4th-7th Oct short report

Started by kiki_304, October 09, 2009, 05:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiki_304

I will do my best for a report and pics as I came home to the news that my nan had passed away whilst I was at DLP.  On to happier times now though.

You can just click the thumbnail below to see the pics if you don't want to read the report.

So, we caught the Eurostar from Ashford and all was well and on time.  Walked to the Cheyenne and checked in with the least helpful check-in personnel ever!!!  Firstly I had to ask for the breakfast as she forgot and then it turned out she had given us the wrong breakfast card for one day (no biggie).  
Walked back to the park and had a lovely afternoon/evening there with my family just going on the rides, having an ice-cream and enjoying my boys excitement.  We didn't see one single character though walking around or anything.  We decided to go back to the hotel for dinner as we couldn't find anywhere suitable that was open in the parks.

Day two was just rain, rain and more rain.  I took our waterproof trousers so no problem the with the weather.  Bought the boys some poncho's for extra proofing and carried on the day as normal.  
We saw lots of characters and got lots of autographs and pics.  The pumpkin folk were just fun and very mischievous playing pranks and goofing around.  They did scare a few kids but they didn't mean to. We decided to do EMH and then go to the Studios to do everything over there before returning to the park.  When we got to the Studio though all the open air rides were closed!!!  Blooming rain!!!  They were only closed for maybe an hour (can't be sure exactly).  
After the parks we did some shopping and bought a few gifts for family and ourselves. Grabbed a starbucks to walk back to the hotel with and went for dinner. Boys got to bed by at 9pm and I could rest my legs and feet having another soak in the very shallow tub.

Last day, all packed and off for breakfast we go.  Had more fun, pics and rides in both park and studio where my 3 year old decides to be brave and ask stitch for an autograph.  He wouldn't go near any of them before and now the kid is unstoppable!  He used his brothers book though and is looking forward to getting his own book when we return next year.  He loved the pumpkins by now and didn't realize that both me and his father were not pushing his stroller.  The baseball pumpkin came up behind me and started pushing it with me so I just let him push it.  My son just shyly smiled when we pointed this out to him. lol
We make one last trip to the shops before heading to the train station to collect our bags and catch the train Ashford.
The train was very busy which strange as they are cutting the Tuesday train out except for school holidays.

Oh, and after being busy helping my mother with my nan's death I have today realized that my son left his school's class bear on the top bunk of the bed at the Cheyenne. :shock:  :shock:   I called them and housekeeping very kindly gave me their email address where I had to put it in writing before they could post poor Barney (they dog in some pics) back to me.

jeakat24

Sorry to hear about your nan.

It's seems like you had a great time, despite the bad weather, what bad luck, and you must have panicked when you realised the bear was still in Disneyland! Well at least he's had an adventure and I'm sure all the kids at your son's school will love the story! Whenever I tried to take my old schools bear, Heathcliff on holiday someone had already booked him, so I never got the chance! (I'm 22 now and I'm still not over it!)

The punpkin men and ladies are fantastic with the kids and never shy to play around! Your lucky your son reacted so well, when we went last year we saw a child being pushed by them and when they realised they screamed main street down, bless them!!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

The Butlin Boy

I'm sorry to hear about your Gran jeakat, I really am. I'm sure we all appreciate you taking time to write this report, especially due to the circumstances.

As for the report and photos, I really enjoyed reading and seeing them, I hope that you all had a great time at DLP :)

Gareth

Great trip report and amazing photos loving the pumpkins and sorry for your loss

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

kiki_304

Thanks guys.  My nan was kinda cool and down with it so to speak and even though she died sudden (aneurysm) she was bed bound for the past decade and left a note for the family to be happy and not grieve but remember her.

My kids are already wanting to go back and my DH says when we go back for next Christmas season then we will be staying at DHL. :D

The countdown is now on. :D

Soap

Great pictures and report Kiki!  :D

Q: How did you get the link + slideshow imported here?
I was trying this with picasa, but that doesn't work... :(
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

kiki_304

Quote from: "Soap"Great pictures and report Kiki!  :D

Q: How did you get the link + slideshow imported here?
I was trying this with picasa, but that doesn't work... :(

I chose the option to turn the album into a slide show then pasted either html or the direct link in.

oh and good news about Barney the class dog.  I have paid 23euros for them to send him home tomorrow.lol

Soap

Hmmm...when i upload the html files from Picasa, there's a restriction notice :)
So i guess you have a direct url and that's no options within Picasa....

Thanks for your answer!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney