DLP with the Baloos Day 4

Started by davewasbaloo, August 31, 2008, 10:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Exhausted we were, but there was still so much to be done!

We had breakfast in the Manhatten Restaurant, followed by another morning in the Studios.

Tried the ToT and loved it. Same with Stitch, even better than Turtle Talk (and me made friends with a lovely dutch family of AP holders). We enjoyed Animagique as usual, and the kids loved the Animation exhibit (I still cry during the montage - so stupid, I know).

They were trialling Crush Fastpass, which was aweful - stand by waits at nearly 3 hours for it and while Sarah queued for 25 min for fastpasses, the time zipped by nearly 4 hours. It meant we could not use the 3:30 slots as we had 4pm reservations. It also drove the wait times for Cars up to an hour and the Carpets were at 45 min (same level crowds before FP the couple of days before - those were 25 and 10 mins respectively). If this isn't a sign that FP is evil, I don't know what is.

We had some good character encounters, and then went to the Steakhouse for dinner. Once again it was sublime, and Patrick was serving. You see he is quite important to us, as on Mikey's first trip to DLP age 12 weeks, Patrick made a huge fuss over us, and put bread plates by Mikey to give him mouse ears (you may remember the photos). He also held him while we ate our main course to give us some piece. Well he remembered us!!!! So cool. and gave Jessie some free ice cream. So nice.

It was a great meal, we then shopped in the Village and headed back for a swim and an early night.

Here are the pics:

http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/I.jsp?c=5 ... leid=en_GB
since 2001 (many before that)

Pete's Dragon

I hope that's the end of the FP trail. Sound like a complete calamity. Another set of great pictures by the way  :)

never2old

Must have been so nice, to see with fireworks from your room...

Great pics. I didn't know they had a band in the Studios, I've never seen it!

davewasbaloo

This one was special for this summer. But they have almost always had bands.

the best time was opening year - there was a big band in studio 1, an Italian band, a Keystone cops brass troop and a group of roadies who played drums with bits of cases and junk!  Ah, those were the days.If we could have more attractions and live music, that would be great!!!! I know I'm greedy.

never2old

Sounds great...

I've only seen bands ocassionally in DLP. Love it, it makes for a great atmosphere in the park!

Alpop

You seemed to eat like kings and quaff the finest wines.................
Were you on the Dining plan? or just using your AP discount card?

davewasbaloo

Why thanks. Nope, I find the dining plan is not a good deal and very restrictive, especially when travelling with a family who are not always hungry.

Just simply used my AP discount. I found years ago we would go to the counter service restaurants, wait forever, get ok food and then repeat a couple of times a day.

Instead, now we have a hearty breakfast and then tend to eat 1 meal a day at about 3pm for a table service. It doesn't take much longer, and if you do not count the wine, it costs maybe 20 euro more. For better food, service and less stress, it is totally worth it.

Alpop

To be honest that was my theory on it too.
if you might want to snack instead of a big meal / you may fancy the golden arches for one meal.
I sort of worked it out that the value was if you went to California Grill and Blue lagoon for every meal.