Does anyone else wish they'd stop decorating the castle?

Started by TR_Wolf, July 24, 2009, 09:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QTXAdsy

Woo! I'm so happy we finally will have a 'normal' looking castle again! :D/

...Soon.

Here Come The Belgians!

*TIMMIE*

Are they going to paint it? Would be a good moment for that.

Vegitabeta

I reckon that the 15th decor wasn't too bad, as the '15' kind of blended in with the style of the castle, as did the characters.  However, I really hate the stupid thing they've shoved on there for MMP.  I walked up to the castle and just thought 'oh dear'.  Doesn't fit at all.  I'd like to see the original castle please!

disneyfreak90

i don't agree because i think the don't decorate too much anymore!
for they're other birtdays the castle was much more decorated and that was too much but the decortion for their 15th birthday was really beautiful!

Thomas_626

I'd like to see Princess themed decorations for the castle, definitely wasn't a fan of the theming for this year, at all.

dlrp_bopazot

Our castle is so Fragile they should stop decorating it except for the Xmas overlay .

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "*TIMMIE*"Are they going to paint it? Would be a good moment for that.

Apparently they are going to give the Chateau a fresh lick of paint, and a card saying 'I'm sorry for dressing you up like a tart. Please forgive me' :wink:

Annet

A better question would be:
Does anyone like the castle-decorations at all?!

The big 15 didn't bother me as much as the giant heads that are on it now do.

TheDavidMolyneux

You'll probably think I'm crazy but I really liked the 15th decorations and I honestly do like the MMP decorations aswell, well not really the heads on top of the turrets but I think the big Mickey with all the characters looking out is quite good.  :shock:
Walt Disney World - 2008.
Disneyland Paris - 2008.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

Tuvok

Glad I'm not the only one who actualy likes the castle decorations of the recent years. The '15th' and 'MMP' decorations are subtile and gives me a real Disney feeling. The 'Hunchback of Notre Dame' decorations for the 5th birhtday were absurd. That was  completely over the top and they shouldn't do something like that again. Agreed. But seriously, those cute golden characters for the '15th' and the current golden Mickey ears for 'MMP' are really fitting the castle well. The character board looks stunning by night with all the twinkling lights.

Now I know that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, but recently this forum turned into one big anti-Disney board. Is there anything that Disney has done recently that was actualy good in your opinions? I also dislike that Tarzan was replaced by Goofy's Summercamp and that Lion King was cancelled, for example, but you don't see mee posting that in every single topic I react to. There is probably no topic left where there is no complaining about the 'toon invasion' (if it wasn't for the toons, there would be no Disneyland) or 'castle decorations' or something simular. Just my 2 cents, or am I the only one who is getting depressed by all the complaining?
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Kristof

QuoteNow I know that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, but recently this forum turned into one big anti-Disney board.

That's a bit harsh.  People disliking or commenting on something Disneyland Paris does, only proves how much they care about it.

Tuvok

Quote from: "Kristof"
QuoteNow I know that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, but recently this forum turned into one big anti-Disney board.

That's a bit harsh.  People disliking or commenting on something Disneyland Paris does, only proves how much they care about it.

True, and they should. In the topics that are meant for that reason. My point is that almost every topic at some point is taken over by another toon-bashing, decoration-bashing or 'MMP is crap' discussion. See, now I'm doning the same thing with this topic...  oh wait, this IS in fact a bashing topic  :D Well, you get my point.

Kristof

Quotethis IS in fact a bashing topic :D Well, you get my point.

Feel free to open a topic to defend Castle decorations, Disney Toons, MMP, DLP's maintenance or anything else you want to share your opinion about.  That's the reason why a discussion board and the magicforum exists - sharing opinions: positive or negative!  :wink:  :)

lil-shawn

QuoteThere is probably no topic left where there is no complaining about the 'toon invasion' (if it wasn't for the toons, there would be no Disneyland) or 'castle decorations' or something simular. Just my 2 cents, or am I the only one who is getting depressed by all the complaining?

sorry but if you really would know the history of walt disney and the parks, you would know
that the toons were not part of the disneyland plan in first hand.
in the first few decades of disneyland CA. no celebration or something else got any
castle decoration.
in my opinion, the castle desoration are there to celebrate anniversary´s and not for
party´s or something else...

i liked the 15th decoration for the castle, it was something fresh, and not that much like
on the 5th...
in my opinion the castle can get new decorated on the resorts 20th....

Tuvok

Quote from: "lil-shawn"sorry but if you really would know the history of walt disney and the parks, you would know
that the toons were not part of the disneyland plan in first hand.
in the first few decades of disneyland CA. no celebration or something else got any
castle decoration.

True, but why do you think Walt could create his Disneyland in the first place?
If Walt didn't create toons like Mickey Mouse in his first years, he could never build Disneyland. The toons are what made Walt so great. It was possible to build Disneyland only because the people loved his toons and animated movies (that generated money in order to make the theme parks). So yes, thanks to the toons, we now have several Disney resorts world wide.

That doesn't mean all of Disneyland should be about the toons. Far from it. Disneyland is more then just the toons. But don't forget that it was all started by a mouse. Celebrations or themed years are excellent to focus on toons. You still have all the non-toon rides, but you will get an extra Disney touch with the addition of toons. In order to make such special year visible to the people, they have banners, decorations and related events/shows. Mickey turned 80 years. That's something to celebrate!

If you want people (not the Disney fans, but the regular people) to come back more often for another visit instead of once in a few years, you need to attract them with new events. Mickey's Magical Year does that. The resort didn't had any new rides during this special year, but still more people are visiting.

So yes, subtile decorations are something I'm in favour off. But it needs to fit. The classic characters fit in the Disneyland Park and on the castle. Pixar characters, however, do not. They need to stay in the Studios. A castle decorated with Pixar charaters would be a dissaster. Now that they are focussing on Toy Story / Pixar next year with the new rides, I hope with all of you guys that the castle doesn't get decorated with anything Pixar. I thinks that's something we can all agree on.  :D