DLR | HalloweenTime 2009 - Space Mountain overlay & more

Started by Anthony, July 19, 2009, 04:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Remember when Paris' Halloween used to be the envy of all the other Disney resorts?

QuoteHalloween Time Returns to Disneyland Resort!

07.18.09 - Returning to life September 25 and continuing through November 1, Halloween Time brings fun for all ages to the Disneyland Resort with new screams at Space Mountain and a new, nightly fireworks show. Halloween Time offers families a chance to interact with some of Disney's most beloved characters, dressed in seasonal costumes at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure parks. It also gives guests a unique opportunity to experience some spooky fun with Disney's more sinister characters, the Disney villains.

For older kids and adults, Halloween Time offers a new attraction: Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy in Tomorrowland at Disneyland. For the first time, riders will experience not only the thrill of flying through the galaxy, but the exhilaration of ghosts and ghouls screaming through space trying to contact them. Creepy creatures lurk around every turn as the eerie attraction provides thrilling drops like never before.

New this year is a fireworks spooktacular that will haunt the nighttime sky throughout the Halloween season. Jack Skellington, the Master of Scaremonies, invites everyone to join in the celebration, including a cast of Disney villains who get into the sprit with a wicked sense of fun.

Jack Skellington also returns to take over the Haunted Mansion and bring back "Haunted Mansion Holiday" to New Orleans Square in Disneyland. Transformed to a mix of Halloween spookiness and Christmas tradition, "Haunted Mansion Holiday" is inspired by the classic animated film Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas. Jack and his friends provide plenty of havoc and surprises as they celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Haunted Mansion in their unusual style.

For not-so-scary fun, Halloween Time offers special pleasures for children and parents. Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland will again transform for the Pumpkin Festival, where more than 300 "non-identical" pumpkins will be on display in shop windows. Meeting favorite Disney characters will be easier than ever as they stop to greet guests at designated areas on Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland and Sunshine Plaza in Disney's California Adventure.special meet-and-greet areas will be located throughout Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure.

Also available throughout both parks are special Halloween treats, including enjoyable Halloween menu items such as Zero's Ghostly Ghoulash served in a dog dish in honor of Zero, Jack Skellington's beloved pet dog. Special Halloween Time gifts can be found in Disneyland Resort shops. Gifts include jack-o-lantern mouse ears and collectable pins depicting Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and their friends in Halloween costumes.

Guests will enjoy spine-tingling fun in Disney's California Adventure at the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, where a "supernatural" event happened on Halloween evening, 1939, forever haunting the building.

Also at Disney's California Adventure, Sunshine Plaza becomes "Candy Corn Acres." Mickey's pal Goofy is up to his tricks once again, attempting to wow the world with his unusual candy corn treats. Candy corn carrots, candy corn pumpkins and candy corn signs are just a few of the candy corn items Goofy is preparing.

Back by popular demand is "Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party," a one-of-a-kind celebration that returns to Disney's California Adventure for 12 nights in October (2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30 and 31). This separate ticket, nighttime event gives children and their families a chance to dress as their favorite princesses, goblins or heroes, and trick-or-treat throughout the park. It's the ideal environment to have fun, eat special holiday treats, play interactive games, listen to "spirited" music and watch a nightly character cavalcade that celebrates the season.
http://d23.disney.go.com/articles/07180 ... nTime.html

peep

The halloween re-theme on Space has apparently been taken from Tokyo DL. A Coasterforce member says it's amazing, he doubts DL will be able to do it as well as TDL.

I absolutely love the look of the Haunted Mansion re-theme, would love to go there just to go on that.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

mehdi5

Quote from: "peep"The halloween re-theme on Space has apparently been taken from Tokyo DL. A Coasterforce member says it's amazing, he doubts DL will be able to do it as well as TDL.

I absolutely love the look of the Haunted Mansion re-theme, would love to go there just to go on that.
Actually, the re-theme is from HKDL, not TDL.

peep

Really? Lol, soz, my mistake :P
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Anthony

A flying Zero!

QuoteBefore then however, on September 25th the new Halloween fireworks will debut, and Nightastic will become an unfortunate memory not quite on the scale of Light Magic, but certainly not as successful as TDA had hoped. The big surprise for the spooky Halloween fireworks will be a flying Zero the dog, borrowing the cables for a few weeks from Tinkerbelle and Dumbo.

And of course there's the new Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy that TDA was forced to admit to in a huff after we alerted you to it. Ghost Galaxy will be using some of the special effects equipment installed back in 2006 for the failed Rockin' Space Mountain promotion, but there will also be new lighting and props installed along the track and in the loading area during the two week refurbishment this September. Once that new Ghost Galaxy equipment is installed and tested, future versions of Ghost Galaxy should only require a few days of rehab instead of two weeks.
http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al072809a.htm

Walts heir

wow the SM idea seems great
this post was enough to convince me too book for haloween this year

Dlrpfan

first dumbo now a flying zero! love these new ideas to improve fireworks displays, just hope they use the fire effects seen in Remember...DCT to make it even more awesome
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

Al Lutz reports a possible return of Captain EO during the Halloween Season at Disneyland:

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al072809a.htm

dlrp_bopazot

i wish we could have the same things here .  I hate HISTA i mean it's out dated now .

Owain

Quote from: "dlrp_bopazot"i wish we could have the same things here .  I hate HISTA i mean it's out dated now .

Offtopic; I do think HISTA is an ok ride, fun experience if your seat is working (mouse, sneeze, english headphones etc..) but yes it is outdated. IMO i think that this could be one of the rides heading into yesterland in the next couple of years....

Anthony

The official HalloweenTime website has launched.

Like I said in the first post, it seems California have come from nowhere and shown Paris exactly how Halloween should be.  Main Street isn't covered in cheap stickers, ugly mannequins and so on. No, it hosts a "Pumpkin Festival", with orange garlands and banners hanging from the buildings and special shaped pumpkins lining every window. It's done in the style of an old harvest festival, not a modern paint trashing.

The Butlin Boy

I LOVE the advert for this :P

[youtube:3dwzwawb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSZjisOD2OM&feature=channel_page[/youtube:3dwzwawb]

:lol:

Anthony

Lots of pictures: http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/dateli ... -more.html

I can normally take or leave fireworks, but the Halloween Screams show looks spectacular. The projections of Oogie Boogie, Zero flying the sky, fire, smoke and lights... amazing stuff.

And look at the decorations too -- so wonderfully tailored to their locations. Not a hint of tackiness anywhere. Well, except DCA - but like I said, tailored to their locations.

Soap

Saw the video yesterday, i was stunned by it  :shock:
Comm'n ship this magic over NOW!!!  :lol:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

mattboywonder

I have just returned from DLR and saw more orange as the week went on.  On Friday 25 September, when the park opened it seemed EVERYONE headed straight for the new Space Mountain "Ghost Galaxy", so it was instantly a 40 minute wait.  I was pretty nervous as signs said it is not recomended for under 13's (I;m over 30!) - its was pretty cool - they space effects have been replaced with a sort of fire monster.  I've seen the Holiday Haunted Mansion before when it was first re-themed in 2001 and to be honest would rather have the original.  The fireworks were amazing though wiht Jack Skellington playing host.  Shame I wasn't there for the actual Halloween nights but will be in Paris on the actual day and I can't wait!
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008