Le Visionarium

Started by Anthony, July 07, 2009, 08:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Disney and More has posted a new article about Le Visionarium. This time it is about the TDL version:

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -full.html

Take a look, it's very interesting.

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

The TDL version was the first ever Disney theme park attraction I ever experienced, so yes, I miss it a whole lot.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

dagobert

Bruce Broughton, composer of the score of Le Visionarium, will present his work at the Hollywood in Vienna event on September 23, 2011.

http://www.hollywoodinvienna.com/2010/home.php

Major motion picture credits include «Lost in Space», «Tombstone», «Miracle on 34th Street», «Carried Away», «Baby's Day Out», «The Presidio», «Narrow Margin», «Harry and The Hendersons», «Krippendorf's Tribe», «Honey, I Blew Up The Kid», «The Boy Who Could Fly», the Disney animated features «The Rescuers Down Under» and «Bambi II», and the two «Homeward Bound» adventures. He conducted and supervised the recording of Gershwin's 'Rhapsody In Blue' for Fantasia 2000.

From Wikipedia:
He has also penned many scores for Disney attractions such as: The Timekeeper, Canada, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, and Spaceship Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Broughton

CafeFantasia

The American version of Le Visionarium strikes me as a little bit angry, perhaps even racist? There's quite a bit of hate towards the French coming from Rhea Perlman's 9-Eye, don't you think?

davewasbaloo

They also did not show the Russian Balloon scene either due to the ideological differences. I feel DLP had the very best version IMHO.
since 2001 (many before that)

CafeFantasia

Yes, the DLP version was very classy in comparison, and more respectful of the European characters and locations.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Alan"Yes, the DLP version was very classy in comparison, and more respectful of the European characters and locations.

Just like Moteurs Action seems to play better in Paris than WDW. And IMHO, I adore Cinemgique, but I am not sure it would be as adored if it ever went to the states.

I think this is why TSPL and the new hub show disappointment so. DLP we know can have amazing offerings.

dagobert

I didn't know that there were differences between the US and European version. Why did Disney change Le Visionarium for the US market? How did the US version portray the Europeans?

davewasbaloo

The American version took out the Russian Balloon and Gerard Depardeu parts, as well as some of the clips of travelling through Europe, replacing it with clips of America - Manhatten, Mount Rushmore, the Grand Canyon etc.

DGRavenswood

I guess the characters were played more "hip" and "edgy" in the US version...

DLP (translated)
Jules Verne: (to himself) "Time travel... It's impossible!"
Nine-Eye: "Impossible isn't French, Monsieur Verne."

WDW
Jules Verne: (to himself) "Time travel... It's impossible!"
Nine-Eye: "Oh yeah? Look again, Julie!"
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

CafeFantasia

Look at this video I found. It's a show kind of similar to Le Visionarium, where you're surrounded by a film. But instead of CircleVision this is a complete hemispherical screen. It's really amazing to see how far technology has come.

Seriously, if you have any interest at all in theme parks, or stage shows, or magic or illusions, you HAVE to watch this. It's beautiful:

[youtube:1s1qnrii]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs99tLISJtg&hd=1[/youtube:1s1qnrii]

Scissorsboi

That show is absolutely beautiful, just imagine what would happen if the creators of that, and the creators of opening day DLP could get together! Maybe when EO leaves, they could put something like that in, a new Visionarium, but take hints from Cinémagique and have actors coming in from the ceilings, a new Nine Eye flying around the screen and Timekeeper standing proudly in the middle of the room turning to point out all of the wonders of the inventors of the time..

I can dream!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Patrick89

Quote from: "dagobert"After talking to some friends who also liked Le Visionarium a lot, I can't stop thinking that the closing of this special attraction was the beginning of the downturn of DLRP. What great had happened since then, except TOT and to some degree Crush's Coaster, to Disneyland Paris? Until then everything at Disneyland matched the themes.

Buzz Lightyear isn't a bad attraction, but I think most of us will agree its far away from Le Visionarium, which was one of the best attractions at DLRP. Buzz should have never been built there, because the building, the theme just destroy the Discoveryland feeling. I still don't get what Toy Story has to do with Science Fiction or discovery.

So true. With Buzz arriving, the period of decline began, lasting until today. I will never understand how you can seriously think that a character of  a Pixar movie, whose only relation to Science Fiction is the fact that he wears an astronaut's suit, fits in Discoveryland.A person who loves the atmosphere of former DIsneyland would never have replaced Le Visionarium with Buzz...

Btw, is it possible the soundtrack is no longer on the website?Because I couldn't find it... :oops:
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

CafeFantasia

@Scissorsboi

Yeah, great idea. Imagine this new "Hemispheri-Vision" technology being used in a new TimeKeeper 2.0 attraction. That would actually be one of my ultimate Imagineering fantasies come true. And like you said, TimeKeeper (in animatronic form) would be stood in the dead centre of the theatre, but logically 9-Eye would have to be replaced by a new robot with a different camera configuration.

lil-shawn

Quote from: "Alan"@Scissorsboi

Yeah, great idea. Imagine this new "Hemispheri-Vision" technology being used in a new TimeKeeper 2.0 attraction. That would actually be one of my ultimate Imagineering fantasies come true. And like you said, TimeKeeper (in animatronic form) would be stood in the dead centre of the theatre, but logically 9-Eye would have to be replaced by a new robot with a different camera configuration.

Great and stunning Show, and i argee with you this would be a very good idea... Now put in a moving floor and the effects of explosions or moving will be intens in your feet...

also i could see this technology for a new Mickey´s Phillarmagic in our Fantasyland... Disney realy needs new Technology Attractions, look at WWOHP or Spiderman Attraction or now this...