Will WDS ever have a genuine parade again?

Started by andrewuk, January 04, 2009, 10:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewuk

After the decision to have a stars and cars event rather than a parade, and the long lines for crush and TOT regularly crossing the park, does this mean that we will never see a real parade? Or might this be considered in the expansion plans?
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Willow

Was there not talk a few months ago that we would get a parade from Walt Disney World. I think the talk was that:
  • New Parade from Disney's California Adventure.
  • Pixar Play Parade moves from CA to Disney's Hollywood Studios.
  • Block Party Bash comes from DHS to Walt Disney Studios.

(The above could be totally false and been made up by me though)

Maybe in Walt Disney Studio's 15th Anniversary a new Parade will be created.

mehdi5

Don't think the studios will have a new parade for a few years, maybe once it gets a better parade route when the park expands, to be honest i've never really liked the parade route for some reason.

andrewuk

Yes, I remember something like that too Willow, but surely either of those parades would take up more space than SMC or DCP did? :?:
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Japper

I thought that the WDS would get the Pixar Play Parade!

Anthony

Someone from entertainment over in California confirmed a while ago that Pixar Play Parade is very likely to move over to WDS when they have their next shuffle-round. They didn't say when, but I'd guess 2012 as the earliest, which would also link in nicely with the 20th Anniversary and possible Ratatouille attraction.

Here's the article: http://www.dlrptoday.com/2008/04/02/sta ... confirmed/

Quote"It's a part of a new strategy that we've been looking at for Disney parks in general, to allow us, when we have such a great product, to say — let's extend the life of that particular show or product by moving it to another location and getting more use out of it. So this is a part of an overall strategy, really focusing on parades, to say — how can we transfer those assets and use them in multiple places, since we know they're successful creatively, we know they're successful with the guests — let's get as much out of that as we can, so that more guests get to experience it than those that might just see it in one park in California.

"And now Pixar Play [Parade] – the intent is that it would be able to move to Paris after it has finished its run in California."
I'd love to see a parade running up Hollywood Boulevard at some point. It's probably wider than Main Street.

bigrossco

this is the info I have re Studio Parade:

High School Musical 2           | 4 Apr - 27 Sep 2009 (subject to weather conditions) |

Dates subj to change
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista