Oscars tonight!

Started by Kristof, March 05, 2006, 04:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Anyone going to watch?  I will!!  :D  :D

Anthony

I would do, but it's only being shown on Sky Movies here, which we don't have a subscription to.  I'll watch the highlights tomorrow night on Sky One though.  :wink:

Any guesses for who'll win?

Patrick

I'll probably watch, got sky movies and will be able to stay up so long, not got college till late in the morning anyway. :D

RiverSong

I will watch the Oscars tonight!!! I watch them "live" (I mean at night) since 1999 and I enjoy it every time!!!

My guesses are (just a few categories, the ones I think they are important):

Best Picture: Brokeback Mountain
Best animated picture: Corpse Bride
Actor/leading role: Joaquin Phoenix (he's my favorite actor since "Gladiator")
Actress/leading role: Reese Witherspoon
Directing Ang Lee/Brokeback Mountain
Actor/supporting role: Jake Gyllenhaal
Actress/supporting role: Rachel Weisz
costume design: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
best foreign laguage film: Sophie Scholl (German movie!!)
music/score: John Williams (he's nominated twice and I love his work)
adpted screenplay: Brokeback Mountain
original screenplay: Good Night and Good Luck

I think Brokeback Mountain will be the "winner" tonight and get most of the awards.

Then I wish you that you can keep your eyes open until tomorrow morning!!!

RiverSong

It was very nice, I liked that host Jon Stewart (although I would have prefered Billy Crystal). It was fun to watch. But most of my guesses weren't right  :roll:

I'm going to sleep now, it was along night.

flor

Raptor watched them too. And ofcourse he's still in bed ;-). He came to bed 20 minutes before I stood up :s (stupid exams!) :twisted:

Brokeback didn't win the best motion picture movie :s It's time to change some of those old daddies in the jury! New blood is needed over there!

Masamune

:( I can't believe Brokeback Mountain only won 3! Those stupid judges were biased towards Crash because half of them live in Los Angeles! :evil: