Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TowMater

I see that the Magical Moments page haven't been updated yet and the parade is having an impact in it, when is the parade kicking off with the new show stops?
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Festival Disney

First videos of the parade with the new showstops are up. They don't seem to be working all that well (no suprise really, we know Europeans prefer to watch).
But there are some nice new costumes, and the boys in blue (in front of Dreams of imagination) seem to be sticking around.
I don't really like them, because the performers are playing with the kids, it takes away from the overall experience for everyone else, as they aren't doing a routine  :(
[youtube:1sluvj56]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFhtKmaPxPE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/youtube:1sluvj56]
[youtube:1sluvj56]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caSa3cgXwc4&feature=autoplay&list=ULbwutWSxd8cg&index=24&playnext=1[/youtube:1sluvj56]
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

ed-uk

Thanks for posting. I like the original stops better, but I think some children will have fun joining in, and I expect Mum and Dad will enjoy watching them.
Ed & David

ulak

This showstops look so... boring :(
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

alternativerock123

I agree too, I like to see the performers do their dance, especially the princesses with their princes. (Also the Mad Hatter / with cards =P  )

I agree thought it will be nice for the kids and their parents, but for everyone else, it is pretty boring. =(
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

ulak

Quote from: "alternativerock123"I agree thought it will be nice for the kids and their parents, but for everyone else, it is pretty boring. =(

I agree with this! For everyone else is it VERY boring.... :(
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Festival Disney

Some videos of the extra performers. Not sure about the blue coat people up the front, I prefered Chip'n Dale and Pluto!
The bee's are nice though. Why did they have to mess around with something that was good! If anything needs messing around with, it's Fantillusion. They need way more CM's on that parade than what there are.
[youtube:3j9l9z40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_CMbANksVs&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:3j9l9z40]
[youtube:3j9l9z40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTwolQMRQH8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/youtube:3j9l9z40]
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Columbiad

I agree. I understand how these interactive sections cane tbe too strictly routined, as who knows how the kids are gonna react to it. I feel like they've missed a beat with these - i think the Prince/Princess one, very cute, but the others and very general, and are a missed opertunity for something a bit more unique.

Would it have been too difficult to work in new music to each of the stops? Or some of the masked character's talking?

captain rocket

The show stops appear to be great if you are one of the kids selected or their parents,excruciatingly boring for everyone else, imagine trying to explain to your kid that they are'nt one of the "lucky ones" and the repercusions of that! At least at character meet and greets you can wait your turn,but this is just so random that it is bound to lead to heartache for so many children. Bad bad move.

Aurora

Stilll thinking about what to think about the new show stops( where is Belle... ;) ) As a mother I would love to see my child dancing with a prince... or anyone else. As a spectator,  I don`t know yet. Maybe it gets better seeing the whole parade..
...should I maybe teach my daughter the waltz?   ( I`m still thinking here...)
Anyway I`m looking forward on going in October
Aurora

15MagicalYears

So dissapointed, yet again the older audience is left out/forgotten about.
I just think they look so tacky and plain now, the older stops looked much better.

Josh

At least it's only for a year. They might improve as the year goes on.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

littlemermaid83

Hopefully during halloween there will be no show stops again. I'm not impressed with the show stops. Obv I would be excited if my Daughter was chosen but I can obv see the other point of view. So please no show stops for Halloween.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

tinkswishes

When I showed DD she said I wish I could dance with the princess's. I doutbt shell get  chosen so will be one uspet  lil girl along with loads of others. I think its a bit  unfair

Tuvok

I don't like these 'interactive' showstops. I definately prefer the 'old' showstops, especially with the Disney Princesses and Princes. Their dance routines were so magical! Love the new outfits for the performers though.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)