[TDR] Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek

Started by Skellington, March 12, 2006, 07:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skellington

URAYASU, CHIBA - A new attraction inspired by Disney's presentation of Pixar's Monsters, Inc. will open in "Tomorrowland" in "Tokyo Disneyland Park" in Japanese fiscal year 2009. Guests experiencing the attraction will be able to participate in a game of hide-and-seek at the Monsters, Inc. building with the little girl Boo, Mike, Sulley, and other characters featured in the movie. The attraction will capture the warmth and charm of Boo and the monsters, and is sure to be a hit with kids and grown-ups alike.

Opening: Fiscal year 2009 (tentative)
Attraction Name: To be determined
Attraction Type: Ride-style
Investment: Approximately ¥10 billion (US$88 million)
Additional Facility: New merchandise shop
-- Source: Oriental Land Company press release.
The Pumpkin King

Owain

No ones ever posted construction photos so i thought id do a round up of construction up to now :)

Photos from Disneytheque;

11 December 2006

14 January 2007

17 January 2007

29 April 2007

16 July 2007

21 October 2007

11 February 2008

6 March 2008

19th May 2008

4 June 2008

25 June 2008

13 July 2008

18 August 2008

Pretty impressive  :wink:

Oh and a model, which looks alot like it is now :)

Source; //http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/archives/43-Monsters-Inc.-Ride-And-Go-Seek.html And Deep Disney

DLP-Photos.com

WOW, this looks really impressive. Although I do wish that our resort get unique rides only, if we should copy something, this could be interesting at least if you look at the building themening.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

PetiteSirene

Love love love that building!  :shock:

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

daisylovesdisney

wow that looks awesome! arent we getting something like that in paris within the next 4 years?!

HKDLfan

OLC has announced that this attraction will open on 15 April, 2009

Owain

Update at Disneytheque;

QuoteFences disappear but the site continues with the installation of signs. Note that the ride will be equipped with the Fastpass system

From; Disneytheque.com, DeepDisney

DCA shouldve waited and made a monsters inc. attraction like this than there rushed version !

The Butlin Boy

I love this, it looks so good. I'll admit, I wasn't quite sure about this ride concept at first, but it looks absolutely amazing. We'd be lucky to see something like this in WDS, that'd be great. :)

HKDLfan

Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek Attraction Official Website(Only in Japanese)

Translation:
Tokyo Disneyland New Attraction
Monsters Inc. "Ride & Go Seek!"
Grand Opening on 15th April, 2009

The slogan which is above the logo means "Welcome to the joyful world of hide and seek!"

Maarten

It just seems like you're stepping into the movie, don't you think... like a filmset. Lets bring Monsters Inc Ride and Go Seek to Toon Studio and forget about Toy Story Midway Mania instead.  :wink:

The Butlin Boy

Soft openings have started for Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek!

[youtube:28knoubd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsXWnixC0RU&e[/youtube:28knoubd]

[youtube:28knoubd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okmB8_i4i30&e[/youtube:28knoubd]

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't think that this ride looks brilliant :mrgreen:

Captain Pan

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I'd be lying if I said that I didn't think that this ride looks brilliant :mrgreen:

I don't think your the only one Butlin Boy... It looks really really good...

I dare say it would form a nice addition to the studios (Toon Studio) at Paris... But I don't think Paris would receive it anyhow!

davewasbaloo

Well the Monsters Inc attration in DCA is a lot of fun, certainly one of the better kiddie dark rides out there. This version looks even better. And people wonder why I get grumpy at the idea of the Toystoryland (especially with all the mistakes of toonstudios)
since 2001 (many before that)

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "Captain Pan"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I'd be lying if I said that I didn't think that this ride looks brilliant :mrgreen:

I don't think your the only one Butlin Boy... It looks really really good...

I dare say it would form a nice addition to the studios (Toon Studio) at Paris... But I don't think Paris would receive it anyhow!

I'll second this - it seems really good and I have to admit that I we were to choose between this or Toy Story Midway Mania, I would want this for sure!  :D/
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Soft openings have started for Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek!
I love it. Just wonderful. The videoscreen adverts outside, the brilliant area loop, the animatronics (especially Mike - the first time you see him and when he's being electrocuted - wow!) and especially... the humour! And this isn't the lame puns kind of humour WDI has been doing the last ten years but humour through design. The scene where Randall gets pulled through the compactor is hilarious! I can't remember ever laughing out loud at a dark ride...

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"And people wonder why I get grumpy at the idea of the Toystoryland (especially with all the mistakes of toonstudios)
You'd do better to ignore Toy Story Playland, (we get it, it's not your kind of thing), wait a while and compare this to Paris' Ratatouille dark ride instead. That'll be the real test.