Animation Courtyard Place-Making

Started by Kristof, June 08, 2006, 02:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

Those pictures are amazing, but not very "toony". If Animation Courtyard becomes Toon Studios, I don't think we can look forward to classic/lush theming like that. I'm expecting something similarly bright to what we have now.  :cry:
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"The parade would have to leave the park between the Art of Disney and Imaginations building, right?  

No, it would not. However: it won't.  :wink:

The parade route will end right there between the Carpets and Animagique for some more time to come.

Dlrpfan

thx for clearing that on up experiment627
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

penfold12

The camels were used in the Aladdin Parade from MGM Studios from the 1990's. The used to travel as part of the parade spitting at the crowd. When the parade finished they were put in storage, untill this attraction opend. But your right, its all the little plussings that make the Disney magic, so with a little luck this placemaking will really help WDSP

Maarten

Quote from: "Kris"Those pictures are amazing, but not very "toony". If Animation Courtyard becomes Toon Studios, I don't think we can look forward to classic/lush theming like that. I'm expecting something similarly bright to what we have now.  :cry:

Well, the camels look toony to me. And to add some lush theming in Animation Courtyard can really live up the place. Its all plastic, concrete and asphalt now. Lush landscaping fitting the theme would be something different for once. :?

Anthony

I think it's definitely possible to have a toon-ish area with nice landscaping and more "solid" (less plasticy) themeing.  If you look at the concept arts for Toon Studios, there's nothing really Toony about it, it's a much more industrial Toon look than they used for Toon Town.  I think that's probably the reasoning behind it - they want to save the really over-the-top Toony stuff for a future Toon Town, so need to distinguish Toon Studios as a more industrial area.  The newer concept art also showed amazing lanscaping as well as an industrial look, so fingers crossed!

I think those camels would fit in perfectly, the area in front of the attraction will need more than just an extra sand dune.  What makes me laugh at the moment is how they've actually attempted to theme that area... with a box.

Take a look:

You can even see guests stood admiring the excellent themeing work!

Anthony

That new MiceAge article also gives some clearer new info about what the new Toon Studios/Animation Courtyard might be like:

QuoteDescribing the transformation of the area by saying it is "no longer a real world studio, but a realm of fantasy", Peter Bell comments on the large ToonTown backdrop and the "honey-coloured" flagstones, which will apparently also be used across the whole of the current Animation Courtyard area. He suggests Art of Disney Animation and Animagique buildings will receive new colour schemes of "purples and blues" and gives one of the clearest descriptions yet of the new entrance statue and Sorcerer's Hat decorations:

Finally, the new land will be separated from its fellows by an impressive new entrance way. A golden statue of Mickey in his sorcerer's robes will stand on a plinth, opposite the Art of Animation building, his wand raised towards the giant sorcerer's hat. The wand will be emitting a beam of magical energy, arcing into the air as far as the parade route, where it will cut off, only to reappear on the other side, falling to Earth at the foot of the hat.

From this point, wide loops and spirals of golden energy will wind up towards the peak, where a golden figure of Tinker Bell will perch, her own wand raised. Tink won't be alone though. The golden figures of Peter Pan and the Darling children, currently in orbit around Cinderella's castle in Florida (shown above) will be transplanted to Paris, flying around the hat to meet Tink. Some concept artwork has already leaked out, and I can assure you that it looks terrific - a true return to Disney form.
from WDSFans.com

Your thoughts?

Anthony

From the Toon Studios topic:
Quote from: "raptor1982"Maybe they will.  When they're going to repaint the Animagique building, they'll have scaffolding up anyway, so it wouldn't be that hard to replace one number?
Which makes me think of something... if they're really going to repaint Studio 3 blue (or whatever colour), won't it look odd from Front Lot and outside of the park?  From Frontlot you'll see Studios 1 and 2 both yellow, plus every other building sight the same yellow colour... and then this large blue building the corner.  :? I'm not sure that they would only repaint one side of it, either, but we'll see...

The Butlin Boy

Perhaps they will keep the front (facing main entrance) the same, maybe they could make the two colours fuse together in the middle (if you know what I mean!) :idea:

Maarten

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Perhaps they will keep the front (facing main entrance) the same, maybe they could make the two colours fuse together in the middle (if you know what I mean!) :idea:

I hope, and I am convinced too, that they will leave the front of Studio 3/Animagique yellow. From the entrance side the Walt Disney Studios should remain the same, it's fine as it is. Besides that, no one can see this side of the building from Animation Courtyard/Toon Studios; it doens't calsh with the toony/animation theme if it will remain yellow.

And about fusing the two colours in the middle of the building made me wonder; is it possible for Disney to repaint the white roofs of both Animagique and Cinemagique? At the official parkmap and even on some old painting and maquettes you can see that they intended to have yellow roofs insteeds of white ones.

Kristof

I highly doubt they can paint those, since they are some kind of tents.

penfold12

When you say the roof structure is some form of tent, do you mean similar to the millenium dome in London?

I take it that this was simply a good way to build the roofing, and that they are not intended to be tempory structures?

Anthony

Quote from: "penfold12"When you say the roof structure is some form of tent, do you mean similar to the millenium dome in London?
Possibly, but I don't think the roofs of Studio 2 and 3 are fabric... it's more a plastic-y thing.

They would be hard to paint, and I think they should definitely stay white - it looks great with the yellow, very summery and Californian.

Anthony

We're closing this topic now, since the Animation Courtyard Place-Making has become a part of the larger Toon Studio project.  The entire land will become one single zone, named Toon Studio, so we think it'll make more sense to discuss all the enchancements in one main topic:

ยป Toon Studio

:ears: