Resort expansions and the financial crisis?

Started by MizzRabbit, February 06, 2009, 05:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MizzRabbit

Well, I've been away for a while and might have missed other topics like this, but do you know wether the new DRLP expansions such as the Ratatuille ride and The Little Mermaid ride have been effected by the financial crisis? Maybe posponed or even cancelled? How is the crisis effecting all the Disneyparks?

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

phantom247

mizzrabbit Nothing has been confirned as yet look towards some sort of anouncement next Wednesday at the Shareholders Meeting but when you talk about the Little Mermaid it could be with us as early as 2012 but I feel that this is more likely 2014-2015 even with the money that is Rumored that TWDC is putting into the resort over the next few years.

pussinboots

Quote from: "phantom247"mizzrabbit Nothing has been confirned as yet look towards some sort of anouncement next Wednesday at the Shareholders Meeting but when you talk about the Little Mermaid it could be with us as early as 2012 but I feel that this is more likely 2014-2015 even with the money that is Rumored that TWDC is putting into the resort over the next few years.

You seem to have some very interesting things to say, but it's kind of hard to read without any punctuation. It would be greatly appreciated if you put a "." here and there. Thanks.

Willow

Theme Parks usually work around 3-4 years in advance.

For example, the huge expansion at Disney's California Adventure is costing a fortune, as far as Disney are concerned WDI have already spent the budget.

MizzRabbit

I read on a Danish Disney news site that the Ratatouille might be posponed and it really worried me. I hope to find out something concrete, maybe from the Disney God Himself or from that shareholder's meeting.

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Willow

Overall it would be a good thing that any projects got posponed. (Be that Ratatouille or The Little Mermaid)

I'm sure most of us here would want a quality ride with the same budget as previously but a few years late.
I doubt any of us would want a severely cut-down version of the rides just to get them out to a deadline.

smurfy74

if anything its a good time to expand as Disney should be able to command big discounts on the purchase of items if everyone else is cutting back. Everything from consultants to capital purchase should be cheaper plus with interest rates at the level they are there has never been a better time to borrow money if you can  :D