Magicstar´s Short Summer Trip (15. - 16.8.2009)

Started by MagicStar, August 18, 2009, 01:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicStar

Hey  :D
We just came back from a wonderful short trip to DLP.

So here comes my little trip report. With many many impressions and experiences. A few little news and some funny stories. So...
Lets go  :D/

The Days before:

Actually we wanted to visit DLP in October the next time. But then on Thursday my BF said: Hey - Let´s reload our Disney-Batteries. And so, Thursday evening we booked a hotel. I called Disney but the only available hotel left was HNY. A bit the expenisive for a short trip. We had only time for Saturday/Sunday cause we didn´t get free from our jobs.
So we decided to take the cheap hotel version and booked the premiere class at bussy.
40 Euros per night. Would be OK for two nights  :P

Starting the Trip

After a long but exciting day at work on Friday we came home, prepared our bags and left Karlsruhe / Germany at about 6pm in the evening. It was vveeerrryyy hot.
We took a deep breath. Jumped into the 1.0000000.00000000 degrees celsius car and left home. DLP here we come.
The drive was full of excitement to see DLP again. And it ended about 12 Minutes after starting. Traffic Jam :?

Ok - we took a deep breath cause Radio said, the traffic jam will be very short.
Hmmm - it took a bit longer. MagicStar was bored. BF was driving. So I took a few pics.

After 2 hours and 8 (!!!) road works we saw a light at the end of the tunnel. The sign that gave us hope:

We gave gas. And while the sun said goodbye to this Friday evening we entered France.
Bonjour a le pays de magique. A le pays que héberger Disneyland Paris

Late at night we arrived at Bussy. We took a deep breath. This time... of this wonderful french air... we checked in... went to bed... and waited for the two Disney-Days that will come!!!!

DAY ONE

We took the car directly to the huge parking lot. 9.30am and it was going to get hot. A mass of cars. Cause my AP expired a fews weeks ago we took the one of my BF, entered the parking lot for free and were very glad. The conveyor bands worked.

As we came to the security check we noticed, that some guest had to go through a special tent, where their bags were x-rayed!!!!!!!!!!!

Cause I had to buy a normal ticket first to get into the park we went directly to the entrance. WOW. i´ve never seen so many people who wanted to  buy one-day-tickets.
We took the easier way and instead of waiting... we went to Disneyland Hotel and bought my ticket there. The CM was very friendly and nice.
Then we to this small door neat the entrance... knocked at the door and entered Salon Mickey where BF enjoyed his first coffee

New at Salon Mickey. A trash can. Hmmm - doesn´t fit in the great themeing... what do you think?

We had a wonderful Cookie and the nice CM came along with us into the park.
WOW. It was wonderful. Magical. So many flowers. The park looked nice and fantastic.
The sun made all the colours look even better and BF and me had this special feeling, that only real DLPfans know... when you enter Mainstreet....

It was so nice to see one of my favourite effects working. The Cup:

It was 10.30am now and the crowds were massive. So we decided to take a FP at Buzz.
On our way, we saw Plaza Garden... in brand new shape after the rehab.

After taking the FP at Buzz we went to Fantasyland. Time to get some real Disney-Magic... Its a small world. The golden rooftops sparkeled. And - most of the seemed to have other first-ride favourites. No waiting time. What a luck!!!!!  :D/

After IASM... we walked to see Alice. I just had to see it after the rehab. Oh boy... it looked to cool.  All the fresh colours. We took our time. Walked and enjoyed:

Now it was hot. The sun burned... and so we decided to make a small break under the trees of Toad Hall. After 20 Minuntes it was time for Buzz.
But when we walked through Discoverland we  had the first big surprise this day.
Buzz was temporarily closed. Orbitron temporarily closed. Space Mountain    temporarily closed.
What now? Time to renew my AP. We went to the bureau. The CM was very friendly. I asked, if my BF can sponsor me to get a discount. He said, it is not possible because you can only sponsor a person, who hadn´t an AP the last 2 years. Then he checked my dates at the computer... and said: Oh - but I´will give you the discount cause you are a AP holder for some many years now!!!!! I was very happy...
Then I saw something new:

Terminals where you can buy your AP on your own now!!!

We took the way to Stars Tour now. Not to ride it. But I wanted to see the "stage" for Stitchs Dance Show. I wondered, why all the shows began so late. The first Stitch Show at 16.30. The first Mickey and friends Show at 17.00 and the OUADP at 19.00!!!!

We made a short visit at Arcarde Alpha... and what I saw there shocked me!!!!!

How can Disney put such a game into their park? No words for that!!!!!!!!

It was burning burning hot now. All over the park, people tried to find some shadows to escape the heat

At some corners, Disney set up some water sprayer... and wow it was really refreshing!!!

OK - time to look for a quite, cool corner. The Studios. Our Favourite place to relax...
Front Lot!!!! Its so wonderful just to sit there and listen to this wonderful music.
As we entered Front Lot... we did hear.... nothing. Really Nothing! No Music.
After about 15 Minutes we decided to go the Studio Services and asked why there is no Music... they said: Really????  Took the phone... and 2 Minuted later... tataaaaaaaa!!!!
We had a wonderful, relaxing 1 hour cool down time.

After that, we were up for ice cream --- yamyam....
But... no Ice Cream at Front Lot... ok... lets go to Studio 1. No Ice Cream there.
Ok - I remembered the new Ben&Jerrys Shop... at was closed!
A went to CoolZone... "no more Ice Cream today" --- grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  :evil:
Come on Disneyland! Don´t you want to make profit?

OK - we left the studios and went back to Disneyland Park.
Time for Dinner!
We recognized, that the choice of food at all the fast food restaurants are so much better now. Meals, that fit in the themeing!!! And great offers!
We had lunch at Hakuna Matata.

Kebab, French Fries, a coke and a dessert for 12,30 Euros. What dou you want more?

While we ate, a nice guy had a small gift for us. FP-Tickets for BTM. He didn´t need them and so we said Thank you and rode the train!!!!!!!!!! It was in great shape. Really Really fantastic.

The sun said goodbye and it was time to go to MainStreet. We watched Party time and I have to say -- after all these negative comments... I liked it. So many Dancers and characters. The whole show had such an energy!!!!
After the show, crowds stayed at Mainstreet at waited for Fantilusion. Nearly an hour before!!!!!
God, Disney could have made so much money, if the had solt some drinks to the waiting people. They all were so thursty. But no one wanted to stand up and leave his place!

Fantillsion itself was ... OK. Just one Show-Stop. I still ask myself why!!!!???? Does anybody of you know?
After the fireworks we left Disneyland.... walked to our car and drove back to our hotel in Bussy!

DAY TWO

It would be a short day, cause we would have long journey home. As Riebi says: The early bird catches the worm, we arrived at the studios very very early.... to ride Crush.

When we arrived... we were a bit disappointed:
After some wait, it got closed: technical problems.
Cars was closed half... technical problems.

Down to Studio Tram Tour -  closed: technical problems.
Then we went to HTH. Waiting time 45 Minuntes. FP-Terminals closed.
OK - so went to Rockn Roller Coaster. Waiting time 40 Minuntes. FP-Terminals closed.
A bit angry we decided to take a look at Blockbuster Cafe. The POTC-Part was... ohh... as my BF said: Poor

Let me say -- this pic looks better than in real...
The "probs" in the glass case... i bet these ones are no real probs of the movie. The other case was still empty:

OK - that was our day at the studios. A big disappointment! And wasted time.
Back to Disneyland Park we found a huuuuge baloon panicle and played... find the magicstar ;-)

Than we took a walk through my favourite land.... Adventureland. Isn´t it wonderful?

We had reservation for Agrabah Cafe... and took the AP offer... 16 Euros for the buffet.
It was fantastic. By far the best meal I ever had at Disneyland! Delicious!!!!!!

Time had come now to leave. We said goodbye and while we headed to the parking lot, we saw the new Mickey at Buffalo Bills? Did you see it before?

It was wonderful trip! And beside some small things... DLP makes a great job and improved a lot!
Now - I hope you liked my trip report  :wink:
See ya....
MagicStar!!!
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

kiki_304

Great pics,  looks like it was very hot.

Great report too. :D

DLP-Photos.com

A great little report with some lovely pictures. A shame with so many technical problems during high season though :(
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

SophieD

A great trip report and pictures MagicStar!!  :D  :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Epcot_Boy

Thanks for sharing your short break with us Magicstar.....loved the sunset =D>

David

Aveen2008

Hi Magicstar,

Thanks for sharing your report and photos! :D

I cannot believe how many rides closed  due to techniqual difficulties! :o  In high season this is really not good that they cannot keep rides going, especially if they are already cutting down the opening times of certain rides!

No ice cream in hot weather!! Is it possible they sold out?! :shock:  :shock: If they wanted to make money they should have had all carts and possible drink and ice cream outlets open! I remember when I was there in july 2007 the little van in mainstreet went up and down the street selling drinks to the crowds sitting waiting on the parade! They really need to smarten themselves up and take advantage of situations where they could make money!

I am glad you enjoyed your short break, you are so lucky to live within a driving distance, that must feel great and it was so nice of the man to give you the FP's for Thunder Mountain...that was nice! :D  :D

Thanks again for sharing your Trip Report!
Luv Aveen xoxo

MagicStar

thanks for all the compliments  :D  :D  :D
Yes it was really annoying to have all these technical problems.
But on the other site... they fixed a lot... everywhere. The overall-atmosphere was great. Much better than the last years.
And I can´t remember when I met so many friendly CM than this time =D>

15yearsofMagic2008

Heyahh ! Looks like you had a great time !

The only part i didn't like was the HOUSE OF THE DEAD GAME !!! :shock:  :shock:

OH MY GOD ! WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD PUT THAT THERE IN A PLACE TODDLERS AND INFANTS GO ?!!! ITS MADDNESS !!!!

Nice camera ! Don't mind me asking , but how much was the camera  :P  :wink:  xx
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

MagicStar

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"The only part i didn't like was the HOUSE OF THE DEAD GAME !!! :shock:  :shock:

OH MY GOD ! WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD PUT THAT THERE IN A PLACE TODDLERS AND INFANTS GO ?!!! ITS MADDNESS !!!!

And thats just as pic of the automat! We went in to see how this game looks like.
Everywhere bloody zombies!!!! Its really unbelievable!!!!

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"Nice camera ! Don't mind me asking , but how much was the camera  :P  :wink:  xx

Never mind ;-) Its a Olympus SLR... we payed 650 Euro with 2 lenses. Great camera. I love it :-)

15yearsofMagic2008

Did you get it from Paris ? x

Am looking for a good camera before we got to DLP (in pink , obv) . Where can i get a good one for under £100 ? x

MagicStar

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"Did you get it from Paris ? x

Am looking for a good camera before we got to DLP (in pink , obv) . Where can i get a good one for under £100 ? x

Have a look at amazon. The Canon IXUS Series is a good choice!

Silvie78

Thanks for your report. I love the photos! Can't wait to take my own in 10 days... :D/
Liebe Grüße, Silvie

15yearsofMagic2008

Quote from: "MagicStar"
Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"Did you get it from Paris ? x

Have a look at amazon. The Canon IXUS Series is a good choice!

Thanks x

I will create a new topic about which camera to get because i don't want to turn your trip report into a camera dicussion x Lol xx  :P

never2old

Thank you for sharing your trip with us, and thank you for those pictures, you got some great shots! Really makes me want to go back...

Soap

Great pictures Magicstar! Thanks for sharing!
And Agrabah lunch/diner is indeed one of the best there is in DLRP!!  :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney