Off To Disneyland Resort Paris in the morning!

Started by corkgirl, June 28, 2009, 03:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corkgirl

In 6hours time, we will be leaving the house to go to Disneyland! YAY! Trip Report will come asap!  :D/
Disneyland Trips]
August 2004
Christmas 2007]
June 2009 - Travellers Hotel
Next Trip]

Waddi

Not long now, hope you have a magical time.

look forward to seeing the pics and reading the report.

never2old

Have a wonderful time and please tell us all about it!!

kiki_304

Guess you are on your way there now.

Have a great time. :D

Aveen2008

You are most likely there right now..aw wow I am so jealous hehe I hope you're having a great time, I wonder what you're doing...flying with Dumbo, talking to stitch, screaming on the tower of terror or watching mickey's magical party hehe! :D  :D

Can't wait to hear your trip report!
Luv Aveen xoxo

bigrossco

Quote from: "Aveen2008"You are most likely there right now..aw wow I am so jealous hehe I hope you're having a great time, I wonder what you're doing...flying with Dumbo, talking to stitch, screaming on the tower of terror or watching mickey's magical party hehe! :D  :D

Can't wait to hear your trip report!

im jealous as well and so so want to go back :(
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

The Butlin Boy

I hope you're having a great time :)

corkgirl

Well I am back!! Had such a great time even though it was super hot and long ques for lots of things!

Here is the Trip Report, pictures will come soon!

Day 1: We left home at 8.30 and arrived at the airport at about 9.15 for our flight at 11.00. We checked in and dropped our bags off
and then headed for breakfast. Our flight was delayed about half an hour. I didnt mind! I had been sick all the week before with a cold
and sore throat and ear infection so while we were flying my ears were very sore, I was just so glad when we landed! We picked up our bags and
went to find the VEA shuttle bus. We got the smaller bus to the big coach that was going to bring us to DISNEYLAND :D/ ! We got on the bus and we were sitting
near the back.. however someone who was on the bus earlier in the day had got sick and it was never cleaned up.. it was horrible!
The driver was really rude about it when people went to tell her..  :evil:

However.. after all that we were on our way! We arrived at our hotel - "My Travel Explorer" at around 5pm I think. We checked in and
decided to go for some pizza in the hotel and then head into Disneyvillage. We were not going to Disneyland until the next day.
We were in Disneyvillage, and we had to wait ages for the Hot Air Balloon because there was some wind. It was worth the wait though!
I loved it, even though it was €12 for 6fast minutes! We could see all the studios and the park! I then headed for the Disneyshop to start picking out what I would
buy! :) We then decided to head back to the hotel because we had a long day ahead of us the next day!  :D/

Day 2: We got up and went to breakfast for about 9.30. We arrived in DISNEYLAND! at about 11 I think.. and oh my god it was roasting! It was 31degrees.. there was loads of people
so we said we would head straight for frontierland and fastpass BigThunderMountain! Our fastpass time was for 2.45. The heat was unreal, definitly not what we are used to in
Ireland! We found the mist showers in front of the Cowboy Cookout and stayed there for awhile! We headed then for the MollyBrown where the wait was only 15minutes
I hadnt done this before and I really enjoyed it! After we went to the shop in Frontierland for a look. Then it was time for lunch. We headed for the cookout and it was nice and cool
inside here. It was also fairly quiet inside too. I had a cheeseburger and it was quite nice! We took a look at our maps and decided to go to Phantom Manor. We thought the wait here
would be nearly an hour and we were prepared to wait that long but we were inside in about 15minutes! :D/
Next up was BIGTHUNDERMOUNTAIN! Oh it was so exciting! I love it so much! We went then to fastpass Buzzlightyear. On our way over we saw the train pass! We had a look around discoveryland and went to the Les Mystéres du Nautilus as there
was no wait for it and we hadnt been before. We had a look at the waittime for space mountain and it was 40minutes so we would miss our time for Buzz if we went on Spacemountain. Instead we went to Honey
I shrunk the audience, it was brilliant! Loved the bit at the end with the dog!

Next was Buzzlightyear. Buzz was great!:) a few targets werent working but it was still great fun. my score was 83500!:) After we went over to the studios! The wait for the tower of terror was only 15minutes, how ever Crushcoaster was 70minutes!
We went straight for the Tower of Terror! I hadnt been on this before, the last time I was here it was only being finished off! It was brilliant I loved it!:) The whole set up before was just brilliant aswell!
After The tower of terror we went to the Studio Tram Tour I was a small bit dispointed with this as I thought there was more scenes, but the truck scene was just unreal! I had my camera ready to video it.. thank god I put it away!!
After the Studio Tram Tour, the studios were closing, so we decided to head for the village for dinner. We went to King Ludwigs castle. it was really nice. I had ceaser salad and steak! Yummy! After King Ludwigs castle we had another quick look
in the disneyshop and headed back to the hotel.

Day3: We got up late today and we were in the park at 12. I was kind of annoyed because I hate wasting time in Disneyland. We headed straight for Spacemountain and we were lucky as the fastpass time was for 12.30. We fastpassed Space Mountain and then went to get drinks. It was very very hot today! We went on Spacemountain, the ques even with fastpass were really long and the corridors inside were absolutly boiling. Space mountain was great, although I did feel a little dizzy after!
Next we went over to fasspass BigThunder again! The fastpass time was for 16.00. We then took a look at the maps to book somewhere for dinner as we were going to be celebrating my 18th birthday! :) I wanted to go to Walts but it was closing at 3.30
and we didnt want to have dinner then. We thought we would try the Blue Lagoon in Adventureland. The menu here was a little too exotic for us! We said we would try somewhere else. Next up was Pirates of the Caribeen but it was closed for some reason.
There was a cast member there telling people why it was closed but I didnt understand her as she was talking in French. Next was lunch. We headed for the Toad Hall Resturant in Fantasyland. It was very busy but we managed to get a table. We stayed here for awhile, as it had got very hot outside. After lunch we headed to "its a small world". Aww I love this. It is so cute! :) There was only a wait time of about 5minutes and it was nice and cool inside aswell! After "its a small world" we went to the Fantasyland trainstation to get the train to Frontierland
there was a 35minute wait for the train but we didnt mind. We got right up the front!
We got off in Frontierland and went quickly to the mistyshower things to cool off and then went to BigThunder! :) yay! It was as good as ever!
Next up we headed to the Studios in hope that the que for Crush would be shorter.. We were wrong. It was still 70minutes! The que for the tower of terror was only 5minutes so we went on this again  :D ! When we got off the it was near closing time so we thought the que for Crush might be
smaller, but we were wrong.. We were going to go on the Rock N Roll Rollercoaster but the wait time was 30mintues, however the tower of terror was still only 5minutes... so we went on AGAIN! We then headed for Planet Hollywood in the Disneyvillage as my birthday meal. It was lovely! We shared
starters and then I had pasta for maincourse.. I was too full for desert though! Next we went to the disneyshop, I got my grumpy zip-up hoodie :) and a disney glass! We headed back to the hotel then for drinks..

Day 4: Last day :(. We headed in earlier for 10am. We had a look in the Disneyhotel! Oh its so beautiful! I am going to stay here when I win the lotto!! We had a look in a couple of shops on the way down towards Fantasyland. We saw that Peter Pans flight was fast pass for 10.30. Perfect! Although when we put in our tickets the fastpass
was for 13.00. That was really annoying because we had lots of things to do with fastpass and couldnt do it now until after 13.00.
Grrr. We went to Blanche-Neige et les Sept Nains and to Les voyages de Pinocchio. The carriages went so fast, you could barely see half of it! Next we headed over to the studios to que for Crush. The que still said 70minutes.. at this stage
we thought there might be something wrong with the timer.. how wrong were we! We were queing for 1hour 40minutes! It was good.. I did feel sick getting off though! Next was lunch. We went to the fastfood place in Studio 1. The parks were really busy today and we were quing for about 30minutes for
"fast"food!! My dad had gone over to Buzz while we were queing for Crush to get fastpasses for Buzz. So Buzz was next on the list. I didnt do aswell this time! 60500! After, while we were looking at our pictures i found €5 on the ground.. I looked around and there was nobody else other then my family there and they didnt loose it so I kept it!! :) yay! Next some of the others went to Star Tours as we made our way to the Dragon underneath the Castle.
It was cool! and we also found a shop selling Christmas decorations! Thank God! Because someboday broke one at home so we could now replace it! Next we went to Pirates of the Caribeen. Oh I loved this so much! We should have done it again! It was just so cool! After Pirates we went to La Cabane des Robinson, but it was closed :(
We went next to Fasspass bigthunder 1last time. our fasspasses were for 19.30. we headed for the mistshowers! and then we went and bought a few things in the frontierland shop. Then it appeared that Bigthunder had broke down. :( it was closed and there were people everywhere! We asked a worker and she said it was broken down
but as soon as it was fixed anyone with fasspasses could go on, she also said the ques would be reallly long, we decided we would skip Big Thunder :( boo hoo. Oh well, at least we got on it twice! The we headed for Main Street USA to finish off shopping! I got a few pins, glasses, a mickey teddy, and other bits. I liked that this time the shops
had small sale sections aswell :). We then went to Plaza Gardens for dinner. Yummy! When we came out Disneyland was emptying :( our day was over in the disneypark. We took one last look in the storybook store before heading out and back to the hotel and packing to leave :( :cry:

We had such a brilliant time in Disneyland Resort Paris! I cant wait to come back next year!! Everyting was really good, although we did find some of the cast members to be a little rude. Two of them were nasty to my small brother in a shop when we was queing and when my mother went up
they pretended not to understand what she was talking about.. saying they didnt understand English..  really thought this was bad as it is Disneyland! And another Castmember when I asked him about a certain Pin, he seemed bothered I was asking a question. Ohwell. Everything else was fab! Thanks for reading.. and pictures are to follow!!:D
 :D
Disneyland Trips]
August 2004
Christmas 2007]
Next Trip]

Aveen2008

Hey Corkgirl,

welcome back!

Thanks for sharing your trip report! Sounds like you have a really busy time. The 'thing' on the bus sounds disgusting! I think it would have made me sick. You should put in a complaint because that is really not on. :(

I can just imagine how hot it must have been but you still got loads done!! Happy birthday as well! :D . Sad that some of the attractions were closed but at least you got most of them done! There is a shop in the castle that sells christmas stuff all year round so if you ever need some replacements head in there hehe! :D

sorry to hear about some cast members not being very friendly.. I hope the majority were. they will probably hate me in sep as I hope to do loads of pin trading hehe! :D

Can't wait to see your pics! :D/

Thanks again! =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Hi corkgirl

Pleased to see you had a fab time overall.  I must say this is one of a few reports which had such late starts in the parks, I take it you didn't have the use of EMH anyway..  :)

I had a feeling that week would have been hot, just off our weather..  :mrgreen:

Sorry to hear about the experiences with a couple of Cms, I must admit of all the times I've been there, I've never met a rude CM in a boutique, they always seem happy and when spoken to tend to make conversation, this could be more due to having Jen around mind asking questions..  :mrgreen: Saying that I have seen a few moody CMs preparing for a parade a few times..  :o

Pleased to hear you are looking forward to going back next year..  :D/

Thanks again for sharing, looking forward to the photos..  :wink:  :D

kiki_304

Great report.  Glad you had a great time.

:D

Can't wait to see the pics.

corkgirl

Yeah we did have late starts  :( we didnt have the early hours though.. there was 6 of us there so I wasnt allowed to dictate what time we went into the parks!!  :P  The heat and all the walking really wore us out! I can say that I slept so well last night!

I cannot wait to come back next year! It will be with my friends after we finish school.. we are going to go to Paris for a week and spend 2/3days in Disneyland  :D/

I didnt know about the Christmas shop atall!! Im obsessed with Christmas and I was in Disneyland around Christmas time in 2007 and I personally think its the best time to go as its not as crowded or hot!!! I was so happy when we saw it!!  :D/

I must say it was only a couple of cast members were rude.. and this is the 1st time in the 3times that We have been to Disneyland, that we have come across rude cast members. Almost all of them are very friendly and helpful!

Thanks again for reading... Im just about to upload the photos to the computer so they will come soon!  :wink:
Disneyland Trips]
August 2004
Christmas 2007]
Next Trip]

never2old

Lovely trip report, happy to hear you had such a great time, despite the heat, queues and some rude CMs... Very jealous you got to go on TOT so many times with such little wait time, it's one of my fave rides!!!

Looking forward to your pics