Pirates and Princess Party

Started by phantom247, October 15, 2008, 04:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom247

Acording to someone on Disney Central Plaza DLRP will introduce another Payable ticketed event in 2009 Feb any informaion on the project.

dagobert

That would be great. We have been to the Pirates and Princess Party in the Magic Kingdom at WDW and we had a lot of fun. We really enjoyed it. Hopefully the CMs will be as great as the ones in Florida.

DLRP should arrange more events like this.

Willow

This was confirmed last week in the DLRP Today: Media Magic interview with Emmanuel Lenormand about Halloween. He said:

QuoteThat's what guests are going to be invited to do for Mickey's Magical Christmas Dinner in December or for the upcoming Princesses & Pirates Event next February: new Disney experiences, where guests really feel privileged!

Kristof

It was even mentioned a few months ago already on the board here.

It will be a small event, similar to Mickey's not so scary, just located in Fantasyland/Adventureland.

Nala_84

Sounds very good :)! Will this only take place during Mickey's party year, or also beyond?!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Willow

Quote from: "Nala_84"Sounds very good :)! Will this only take place during Mickey's party year, or also beyond?!

I think this is during "The Celebration Continues", The Magical Party doesn't start until March.

I guess February is the quietest month for visits so they are adding an event to try and get more visitors. If its popular i'm sure it will return each year.

dagobert

Just in Fantasyland and Adventureland?? So it's going to be a small event. Whay can't DLRP do it like WDW and make a big party.

There they have special maps, the CMs are dressed like pirates and the fireworks was the best I have ever seen.
They also have a pirates and princess parade, dance parties and treasure hunts for children and great meet and greet locations where you can take pictures with Disney Princesses and Captain Jack Sparrow of course.

They used the whole Magic Kingdom and all attractions were open, except shows.

If DLRP wants to do a Pirate and Princess Party they should do it in the right way.

Kristof

Mickey's Magical Party "only" sold 3500 tickets for its first event last week... Imagine the whole park would have been open with fireworks, a full blown parade, etc... Would not have been a very wise business decision.

Remember the Halloween Soirees started off small too...

dagobert

Kristof, you are right. I didn't think about the business side. Maybe it would be better to do such an event during high season in summer. There is warm weather and more people are in the resort.

The Disneyland Park is open for the party guests and WDS could be open for the normal visitors.

Patrick

Quote from: "dagobert"Kristof, you are right. I didn't think about the business side. Maybe it would be better to do such an event during high season in summer. There is warm weather and more people are in the resort.

The Disneyland Park is open for the party guests and WDS could be open for the normal visitors.

I wouldn't say the high season would be a good idea, after all can you imagine people being forced into wds until 11pm instead of dlp.  Also it is good idea during low season as it attracts people to the resort for these extra events.

I personally love the idea of these wdw events with a dlrp twist.  MNSSHP seems to be a great success and I can see why it looks very fun, so hopefully they will be able to do the same with this.

ford prefect

Just phoned DLP.
The Princess and Pirate Party will take place on Friday 27/2/09.

Price will be £17.50 each.  No concessions.

Pretty much the same as Not So Scary.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

cap'njack

That's a shame. I'd have loved to have taken my little Pirate to that but the wife is due to give birth on the 23rd so booking it would probably be tempting fate too much  :shock:

Disneymum

I've heard that the P&P Party is cancelled for all evenings?

Willow

Quote from: "Disneymum"I've heard that the P&P Party is cancelled for all evenings?

There have been rumours over the last few days that the Walt Disney World Pirate and Princess Parties are being cancelled. I've not heard nothing about DLRP's, I think ours will go ahead just to see what the uptake will be like, if its poor and not amazing I doubt it will return in 2010.