New Snow White happening on Castle Stage

Started by Poppy The Monkey, August 08, 2009, 06:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Oh ya, I think this could be cool. I love the Mary Poppins show, and the Sleeping BEauty one is alright (but I preferred Merlin). I just think Disney is becoming super feminine when there used to be a lot of masculine offerings in the past.
since 2001 (many before that)

pussinboots

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Oh ya, I think this could be cool. I love the Mary Poppins show, and the Sleeping BEauty one is alright (but I preferred Merlin). I just think Disney is becoming super feminine when there used to be a lot of masculine offerings in the past.

Well, on the other hand, Disney parks have always been very boyish — trains, cowboys, Indians, astronauts: Walt — so maybe things are finally turning around a little.

But that's fair and objective me talking. Selfish me would much rather see the princess crap booted in favor of Merlin too.

Nala_84

I loved the Aurora Show in December! :) I like such shows where you can interact with the characters afterwards and have your photo taken with, so I think something with Snow White would be just great!

I just hope they'll also create a show with Belle when the DVD will be re-released :mrgreen:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"After the success of the Mary Poppins and Sleeping Beauty happening - plans are underway for a new happening to launch in November this year.

The Snow White happening, temporarily called "Snow White - I'm wishing" will feature Snow White, her prince, the 7 dwarfs and possible the Evil Queen....

Plans are being made to have this show play on the old castle stage, unused for shows since Winnie the Pooh departed a few years ago.

More Soon......

oh you beat me to it! how very exciting! i really hope they use the queen!! or the hag  :D/
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Soap

:shock:  Are they really considering using the stage again....  :shock:
Just have to keep on to my chair for not falling...
Great news, thanks for sharing Poppy  :D

I like the Mary P. show a lot, Cinderella is ok for the little girls.
The Merlin was a better addition i my opinion.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

luke85

Quote from: "zanderstarz"
Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"After the success of the Mary Poppins and Sleeping Beauty happening - plans are underway for a new happening to launch in November this year.

The Snow White happening, temporarily called "Snow White - I'm wishing" will feature Snow White, her prince, the 7 dwarfs and possible the Evil Queen....

Plans are being made to have this show play on the old castle stage, unused for shows since Winnie the Pooh departed a few years ago.

More Soon......

oh you beat me to it! how very exciting! i really hope they use the queen!! or the hag  :D/
I hope they use both!

The Butlin Boy

They're going to use the Castle Stage again!!! :shock:  :D/  =D>

This is great news, not just for the use of the under-used stage, but also for the show itself. These little 'happenings' have proven to be very popular little surprises over the last few years, and I expect this to follow the trend too.

Although the release of the Diamond edition of the film on DVD and Blu Ray at the same time does bring up an interesting debate; was this planned purely to tie in with the release, or would it have happened even if the film was being re-released? :-k

luke85

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"They're going to use the Castle Stage again!!! :shock:  :D/  =D>

This is great news, not just for the use of the under-used stage, but also for the show itself. These little 'happenings' have proven to be very popular little surprises over the last few years, and I expect this to follow the trend too.

Although the release of the Diamond edition of the film on DVD and Blu Ray at the same time does bring up an interesting debate; was this planned purely to tie in with the release, or would it have happened even if the film was being re-released? :-k

I have a hunch this wouldn't have been planned without the DVD/Bluray release coming up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled this is going to happen, and whilst it would be nice to think that DLP were planning this for a long time, I think it's unlikely.

emweaver

Me and DD would love this and like others said perfect timing for the re-release of the DVD. I do hope it does start in November as we are there from 1st December  :D

Is it confirmed or just a rumour?

Anthony

First photos of the event.

More: http://www.dlrptoday.com/2009/11/08/sno ... s-of-life/

Even if the show is rather small (and does apparently re-use a lot of old music) it's a great start for getting life back to the stage, and very nice to see all seven dwarfs together.

ightenhill

Nicely timed for the release of the film.. Expecting my box set anytime now  :D

I'm guessing they have kept it short as a long show in this location may induce frost bite whilst watching

As Anthony says though I have to agree its good to see the stage being used again..

[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Anthony

Latest Programme confirms the event is titled Snow White: Happily Ever After.

Quote from: "ightenhill"I'm guessing they have kept it short as a long show in this location may induce frost bite whilst watching
I think you're being generous! They wouldn't run Fantillusion if that were the case. More like 8 minutes is just the standard length that seems to work for these kind of shows. Although I still wonder - how is the audience reacting? Given that unlike Mary Poppins or Sleeping Beauty they're actually seated in a theatre for this show, you'd think expectations would be higher than a few wheelbarrows... :?

Aveen2008

Wow so its definately happening then.....typical the one year i don't go for November :roll:  :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

ightenhill

Quote from: "Anthony"I think you're being generous! They wouldn't run Fantillusion if that were the case. More like 8 minutes is just the standard length that seems to work for these kind of shows. Although I still wonder - how is the audience reacting? Given that unlike Mary Poppins or Sleeping Beauty they're actually seated in a theatre for this show, you'd think expectations would be higher than a few wheelbarrows... :?

At least I can stamp my feet a bit and move a bit in Fantilussion :)

Have to agree though a few wheelbarrows and no stage dressing is a bit  :-"

I take it theres no actual voice performance either and its just a mimed event.. Still its still a step in the right direction..
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Poppy The Monkey

The reason this show and Sleeping Beauty/Mary Poppins are short is of course due to money.

A "happening" is classed as an event under 11 minutes - if the run-time goes over 11 minutes it is classed as a show! Not a major problem, expect performers who do 3 or more shows per year, get a premium in their pay, so if these happenings were longer more and more performers would have to get this premium, which would apparently affect the epc budget greatly!  :roll: