Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)

Started by Kristof, December 03, 2005, 09:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Not long to go for Germany, Belgium and France now! :D

Good news for Disney:

Pirates speed to $300m plunder record
Guardian Unlimited
Monday July 24, 2006

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest has become the fastest film ever to reach the $300m (£161.8m) mark at the US box office.

Dead Man's Chest's earnings so far of $321.7m (£173.5m) means that it has surpassed its predecessor's takings, 2003's The Curse of the Black Pearl, in only its third week on release.

It took another $35m last weekend to remain in top spot despite competition from a slew of new films.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest will hope to hold on to the top spot again next week, but at the very least it should become Disney's top-grossing movie of all time by passing the $339.7m mark set by Finding Nemo in 2003.

Kristof

It was released in Belgium yesterday!  Our local cinema was playing it 11 times  :o  during the day!!!

Boy oh boy what an ending  :shock:  You could hear the whole theatre gasp for breath.

Patrick

Hehe cool, I saw it now in German on Wednesday night, how random it is, I don't think the voice of Johnny Depp gets across that well in German.  But watching it in a 4D cinema is rather funny, there were effects, rather funny to get water when the characters on screen got wet, wind blown at us when there was any sight of wind and then getting our legs whipped when the kraken attacked :lol: .  I still love the movie even if I did not understand every word in German, so seen the movie now 3 times :D , must see it more.

Dlrpfan

wow cool 4d cinema!

i saw it last night and all i could say was omg when is the next one coming out!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Nala_84

We watched the film yesterday in the cinema. Really great, but some of the characters on the Flying Dutchman really looked a bit too scary for me  :lol:

Some scenes were just great, but concerning the story I like the first film a bit more ;)
And: What about Elizabeth??? I'm such a romantic type, why does she (does she?) fall in love with Jack? (Although Jack does look better than Will ;)) Do you think she'll marry Will in the third part anyways?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Patrick

Just to clear it up, she does not fall in love with Jack that is mostly a reason to make sure she can get him tied up on the boat and he remains there for the Kraken etc yada yada yada, all the rest is just random talking, don't understand how well that has been pulled off in the German language.

Anthony

Of course, in the typical soap opera-style, Will saw her kissing Jack.  He still seemed annoyed about it by the time they got back to Tia Dalma's, so there might be to this story uncovered in part 3.  Unless Will stops being dumb (unlikely) and realises she did it to save them...  :wink:  It's a nice love triangle though, definitely makes the end of the film more interesting.

By the way, was anyone else surprised by Elizabeth's line "I could have you right now if it weren't for these bars.." ?  I thought it was quite risqué for a Disney film... :lol:

Fantillusion

Seen it last night, enjoyed, nice to see the new disney logo!
-Craig

Nala_84

Yeah, I know she just wanted to trick on him ;) But, as Baloo already said, I guess she liked the taste of Jack's lips anyways and the fact that Will looked anoyed and Elizabeth cried after Jack at Tia Dalma's made me think....

But you're right, that surely makes the next film more exciting--oh nooo, so long to wait  :(
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Sam

I saw the movie today but unfortunately, I can't say I was impressed. The story is... well... unnecessary confusing (because there really ain't much of a story to begin with). You can cut half the movie and still get the massage across! A real mess that some added jokes and more special effects can't solve.

Nice Disney Pictures logo though. :)

Nala_84

QuoteThe story is... well... unnecessary confusing (because there really ain't much of a story to begin with).

That's exactly what I've though, Sam ;)! The story of the first film is much better and you can remember it better.
And yes, the new logo is great!! But--will they use it for every film now, even the animated or maybe hand-drawn films?
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

Yeah, it should be on every film now.  I'm not sure if they'll use it on the Pixar ones though, or if they'll stick to the Pixar-ized Disney castle... I guess we'll see with Ratatouille.

It's a shame they didn't have this logo ready for Narnia, it would have fitted that film perfectly.

Anthony

Pirates of the Caribbean sails into record books
Tuesday September 5, 2006
http://film.guardian.co.uk

Jack Sparrow is fast becoming the richest buccaneer of the seven seas. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is poised to earn $1bn (£526m) - only the third film ever to do so.

After nine consecutive weeks at the top of the international box-office, the movie has earned a total of $993m (£522m). The $1bn mark should be crossed on Friday, says studio Disney, whose executives are presumably rubbing their hands in glee.

The only other films to have earned more than $1bn are 1997's Titanic, which earned $1.7bn (£894m), and 2003's The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, which raked in $1.1bn (£578m).

This week, Pirates of the Caribbean hauled in another $11.6m (£6.1m) across 49 countries, thanks especially to its success in in France and Japan.

Crockett and Tubbs were powerless in the face of such might. Miami Vice came second but still grossed $7.7m (£4m), bringing its total tally to $64.5m.

Rounding off the top three is the animated feature Cars, which drove home $7.1m (£3.7m) in 34 countries. It has so far earned $172m (£90m) outside America.

Anthony

You probably know this already (I think half the planet received an email with the announcement), but here's the DVD:

And good news for UK people is we get it on 20th November, whereas the US gets it on 5th December! :P  A nice reversal there for once.

The Butlin Boy

Cool, In your face America, HA! :lol: