N2O's Halloween trip, 11-12 October

Started by never2old, October 13, 2008, 08:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiguelGarcia

I really liked the Studios, I must say.
They are quite beautifully decorated, and, although a different one, there is still some form of magic going on.
Plus, they offer some great rides and sows!

toonarmylass

he he he you have done it to me again. btw that item was posted yesterday morning!!

never2old

Last chapter !!!

So, after failing to get anywhere near certain elevators in the Studios, we headed back to DLP.

First destination, Frontierland, for some fastpass tickets for BTM (I could spend days and days there.... how I missed a VIP fastpass!!!) – then back towards Central Plaza, to catch the Villains Halloween show.

The show was excellent, definitively a highlight for all of us. The music was great, taking songs from the different films, and there was something about seeing Jafar and Maleficent dancing like that... very funny! =D> =D> Miguel and his girlfriend stayed a bit behind (sitting on the fence... young people these days, really  :roll: No energy left in them!!!) while I went to film the show closer to the stage. I left them my camera, so that they could take some pictures (hopefully without any fingers in the middle, this time....)

(this one I took with my video camera...)

Just before the show started, I spotted someone who looked familiar, standing right next to the stage... Wasn't sure it was him until I saw his camera – then I knew it had to be the Disney God himself, Kristof! But I was too shy to go and say hello  :oops:  

After the show we took some more picture (hiding from the crowds, in the path by Frontierland....)

... said hello to the royalty...

before heading back to IASW, which fortunately was working again, and didn't have too much of a queue.

I don't think it was Miguel's favourite ride.... But I was the one in charge, so I didn't care - one cannot just go to DLRP and not ride it at least once!! Although I was kind enough to not make them go twice in a row...

By then we were starving, and just in time for lunch, booked in one of the best restaurants in DLRP (and probably the whole of Paris), Agrabah Café =P~

The food was as delicious as ever, the place fairly quiet (and no waiting in line in the buffet), the setting is just perfect... all in all a very good meal!! I'm already looking forward to going again in December...

After lunch (and with very full stomachs) we were just in time for our fastpasses in Big Thunder Mountain (fortunately there were no accidents and everyone kept their meals in their stomachs...). Then it was time to get a spot to film the Halloween pre parade – so we went back to the start of the parade, by Bella Notte.

We had decided not to see the OUAD parade again, and to go back to the Studios instead. So after the Halloween parade went past us, we started to walk down Main Street -  only to stop again by Casey's Corner (just in time for the parade stop) If I thought Jack  :jack:  was good before, after seeing him dance I thought he was perfect!! He moved just like Jack should, it was brilliant!! Of course there were too many people in front of me to allow me to make any half decent pictures (or film), but nevermind, I still had a very good view – and sometimes it's just better to forget about cameras and enjoy things live instead of through a camera!

And once they were off again, so where we, and again just in time to catch them again at the end of Main Street  :P

After seeing the parade for the 4th time in two days (not bad at all  :D/), we said our goodbyes to Disneyland :cry:, and with heavy hearts walked back to the Studios.

By now it was around 17:30, and first stop again was the information board – which still advertised a 45 minutes (or was it 1 hour? I'm not sure anymore...) queue for Tower of Terror. Why can't people just go somewhere else??? Since Cinemagique was about to start, so we went there instead.

Now I had only done Cinemagique once before, many years ago, and my memories of it where a bit blurred... Shame on me... It was so good! And the bit with the sword, whoa!! We all loved it  =D>

After Cinemagique, and seeing the queues in ToT were still too long for our liking, we went for the Art of Animation, which I had never done before. Again very enjoyable, and the bit with Mushu was really good fun! Unfortunately the drawing lesson bit was closed for the day, but we still had a good look around (I really liked the bit with the faces in the cylinders, where changing the eyes and mouths you get all the different expressions).

By then it was 18:45, so we gave the ToT one last try... And eureka   :stitch_bounce: Queues were now only 25 minutes, so we rushed inside (bellboy Goofy was just at the door but no time to loose... sorry Goofy!).

We got through the reception and library to the machines room fairly quickly, then we had to wait a bit for our rooms to be ready... I had been looking forward to this the whole weekend (no, since I had booked the trip months before), my only regret is not being able to do it more than once (where is a VIP fastpass when you need one!). It's so exhilarating! Brilliant!! And when the doors opened, we had a great view of the parks at nightfall, just gorgeous... Perfect end for a fantastic weekend....

By the time we got safely back to the ground, we had to head straight for the train station, get our bags, and wait for our train back to the real world...

Two days are really not enough, particularly if everything's so busy. A third day would have been just right.... So that we would have had time to do some shopping (first time ever I didn't buy anything for myself!!!), see all the shows (we didn't have time for Minnie and the Batboys or Goofy's Cauldron), and go on a few rides a few more times...

Still, had a great trip, Miguel and his girlfriend really enjoyed it and are already thinking of going back, and I'm no longer the only person in my family addicted to DLRP... The Halloween season was excellent fun, I'm already looking forward to next years!! Hope they keep Jack and Sally, and maybe even have more Nightmare Before Christmas characters...  

And it's been a real pleasure to share this with you all, so thank you very much  :D !!

toonarmylass

thankyou sis i really enjoyed that.

magic_823

Hey i really enjoyed your trip report - love the pics !
Hallow'een is defo a great time to go! :D

never2old

Thanks  :D

Riebi

Greetings to Luxembourg just a step away from me!

Nice trip report from you N2O! Really enjoyed the show! Twelf points, douze points! Thanks!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for posting this great report, and those great pics, I've really enjoyed reading it. I'm glad you all had a great trip as well :)

ColdSun

great report, great pictures...very well done =D> ! Happy to read that you had such a nice time despite having only 2 days. But I think you really made the most out of it!

dagobert

Great trip report never2old. I enjoyed reading it. Your pictures are also great. thanks for sharing. I hope that we can go to DLRP during Halloween season in the future.

Soap

Thanks for sharing! Enjoyed the report and pictures big time, real quality!  :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

never2old

Thank you everyone!!!  :D

SophieD

great trip report N20!! I really enjoyed reading it and looking at all your photos!!

MiguelGarcia I love your Nightmare before Christmas Hoodie!! I want one!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

MiguelGarcia

Quote from: "SophieD"great trip report N20!! I really enjoyed reading it and looking at all your photos!!

MiguelGarcia I love your Nightmare before Christmas Hoodie!! I want one!
It's a gift from my sister, and yes, I really like it too ;)

never2old

I finally got round creating a YouTube account, here are a couple of videos from our trip (they're both available to play in high resolution)

First the Halloween pre parade...

[youtube:1q7lbyje]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St0Q9VcNDjU[/youtube:1q7lbyje]

And of course the Character Train!

[youtube:1q7lbyje]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCpJXvIp1O4[/youtube:1q7lbyje]

Enjoy!