DLRP Cast Members Telling Porky Pies

Started by Stitchfan, February 22, 2009, 08:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stitchfan

I started Pin Trading when I went to DLRP for christmas (I was not impressed but that is for a different part)
In order to start me off my brother and my mum bought me some pins from Ebay all came with WDW packaging and or Disney packaging but upon trading with CM's I was told that they would not trade as they were "fakes" because they had the original metal backs rather than plastic Mickey shaped backs.

I did manage to get some swaps but I felt a bit cheated that I did not swap as many as I liked I also felt that some of the CM's did not want to trade pins either.
I am going to Florida next year will I have problems Pin Trading there.. I am also going back to DLRP to see if I can change my opinions lol.

Katie
Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most
Obssessed with all things Disney
Stitch is my hero ~ I want to become a Cast Member

Agent Lex

As far as I'm aware, the Cast Members are telling the truth. The rules for CM pin trading are actually very strict, and the pins having the rubber Mickey-silhouette holders is actually one of them I think. Your ebay seller is the one here who was telling you porkies.

The Butlin Boy

You can buy little packs of the rubber Mickey backings at DLRP :wink:

Stitchfan

We did this but I think some of the CM's are a bit picky on the pin trading things as my friend then took my lanyard to Florida this week and the latest email is all the pins DLRP refused to trade are genuine and she has swapped them for me :)
I was a newbie at Pin Trading now I am getting quite proficient and can swap and trade in the uk as some Disney Store Cast members can pin trade and as of april so I am told they can pin trade instore  :D/
Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most
Obssessed with all things Disney
Stitch is my hero ~ I want to become a Cast Member

Willow

I always thought there was some rule about only being to trade Paris pins at Paris and American in America.

Masamune

:o How weird. Whenever I've traded a pin with a metal back at DLRP, the Cast Members would usually just say that they wanted to keep their Mickey back, which is totally fine. The only pins I've ever had trouble trading at DLRP are the old UK Disney Store pins, because they didn't have the official Pin Trading logo on them.

:) Pin Trading at WDW is much easier. As long as the pin is official Disney, they'll trade.