Does anyone else wish they'd stop decorating the castle?

Started by TR_Wolf, July 24, 2009, 09:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR_Wolf

Sleeping Beauty's Castle in Disneyland Paris is amazing, it's pure fairy tale and looks superb.

So does anyone else wish they'd stop covering it with various decorations and just leave it the hell alone so it looks how it was designed and envisioned to look?

I particularly dislike the current thing with the characters leering out of where the main window should be. If the castle should be touched at all, it should only be for special occasions, it shouldnt be just another thing they can decorate for the latest promo, like the park entrance or the Main Street banners.

Adam (TR Wolf) on the left, and Phil on the right \":)\"

davewasbaloo

I totally agree. This year's MMP has no merits at all other than Playhouse Disney Live (if you have little ones) and that could happen anyway.
since 2001 (many before that)

Pete's Dragon

On one hand, yes I wish they would stop polluting the castle with lumps of coloured plastic. On on the other it doesn't really bother me that much. I love seeing the castle from the Main Street Railway Station, and luckily the decorations aren't really visible from there

RnRCj

I definitely agree. The 15th decorations were quite good in my opinion, but the MMP ones are just awful. Completely out of place. I don't have any photos of the castle looking normal as of yet...

Anthony

Yes! In fact we discussed, moaned and despaired quite a bit about this in the Mickey's Magical Party topic as the awful new decorations unfolded.

You can join the Facebook group we set up: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=59026372277

dagobert

Yes!!! Please stop decorating this beautiful castle!!

I liked the 15th birthday decorations, but the MMP decoration looks bad. Hopefully it is gone next year, but I don't think so.

Aveen2008

Yes i agree too really because I actually really didn't lik the 15th ones I thought the gold candles were pretty tacky  :?  an dI am just so relieved they are finally gone!! :D/  I haven't seen the current decorations in real life but I know I would still rather it left alone!
Luv Aveen xoxo

CentralPlazaPerson

Agreed! After MMP I think the castle should be given a long term break until the 20th.
No more decorations until the 20th!!!

Willow

My opinion is that next year the event will be based in the studios relating to Toy Story Playland. I think Disneyland Park will remain unaffected.

This is total speculation on my part though.

I don't think the decorations are that bad, except maybe the large character plague.

The Butlin Boy

The 15th Anniversary decorations were fantastic; they were classy and magical, and were tied in well with the shows, etc (although by the end of the two years, they weren't as amazing as they were :roll: ) This years MMP decorations are the complete opposite; they are tacky and out of palace, and they don't play a part in any shows like the 15th's did. So yes, I do want to see the castle back to normal. I don't mind if they decorate it again for the 20th anniversary, with decorations equal to or better than the 15th's, but I really hope that they don't do it again for anything like MMP (unless it is something small and tasteful that plays some kind of part in a show, parade, etc. :)

smurfy74

I like the mickey spire toppers, but cant stand the 'thing' on the front. But I too wish it could be left alone, maybe one day  [-o<

davewasbaloo

what would be wonderful is if they took the money they spend on the naff junk and invest it in a paint job and refurb of the dragon and the effects in the castle itself!
since 2001 (many before that)

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"what would be wonderful is if they took the money they spend on the naff junk and invest it in a paint job and refurb of the dragon and the effects in the castle itself!

amen to that [-o<

David

Aveen2008

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"what would be wonderful is if they took the money they spend on the naff junk and invest it in a paint job and refurb of the dragon and the effects in the castle itself!

and if not spend it on the Studio Tram tour because I really think that thing is an embarressment to the studios park..apart from C. Canyon!
Luv Aveen xoxo

CentralPlazaPerson

Couldn't agree more to Aveen! I think the Reign of Fire set is terrible now as half of the time the dragon doesn't breathe out fire!