channel on the hotels, was surprised to see how faithful to the original Pooh animations it is.

dagobert

Quote from: "Anthony"15th April this hits the UK (and the US doesn't see it till July). That's really soon considering we've only just Tangled! I don't know, you wait ages for a Walt Disney Animation Studios film...

But is anyone else not sure about seeing it at the cinema? On one hand, it's hand-drawn Disney animation. You can't miss a chance to see that. On the other, it's Winnie the Pooh and do I feel a little old for it. It'll be interesting if Disney can break through the idea that this is just for the kids who watch Playhouse Disney.

I'm also not sure if I will watch Winnie Pooh at the cinema. I like animation movies a lot, but I do feel  a little old for it, too.

I think that Winnie Pooh will not make a lot of money at the box office.

treble

saw the trailer today & i can't wait. not worried about being too old-i'm just going to steal my friends 5 year old  :P
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

Columbiad

Some pictures have been released of the animated short that will accompanythe film. Called "The Ballad of Nessie," it's style harks back to the Disney shorts of the 40s and 50s. Narrated by Billy Connolly,it tells the story of the creation of Loch Ness and its famous residant The Loch Ness Monster, here considerably Disneyfied and given a plastic duck friend, MacQuack.

QuoteSet in the "bonny blue highlands" of Scotland, "The Ballad of Nessie" is a whimsical and colorful tall tale about the friendly Loch Ness monster, Nessie, and how she and her best friend MacQuack the rubber duck came to live in the moor they now call home. Setting the adventure into motion is a greedy land developer named MacFroogle, who decides to build a mini-golf empire on top of Nessie's home. (http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2011/03/14/fi ... of-nessie/)

QuoteNessie is forced to wander the counrtyside, searching for a new home. Feeling hopeless, she sits down and cries so much that she creates Loch Ness. (The Press and Journal, 14th March 2011)

I love the tartan landscapes. Bring from Inverness, its nice to see a Disney short based on Nessie. Its fantastic too that they got Billy Connolly. Can't say I'm all too excited about all the fantastically orginal Scottish names: MacQuack, MacFroogle...

JelleP

New video from the Disney Animation YouTube Channel appeared about Zooey Deschanel, who'll sing a few songs for the upcoming Winnie the Pooh movie. And there are some never-bofore-seen clips from the movie itself in it! ;-)
[youtube:o6fyhjk9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daF6fV7BRfQ[/youtube:o6fyhjk9]
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

littlemermaid83

Can I just say that I'm excited that the UK will actually get this in cinemas before the US.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

littlemermaid83

So who else has been to see it?

I took my Daughter on opening day and must say what a sweet film it is and it was actually really funny. I love how it kept to the classic tales of Pooh and the songs in the film were very catchy.

The Ballad of Nessie made me shed a tear and before the film you also get a short episode of Jake and The neverland Pirates.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

peep

Finally saw this today. Great film, I loved the stories, the animation and the music. I chuckled throughout the film too, was a really nice family film, would love to see more films like this!

The short was great too. :D
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

DisneyPictures

Hey everyone! I loved reading your thoughts on the film and thought I would start conversation up again! Have any of you seen our Facebook page for Winnie the Pooh yet? There is a great personality quiz that shows you some more videos describing our favorite characters.

Check it out!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/WinniethePoo ... 5200929819

Let me know what you think of the character videos!

flyngryter711

The scene with Nessie is incredibly moving. I love this type of animation.  I wish we would see more of this type of animation.

DisneyPictures

Oh I'm so glad you liked it! Thanks for the feedback! What did you think of Winnie the Pooh's animation? A nice break from CGI?

Kristof

So I just found out there won't be a Blu-Ray release for Winnie the Pooh in Euorpe?!  How do you feel about that?

Anthony

I wondered why a Blu-ray version wasn't showing up on any online stores yet. It's due for release in the UK next week (22nd August) in a single-disc DVD version. Over in the US, they're getting three versions, two with a DVD and a Blu-ray disc, just with different DVD/Blu-ray size packaging.

The email for Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment in the UK is: mailto:wdshe.consumerrelations@disney.co.uk">wdshe.consumerrelations@disney.co.uk

I've emailed in the past about the stripped-down Incredibles blu-ray and lack of a blu-ray release of Cars Toon: Mater's Tall Tales (which was released in the US) and got responses to both (if not any actual action), so it's worth a quick email!