N2O's Halloween trip, 11-12 October

Started by never2old, October 13, 2008, 08:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Thanks for the great trip report. Your pictures are great. I hope to go to DLRP during Halloween sometime in the future. The parks is very well decorated.

Can't wait for the rest.

ColdSun

The report and the pics are absolutely great! Jack and Sally look adorable, I hope I can go and meet them myself maybe next year or the year after...

never2old

Next chapter!

After Frontierland, we headed towards Adventureland. Since the queue for POTC was a little too long (45 minutes), we went to Adventure Isle instead.

We found the treasure in the caves!

Unfortunately the suspended bridge was closed

But that didn't stop us from jumping up and down elsewhere....

Since the queue in POTC was still 45 minutes, we headed towards Fantasyland! Which as you can imagine, on a Saturday, with nice weather.... well, it was packed! The queues by Peter Pan were mad - and the waiting time and fastpass screens were still not working. Everywhere you looked there were crowds!

We did Alice's Labyrinth next. As you can see, by now the clouds were gone and we had a beautiful, warm sunny day!

I love the Labyrinth, and on a sunny day... well it's great! Though as it has been said by many before, it's in serious need of repair... Hardly any of the effects were working! One of the Queens was gone, though, so maybe it means she's being fixed...

We then had a little walk around Fantasyland, slowly making our way to the Castle

After a visit to the gallery in the Castle, and the dragon under the Castle, it was time to get a spot for the parade...

More to follow!

Mr_B

Excellent report so far and the pictures are fab.

Looking forward to more  :)

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

never2old

Third chapter!!

After visiting the castle, we went to find a spot for the parade, and headed towards Bella Notte. It was still fairly quiet around there (Main Street was already quite packed) and we could get a nice spot in the first row...

Soon the This is Halloween song started playing, and the pre parade was on its way!

Some pumpkin men and women....

Then Jack and Sally!

Followed by more pumpkins....

And then of course the Villains!!

Absolutely brilliant!! The music was perfect, the pumpkin men and women were great (loved their dancing), Jack and Sally of course were faultless, and the Villains at the end were great! Shan Yu was particularly scary.... And Miguel was singled out by the Pumpkin King himself (we like to think that he recognized him from earlier...)

My only regret though was not having my video camera with me – so I told Miguel and his gf that we were going to have to come back and see it again on Sunday, so that I could film it...

A few minutes later, the OUAD parade headed our way.

Mickey and Minnie were wearing their Halloween costumes

The princesses float was not there, so they were walking....

They also stopped right in front of us, and danced just for us! It was really beautiful, I had never seen them dancing during the parade before.

And then it was time for the floats to start moving again...

After the parade we took some fastpasses for Buzz Lightyear; we tried to do Space Mountain, but queue was too long. Then we headed for HISTA, but after we got there they told us they were closed for the moment because of technical issues... We gave up on doing any more rides before dinner (we had booked for 18:30 in the Plaza Gardens) and had a bit of a walk around the park.

Of course when we heard the Tous en Train song, we rushed to it...

I love that song!!!

By then it was dinner time, and my camera's battery was dying... So not many pictures from then on!

I had never been to the Plaza Gardens before, and it was very pleasant!! It was relatively early so not too crowded. The food was nice, and there was enough choice for everyone. And it was a wonderful break for our feet and legs...

After dinner we went straight to POTC, where by this time of the evening the queue was down to a very decent 10 minutes. One of my favourite rides! The sword fight scene wasn't looking at its best, but everything else was perfect!

After it, we walked down to BTM. It was getting darker and darker and the park was looking beautiful – I particularly like adventureland and Frontierland by night, they get really dark, it's wonderful!

Since the queue was 45 minutes in BTM, and Candleabration was on, we went back towards the Castle to see the end of the show. Then back to BTM, were the queue was now only 40 minutes :roll:, but since we really wanted to do it, we waited anyway... It was our first real queue, so far we had done quite well at avoiding them, so we couldn't really complain. And of course at the end it was all worth it, I still think it's even better at night!!

After BTM it was time to use our fastpasses in Buzz Lightyear, so we headed back to Discoveryland (via the most beautiful castle in the world)

Buzz was great fun (we had a blast... lol.....) – although my score was just over the 100.000, even though we stopped several times (once right in front of the first Zorg, and I still couldn't hit the hidden target  ](*,) )

We finished our day in Honey I Shrunk the Audience, which was working again, or so they told us – I guess we chose the worst seats possible, because neither the mice, nor the sneeze at the end were working for us. It was a shame because neither Miguel nor his girlfriend had done HISTA before, and it's a lot more fun when everything works...

After that, it was time to go to bed... We walked back to the Santa Fe, and by the time I came out of the shower, Miguel and his girlfriend were both asleep...

Day 2 to follow!

Frederico

wow, it looks like you had a great time and you hve got some great photos. I cant wait to go back.

Halloween has got to be the best season  :D/
Talkin \'bout the midnight rambler

burntsienna

Wow I love your photographs! and your trip report on a whole! I can't wait to see and read more :D  =D>
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

MiguelGarcia

Great report. It's being great reliving all those great moments. Quite tough on the emotional side, but... It's great to remember from while to while that life does offer you some wonderful moments.

bigrossco

MINNIE WAS IN SANTA FE! dam i never saw her :'(

which block and room was you in?

I was in block 40 rm 19
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

MiguelGarcia

We were in block 32, room 22.

never2old

Quote from: "bigrossco"MINNIE WAS IN SANTA FE! dam i never saw her :'(

which block and room was you in?

I was in block 40 rm 19

We saw her Saturday morning, around 10:30.... I guess you were already in the parks!!

never2old

Thank you all for your comments! It's a real pleasure sharing the trip with you all

Sunday 12th October

Sunday started early - really early! Of course if one has to get up early on a Sunday, doing so for Extra Magic Hours is one of the best possible reasons.... So breakfast at 7 (nice and quiet, although there were more people than I had expected), then back to the room to finish packing, and then to the bus stop! We had our bags with us (we were going to drop them off in the station), so bus sounded better than walking....

When I went to drop off the key in the reception, Mickey was there waiting for us!

Now I take my brother and his girlfriend on a wonderful trip to DLRP, for Halloween when they could meet their favourite characters Jack and Sally, I choose a weekend when the weather is so wonderful it could be summer. I take them on the best rides and manage to avoid any significant queues. And how does my brother pay me back?? How you ask??? By taking the worst possible picture, sticking his finger right in front of the flash #-o!!

Fortunately for him I know how to use a simple camera, so I could take a nicer one....

Then we were off to the bus stop, just in time to see this beautiful sky!!

One last goodbye to the hotel....

And off to the magic!! We quickly left our bags in the station, and headed straight to the park. It was way past 8:00 so there was no time to loose!!

After enjoying a fairly quiet Main Street with beautiful blue skies...

... we headed straight to Discoveryland and Buzz Lightyear!! There was just a 5 minute wait (mostly caused by people stopping to film Buzz), so in no time we were blasting off Zs... Needless to say once more I got the best score of us three (he he he), but still we hadn't had enough, so we went out and tried to go straight back in - but it was not to be - they had just closed it down (technical fault). So unfair!!! What I like most about EMH is being able to do Buzz several times in a row with no queue whatsoever, this was so frustrating :x  !!!!

After seeing Space Mountain advertised a 30 minutes queue, we turned around and headed to Fantasyland.

We went straight to Peter Pan - again a must during EMH, where there was no queue whatsoever. This is probably my favourite ride in Fantasyland, it's just so beautiful! My brother and his gf were also very happy with it - it's just magical! We then headed to Pinocchio (Monstro the whale was working perfectly, with lightning and all, it was wonderful to see it like that again!). Snow White was closed (only opening at 10h), so we went for Peter Pan again (a few more people waiting by now, but nothing serious), then we went for the Teacups. Miguel got a bit carried away there, he was spinning our cup and laughing like a maniac :twisted:, but we somehow managed to survive...

We then headed back to Discoveryland, where Buzz was working again (and advertised a 25 minute queue, but seeing it was going to be as good as we were going to have for that day, we went in anyway). Third time lucky for me, I managed to hit the hidden target in the first Zorg and ended with a very decent score of 220.000, not my best but good enough (and much much better than the other two, may I add... he he he  :mrgreen:) After Buzz it was time for Space Mountain, where the waiting time still said 30 minutes but ended up being more like 10 minuntes, no complaints there. Brilliant ride, managed to protect my knees quite well to avoid any permanent injuries, so it was all pure joy. Wonderful!! My brother came out as excited as I was, his girlfriend though did look a bit pale, and wasn't up to going on it again....

By now it was getting close to 10:00, so we decided to join the queue for It's a Small World, only to be told after 10 minutes that the ride was closed for now (another broken down ride.... I was starting to take it personally :-s!!) So we headed for Snow White, before the crowds got to it (still think it's rather scary)

The park was starting to fill up, the EMH were over, so it was time to head to the Studios!

To be continued....

toonarmylass

ggrrrrrrrrrrrr will you stop doing that i want to hear the reast lol so far so jealous he he he

MiguelGarcia

You are destroying my artistic soul!
Can't you see the beauty in that pic I took of you and Mickey?
It wasn't an accident for my finger to be placed in front of the flash.
I only wanted to create an intimate atmosphere. But there you go, you ruined it!

Great report, love reading these  =D>

never2old

Quote from: "toonarmylass"ggrrrrrrrrrrrr will you stop doing that i want to hear the reast lol so far so jealous he he he

Well, I'm trying to make it last as much as I can, you see  :roll: ... Because it's like doing it all over again! And I don't want it to end  :cry: .... But it was a short trip, and the end is near...

Quote from: "MiguelGarcia"You are destroying my artistic soul!
Can't you see the beauty in that pic I took of you and Mickey?
It wasn't an accident for my finger to be placed in front of the flash.
I only wanted to create an intimate atmosphere. But there you go, you ruined it!

Great report, love reading these =D>

No excuses!!! The one thing you have to do during the whole trip, and you ruined it!! If I never take you with me again, you'll know why  :wink: !!

Anyway, to the Studios!

My brother had been to DLP before, but never to the Studios, and he was quite excited about it. And I may have been going on and on about how cool the ToT was, so we were all really looking forward to it!!

First things first, we rushed towards the information panel to check waiting times.... And to our horror ToT had already a 60 minutes line!! No worries, we'll get a fastpas.... Only by this time (not even 11:00) they were already for late in the afternoon... No good for us since we had to see the parade in DLP! There was no way we were standing for 1 hour in line, with so many things to do. So we decided to do other things in the Studios, and then come back later before they closed (and before our train) and try and do ToT then.

I guess we were not the only ones doing DLP on Saturday and WDS on Sunday, because they were packed. Crush Coaster had its usual 90 minute wait (I think I'm doomed never to go on it again), the Flying Carpets had 60 minutes, even RNRC had over 30 minutes – though I confess that I wasn't too worried about missing that one... it's the one ride that terrifies me.... Once a year is more than enough for me, thank you very much!

We headed to the Studio Tram Tour first, small queue there. I'm sure I've said it before but I'll say it again, the Catastrophe Canyon is brilliant (I hadn't told my brother and his gf what it was about, so they were quite surprised), the rest of the ride is not so good... We did have a very good CM on board, doing his own (quite funny) commentary... It's the first time I had someone doing that, it was a really nice change! Not sure how official his commentary was, though... He did say that some bits were boring and mocked the video commentary – I though he was hilarious!

After the Tram Tour, fastpasses were all gone for ToT (as was to be expected), and we headed to Animagique, just in time before it started. Unfortunately in the race to get there in time we couldn't stop to meet any of the many characters that were around – Queen of Hearts, the White Rabbit, Tigger.... But with only two days to do as many things as possible, sacrifices must be made! Though we did stop for Cruella...

Animagique is a beautiful show, but it's a shame they still don't have the full cast, so some scenes looked a bit empty... but maybe that's only if you've seen it many times before with everything was it should be. And that didn't stop any of us from enjoying the show, really...

When we came out, queues had done nothing but growing even more. We went for a coffee and a sandwhich the Café Cafe (breakfast seemed a long time ago, and we were getting hungry by then. We had a little walk around Toon Studio, enjoying the lovely day (honestly, could have been the middle of August!) and then headed back to Disneyland.

More to follow soon....