Your favourite DVD edition?

Started by experiment627, January 26, 2005, 07:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

experiment627

While devouring the beautiful new "Mary Poppins" DVD which is as lovely as the movie itself, I thought I could pose the question, which DVD edition impressed you the most so far...

My list includes:
- "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" -- the first DVD that actually *took* you into the movie (thanks to the Magic Mirror). Nice extras as well.

- "The Fantasia Anthology" - the bonus DVD is amazing beyond anything. (Love the "Fantasia That Never Was" bits)

- "Sleeping Beauty" - movie in wide-screen and sooo many great extras.

- "Mary Poppins" - this new DVD set is just absolutely beautiful (the making of is the best that I've seen from Disney, so far...)

- "Atlantis - The Lost Empire" - this DVD has *everything* and explains the making of the movie in great detail. Great, great, great.

- "Monsters, Inc." & "Finding Nemo" - Pixar just knows how to presents its studio... love the short "Mike's New Car" as well...

Any more thoughts from you?

PAT_MAGIC

I can say since I don't own half of those movies, which I am annoyed to say, my favourite Disney Special Edition would be Atlantis since it goes all the way around behind the scenes of it,
ps. Mary Poppins has not arrived on our shores yet :cry:

Anthony

I think it's fair to say that Atlantis is definately the most comprehensive and complete Disney DVD we've had so far, and other favourites of mine include:

- Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs
This DVD is just brilliant - the film looks amazing and the extras are all excellent aswell.  The "Disney thru the Decades" feature is really nice aswell.

- Aladdin
Although this appears to have less features than your average 2-disc Disney DVD, it's all presented so well and it's nice to have a substantial Making Of for once aswell.

- Monsters, Inc
The movie is one of the best and the special features are great aswell.  It could have done with a proper Making Of instead of the many smaller segments, with it's still very nice and the humans/monsters division is quite good.

- Tron
A great Making Of and loads of other extras, this is one of the best non-animation Disney DVDs available.

- Treasure Planet
For a single disc set this is surprisingly good, with a nice selected of extras aswell as an excellent visual/audio commentary.

If I had to pick one of these as my favourite DVD then it'd probably have to be Snow White, simply because it has that wonderful, intriguing historical element which most of the others just can't have.

Kristof

Mary Poppins....

Wish they had released the Snow White and Atlantis double dvd's here too.  

I'm also very fond of the deluxe box of Beauty and the Beast!!!

Anthony

*bump*

Nala_84

For Germany I just can say that the following DVD's would be on my fav-list:

- The Lion King (2-Disc-SE)

- The Beauty and the Beast (there was even a Deluxe-Edition)

- Aladdin

but the more DVDs came, the worse they were :( I've already told you the disaster of the new synchronisation (?) of Ariel. And that we have never gotten an SE of one of my favourite films, Pocahontas :(
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Samninetysix

Yep, Belle et la Bete does it for me every time