Pin suggestions.

Started by Barnsey313, September 02, 2008, 09:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnsey313

Hi, just wondered what you would like to see a pin made of... I love collecting them as mini souvenirs of every little bit of my stay but find some are missing...

Personally I'd like:-
La Taniere du Dragon
Big Thunder Mining Co.
Adventure Isle (Skull rock etc.)
More captain hook.
Big thunder mountain (either more of the ride or one of the actual mountain)
Steamboats

So what would you like to see...?

James.  :donald:

NB: I know some of these may of existed in the past when I didn't collect them.  :idea:

Pete's Dragon

Is it possible to get a pin with every character imaginable on it ? You know, like a giant one that would require its own suitcase for transportation,well maybe not that big, but you know what I mean.

Barnsey313

That would be good for the avid collector.... possibly a limited edition which looked something like the picture in your signature maybe? It would mean that only one pin had to be bought for all those characters which you like but not enough to want to shell out much money for.

burntsienna

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Is it possible to get a pin with every character imaginable on it ? You know, like a giant one that would require its own suitcase for transportation,well maybe not that big, but you know what I mean.

I'd certainly try and buy it!
Maybe if it were loads of normal sized pins...that could be connected like a puzzle to create one big pin!

I'd really like to see more pins of Walt Disney himself...I've only ever seen one with him on.

Ooo maybe a pin with that stuff on it where you move it and the image changes to another...can't think what it's called though! haha
But it would be good.  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Barnsey313

Quote from: "burntsienna"I'd certainly try and buy it!
Maybe if it were loads of normal sized pins...that could be connected like a puzzle to create one big pin!

That's a great idea, You could put just one on a lanyard then.

QuoteI'd really like to see more pins of Walt Disney himself...I've only ever seen one with him on.

I thought they did a series of walt disney tribute ones?

QuoteOoo maybe a pin with that stuff on it where you move it and the image changes to another...can't think what it's called though! haha

Holographic ones? I think they do have those but due to the extra cost of manufacture don't make many!

burntsienna

Quote from: "Barnsey313"That's a great idea, You could put just one on a lanyard then.

I thought they did a series of walt disney tribute ones?

Holographic ones? I think they do have those but due to the extra cost of manufacture don't make many!

Yeah plus that way you would be able to fit them in a suitcase :D
I don't know, I hope so...as then I can go and get some at some point.
I've just never seen any really, apart from one.

Yeah them =]
I'd really like one of the Evil Queen from Snow White...changing!
Or the Magic Mirror!
I'm going to look for them next time I'm there too  :mrgreen:

I'd like to see some classic styled characters. Like Mickey back in the days of Steamboat Willie, and some classic Donalds etc.
I've seen a couple of Steamboat Willie ones but that's pretty much it.
Maybe I'm just looking in all the wrong places....

Barnsey313

I think the walt disney series are/were limited edition they all have a character or movie etc. with a picture of walt in a frame.

QuoteI'd really like one of the Evil Queen from Snow White...changing!
Or the Magic Mirror!

Those would look really good as that type of pin, as for the classic versions of characters I don't think they sell them separately but I know there are some packs with multiple pins of the same character at different stages of drawing. (With date pins included):-

Here's an example of donald, minnie and mickey - (I think I've seen others too).

Pictures courtesy of original up-loader on pin pics

MinniesBestPal

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Is it possible to get a pin with every character imaginable on it ? You know, like a giant one that would require its own suitcase for transportation,well maybe not that big, but you know what I mean.

We have a picture on our wall downstairs like that, with all the characters on, but pins of only a few.

The pin characters are Cinderella, Tinkerbell, Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Snow white and Jiminy Cricket!

My grandma got it for us when she went to Florida a couple of years ago!

burntsienna

Quote from: "Barnsey313"I think the walt disney series are/were limited edition they all have a character or movie etc. with a picture of walt in a frame.

QuoteI'd really like one of the Evil Queen from Snow White...changing!
Or the Magic Mirror!

Those would look really good as that type of pin, as for the classic versions of characters I don't think they sell them separately but I know there are some packs with multiple pins of the same character at different stages of drawing. (With date pins included):-

Here's an example of donald, minnie and mickey - (I think I've seen others too).

Pictures courtesy of original up-loader on pin pics

Awww cool thanks!
I've seen the many Mickey one but never the other two, thanks for posting the pics!
I know what I'm going to look for next time I'm there  :mrgreen:

MizzRabbit

Actually, most of the pins you're talking about can be found on eBay. Laura, I have a GORGEOUS Walt pin! It's the pride of my collection! I think I'll post a pic of my pins later. You can find some awsome ones on eBay. I've bought 10 in the last month or so, but I don't go crazy and buy everything I like. I try to either pick ones I really like or stay within a theme.

How do you guys choose which pins to get?

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

burntsienna

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"Actually, most of the pins you're talking about can be found on eBay. Laura, I have a GORGEOUS Walt pin! It's the pride of my collection! I think I'll post a pic of my pins later. You can find some awsome ones on eBay. I've bought 10 in the last month or so, but I don't go crazy and buy everything I like. I try to either pick ones I really like or stay within a theme.

How do you guys choose which pins to get?

Aww wow!
Cool thanks Honey!!  :mrgreen:
I'm going to have a search right this very second!

Most of the time I tend to look at the pins, then hold them all and then work out how much it will cost for them all then decide which ones to put back, by rating them to do with size, detail etc lol!  :mrgreen:

MizzRabbit

That's basically what I do too. My aunt is going in October and I'm gonna give her money so she can buy the ones for me I didn't get on my last trip.

Could you post pics of all your pins everybody? I'd love to see them. And maybe share what kinds you like and collect and why?

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

burntsienna

Aww cool!
Yeah I will do, if I can find them all! haha
I recently bought the English flag Mickey Mouse head  :mrgreen:

MinniesBestPal

My camera's busted, so no photos I'm afraid!

But I can tell you which ones I collect!

From Florida, August 2005:

Crush the Turtle pin (after seeing Crush turtle talk!)
Little mermaid (after visiting the little mermaid!)
Tink with a denim heart with "tinkerbell" embroidered on (Cause it looked pretty!)
Disney MGM studios pin (My mum got me and my brother one each!)
And a winnie the pooh pin my brother gave me!

Paris, December 2005:
Sparkly "Studio minnie" with her sunglasses and feather boa! (One of my favourites!)
Sparkly Tink sitting in flowers
Sparkly Belle (in her wedding dress)
And for Christmas when we came back Snow White and her prince dancing

Paris, December 2007:

Winnie the Pooh with a hunny pot
Limited edition 15th with the castle
Limited edition 15th Mickey
Minnie Mouse dressed as tink (My absolute favourite!)
and for christmas when we came back, a big sparkly pin of Cinderella, Snow white and Aurora!

Barnsey313

I don't have a particular theme... that said I do tend to stray toward attractions. I do however only buy DLRP pin's...

I think a thread to display pin collections would be good or is there one already?