Charlies holiday summary!

Started by charliegal, August 11, 2008, 10:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliegal

I visited Disney Land from the 3rd of August to the 8th and had one of the best times we have ever had! We normally have awful weather even though we go during August, but had 3 days of glorius sunshine and just a couple of showers during the rest of the holiday.  The parks were the busiest that we had ever seen, especially the Studios which was heaving on one day! I just thought I would share with you a summary of my trip, and some of the best bits and some of the not so great bits!

We decided to try out the Disney magical hours on two occasions during our holiday and found them to be, not so magical! On one of the occasions, the only rides available during this time were Peter Pan and Its a Small World, with Peter Pan having a huge queue due to it being one of the only rides open. Both Buzz and the Carousel were closed due to technical faults. My Dad and I then decided to wait by Frontier land for the rope drop so that we could be one of the first on Thunder Mountain. However having waited for at least 25 minutes, when us and a huge crowd of people arrived at the attraction we were told that the ride was shut due to a technical problem and that we would have to come back later. Us and everyone else found this to be very annoying mainly due to the time we had spent waiting at the rope drop, but also because the cast members in this area would surely have known that we all waiting for the one attraction and could have easily have said something if they had been aware of the problem. This happened on another occasion, where we arrived at the same ride to be told that it was unavailable.  Surely this prime attraction should be available!
During my stay at the resort, I also felt that that the toilets in Disney land park were in the poorest state that I had ever seen and were smelly and messy even at the beginning of the day. It is encouraging that you see cleaners in the loos throughout the day, but it does ruin the magic slightly when the rest of the park is almost pristine, but the facilities are pretty much a state :S

Now for the positive! I decided to brave The Tower of Terror, and was so glad that I did! The theming in this attraction is amazing, and the cast members should also be commended! I must admit I was so scared when waiting for the attraction to begin, especially due to the way in which you only had two little handles to hold on to! We were very impressed by this whole area, and though that the fake building facades looked great and really helped to expand the park.

This was my second trip to the resort when Crush's Coaster has been in the Studios and it is currently my favourite attraction. Its just a little frustrating how if you want to go on the ride with minimal queue, you need to be there first thing in the morning and have to battle with the crowds. I was sure someone on the forum mentioned that it had a fast pass, was this taken away or was there never one? Unfortunately on my second go of the ride, when walking out the exit, the ride clearly didn't agree with one woman and she was being sick into a bush :S The worst bit is that I think she was on the same train as my Dad and I, I'm so glad she held it in!

Also loved Space Mountain Mission 2! I loved the effects in the ride which I feel Rock and Roller Coaster lacks. The ride is exciting the whole way through, but just felt it was really odd to place the camera where they did, and not even on the launch :S
I was also pleased to notice some added extras to the resort. My family and I felt that the trees in the village were great and make the area look so much nicer. Its just a shame about the giant balls which kinda look tacky when most don't work. Also loved the sun loungers that they have placed on the decking at Seqouia Lodge which are ideal when you have a hot day! We also noticed that some dry ice had been added to Pirates right by the swingy man, very nice!

Thanx for reading :D

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for sharing your report, I'm glad you had a great trip :)

burntsienna

Quote from: "charliegal"
Unfortunately on my second go of the ride, when walking out the exit, the ride clearly didn't agree with one woman and she was being sick into a bush :S The worst bit is that I think she was on the same train as my Dad and I, I'm so glad she held it in!

I'm glad she did too! otherwise it wouldn't have made your day very nice.

Great trip report! Glad you had a good trip (and avoided..'spillages')  :lol:  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Epcot_Boy

Thanks for the trip report charliegal......... :wink:

I have to admit that I rarely bother now with EMH's, mainly because of my own experiences and those of some friends, it seems that your experiences back this up :(

:offtopic: I'd much rather they were in the evening, but I doubt that will happen in the near future.

Glad the rest of your holiday was great.........DLRP is always Magical :wink:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David